Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Picked her up on Saturday!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 11:57 AM
apessino is infamous around these parts
Thanks again everyone!

I can't wait to stretch her legs - I went for a drive around the block this morning (in my underwear ) just to remind myself how awesome it feels. I ride my bikes 99% of the time, road and track, including commuting, so she is not likely to see much use.

Even if I have spent a lot of time at the track on bikes I have never taken a car before, I think this GT3 will be the first. Got to see what she can really do...

As for the bikes, I have streamlined my collection recently (I only keep the bikes I ride regularly), down to 5 from 7. The most recent is a 2014 BMW HP4 Competition I got a few months ago, my 2nd S1000RR and easily the greatest sportbike I have ever experienced.

Originally Posted by Haku
Congratulations! What a terrific looking GT3!
I'm glad you kept the alcantara steering wheel rather than the leather option. I've mentioned it to my other friends who have GT3's, on this car the Alcantara wheel is a must... It just feels wonderful and sporty.
Agreed! For anything that you touch on a regular basis I think Alcantara is superior to leather. It feels fantastic and is much more resilient.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, congrats!!!

Great to see another beast of a GT3 roaming around the streets of Southern California

Old 03-06-2015, 01:58 PM
BlackSpeed is infamous around these partsBlackSpeed is infamous around these parts
good for you, I love this car in red!
I love the CCBs too, PM if you ever wanna sell her

Old 03-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Dexston is infamous around these parts
Looks amazing! Congrats!

Would you have happened to be in Irvine earlier this week? Saw a new red GT3 driving in front of a Korean market. Could not see the driver so I couldn't ask him, "do you even lift bro?"

Great garage too!

Congrats on the purchase and film your excitement once you are able to open her up!

Old 03-07-2015, 07:23 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats. Looks great too. I am jealous of your garage floor and setup. Enjoy the car now that you have her. Car have a "name" yet ?

Old 03-08-2015, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Dexston
Looks amazing! Congrats!

Would you have happened to be in Irvine earlier this week? Saw a new red GT3 driving in front of a Korean market. Could not see the driver so I couldn't ask him, "do you even lift bro?"

Great garage too!

Congrats on the purchase and film your excitement once you are able to open her up!
Nope, wasn't me - even if I work in Irvine and I am there every day I have not taken the car around there yet.

The film shall be made, even if at this rate it is going to take me months to break her in. I need more hours in a day...

Old 03-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by seapar
Congrats. Looks great too. I am jealous of your garage floor and setup. Enjoy the car now that you have her. Car have a "name" yet ?
No name, I just address her as "honey.."

Old 03-08-2015, 02:27 PM
GothamHistorian is infamous around these parts
awesome seats! I didn't think the carbons were US legal! Where did you get the black porsche flag? I want one for my garage!

Old 03-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by GothamHistorian
awesome seats! I didn't think the carbons were US legal! Where did you get the black porsche flag? I want one for my garage!
Legal and totally worth it - even if they make ingress/egress an affair impossible to execute while looking "cool" (egress is especially challenging - seeing my wife trying to get out of the car while wearing a skirt was all kinds of fun ). The ergonomics of this car are, as Harris would say, a "masterclass."

As for the flag, Amazon is your friend:

Amazon.com: Porsche Flag 3' X 5' Banner: Automotive Amazon.com: Porsche Flag 3' X 5' Banner: Automotive

I also got a red one for the other side of the garage:

Amazon Amazon

Old 03-09-2015, 03:46 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Congrats! Car looks awesome! But I am biased Jealous of your seats!

Old 03-09-2015, 10:51 PM
flyingturtle is infamous around these parts
Nice

Old 03-10-2015, 08:04 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Love the seats. Great looking car. Congrats.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:55 AM
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice! Congrats. PS, you look like Randy Couture. lol

Old 03-10-2015, 08:53 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
congrats- you got the best color for sure

Old 03-11-2015, 07:08 PM
MaxSpeedG is infamous around these parts
congrats, that car looks hella nice!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked her up on Saturday!