Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Can a CGT hold up to 12,000 miles a year and lots of abuse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Banned
Mike T is infamous around these parts
I know that MarsMan drives his quite a bit ... I can't remember an exact figure on the mileage, but he would probably be the guy to ask.

Old 09-24-2005, 09:50 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
We maintain 5 CGT's in our area and one client drives his car daily ...... And he even gets stuck on the 405 parking lot @ 5 pm.

Its probably the most usable supercar on the road today..

Drive the damn thing.. And dont turn it into a garage queen....
Is it true that the CGT needs valve adjustments? It seems pretty old school for such a high tech car. If it's true, why didn't they use hydraulic lifters?

Old 09-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
A guy over here had over 7000km in June (that's 5k miles in a couple months) on the worst roads in the world, and the car still looks perfect. Same car I saw again in september ... still looks as good as day one, no particular issues, and I'm sure mileage is now over 10 000km, although I forgot to check.

I'd be more worried about my wallet than the actual car holding up ... and make sure your insurance isn't gonna ***** out if you get some bumper love from some hick in his SUV!!!

Old 09-24-2005, 10:08 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
isn't SLR driveable like the GT too?

Old 09-25-2005, 01:19 AM
hah
Banned
hah is infamous around these parts
In almost 5 months I've driven my car for over 6,500km (4,000M)with no problems whatsoever and now I'm shopping for new tires.

The only problem that someone might encounter driving the CGT daily is if the roads are bad, but again you'll have problems with any sports car for that matter.

Old 09-25-2005, 01:29 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Speaking of tire wear on the CGT, is the car running rear toe in? 4000 miles sounds like Acura NSX tire wear. They usually get about 4-5k per rear set because of the rear toe that is run on that car.

Old 09-25-2005, 10:49 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
We maintain 5 CGT's in our area and one client drives his car daily ...... And he even gets stuck on the 405 parking lot @ 5 pm.

Its probably the most usable supercar on the road today..

Drive the damn thing.. And dont turn it into a garage queen....

Very well said, we maintain about the same # of gt's. Id get one and drive it everyday , why not. I do have one client that has 2 gt's, one to drive and one he is going to leave perfect and not put miles on.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:44 AM
MWM
MWM is infamous around these parts
Smile

Originally posted by MJC123
Understatement of the year!
But seriously . . . how many of us junkies keep a car that's been hit anyway??

Insurance will fix it, and you'll buy another one or maybe try something else.

Old 09-25-2005, 01:38 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
someone on this board had over 20K in one year ... he was new?

Old 09-26-2005, 04:31 PM
themarsman is infamous around these parts
I only have about 3,200 miles on my car so far it has been perfect. I still have the original tires on the car and plenty of tread left. This is by far the most usable supercar I have ever driven. If you are serious about getting a supercar to drive everyday there is only one choice.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:10 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Brian Haske
I do have one client that has 2 gt's, one to drive and one he is going to leave perfect and not put miles on.
Sein?

Old 09-26-2005, 05:11 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Originally posted by DEETZ
maybe not 2k but 20k

Old 09-26-2005, 05:37 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can a CGT hold up to 12,000 miles a year and lots of abuse

Originally posted by Doug H
if I get a $ 400k Porsche, I am going to drive the hell out of it. If the Porsche cannot be used like this, I am thinking maybe a lipstick red Saleen or selling a boat to get an F50 in the next year or so.

Good for you. Porsche's are meant to be driven.
You won't be able to drive the hell out of an F50 w/o spending alot in the meantime keeping it Ferrari maintained. The Saleen, I'm not sure. Since it's an American motor, maybe maintenance costs will be less. At any rate, Porsche's are meant to be driven ! Cheers and good luck with this most difficult decision. For me, it would be between the Saleen and CGT.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:27 PM
deanger is infamous around these parts
IF you want to drive what amounts to a supercar everyday -- F50, Enzo,CGT,SLR... And a few others. The SLR is the most driveable. And the Enzo is surprisingly driveable. The CGT wouldn't be a problem as long as you don't have any truly horrible incline/declines getting into driveways...etc.

It takes about 30 seconds to take off/put on roof. Passenger seat makes a nice place to keep a briefcase/bag...etc. Car has a built in phone...

Old 09-26-2005, 09:12 PM
amirgt2 is infamous around these parts
4200 miles and no problems here.

Amir

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can a CGT hold up to 12,000 miles a year and lots of abuse