Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Modding a GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Speedracer38 is infamous around these parts
Modding a GT3

Hey everyone my friend just picked up a midnight blue GT3 and is thinking of doing some basic engine mods. He asked me to find out what mods to get and I knew you guys would have some advice. All input is very much appreciated!!

-Jason

Old 11-02-2005, 08:49 AM
NMEX is infamous around these parts
for starters:
BNC filter ( direct swap)
RS Fly wheel
RS Clutch
RS Preasure plate
RSR Cracnk Case Breather

Thats it not much to do on these cars on the engine side. To try to chip the care is almost a risk some one has done it with UNICHIP but in my opinion not worht the risk

Old 11-02-2005, 10:44 AM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Manthey has a nice system.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:16 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
just don't ruin the motor with a turbo or super charger kit...

Old 11-02-2005, 04:59 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Manthey power kit..

Old 11-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Just email me and I'd be happy to help out,, weve got these cars going pretty good

Cargraphics power kit is a very nice way to go indeed...

I would concentrate on setting the car up first and foremost and then worry about power............. But hey thats my .02 cents....

Either way would be happy to help..

Attached Images  

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 11-02-2005 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:46 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by rockitman
just don't ruin the motor with a turbo or super charger kit...
Pretty much sums it up!! How much of an effect do the mentioned bolt ons have exactly, much noticeable gains or not really?!? (To the clutch and so on)

Old 11-02-2005, 11:40 PM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by NMEX
for starters:
BNC filter ( direct swap)
RS Fly wheel
RS Clutch
RS Preasure plate
RSR Cracnk Case Breather
i've read on rennlist that a 4.00:1 ring and pinion is a worthwhile mod, since the gt3 has long gearing but its powerband is naturally shifted towards the top-end. the stock gearing is long, especially from the 1-2 shift, i believe 1st ends at 46 and 2nd at 82. shifting from 1-2 places you in the midrange where power is not as adequate as it could be with optimized gearing.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:50 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
HI from Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsports

The other guys have made some nice suggestions. I like the lightweight flywheel, suspension set-up properly and crankcase breather too.

The GT3 is so very quiet that you cant hear the engine. Given that Fabspeed Motorsports has dyno developed and street/track tested and offers the following parts in super quality T 304Stainless steel mirror show polished.

Farnbacher Lolles Racing in Connecticut or Dan Jacobs Automotive have installed our systems in you area.

GT3 MaxFlow mufflers with or without tips
GT3 Maxflo muffler bypass pipes
GT3 headers with merge collectors 1 piece mandrel bent
GT3 sports racing catalytic converters
GT3 catalytic converter bypass/replacement pipes
BMC F1 GT3 airfilter

All the above parts are in stock @ great prices. Ultimate quality better than anything. For example 1 piece C.N.C. mnadrel bent tubing for headers and all pipes. Nothing is all welded up from multiple single pieces/sections of stainless tubing like all other companies/tuners. Significantly better exhaust flow and strenght is the benefit- unfortunately a $250,000.00 automated CNC mandrel bender MUST be bought!
Components can be combined into a package. Dyno data and detailed photos and explanations are on our website.

Have a great day
Joe Fabiani

www.fabspeed.com

Old 11-03-2005, 11:43 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Ring and Pinion

My understanding is that a shorter ring and pinion gear still does not resolve the wide gap in spacing within the first 3 gears, especially between 1st and 2nd. Further, the shorter r and p are subject to more wear and thus more frequent replacement. There does not appear to be a real short cut outside of revised gearing at considerably more expense.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:54 PM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
Re: Ring and Pinion

Originally posted by NelsonF
My understanding is that a shorter ring and pinion gear still does not resolve the wide gap in spacing within the first 3 gears, especially between 1st and 2nd. Further, the shorter r and p are subject to more wear and thus more frequent replacement. There does not appear to be a real short cut outside of revised gearing at considerably more expense.
good information, i stand corrected.

Old 11-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We also offer a shorther gear set for 3rd 4th and 5th gears.

Would seriously aid in the accelaration of the car... And keeps it in the sweet spot at the track..

You are correct the ring and pinions do wear quicker...

Old 11-04-2005, 09:32 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
GT3 Mods

Fabryce,

What is your recommended solution to the wide gap between 1st and 2nd gear? Also, do you have a recommendation regarding the issue of necessary frequent alignments due to the eccentrics on the stock GT3 continually being moved? This can be quite tiresome after only a couple thousand miles on a new alignment. I hear some recommend cup mono ball parts in the rear. Thanks.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:58 PM
JoeG is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 993RSClubsport

The other guys have made some nice suggestions. I like the lightweight flywheel, suspension set-up properly and crankcase breather too.

The GT3 is so very quiet that you cant hear the engine. Given that Fabspeed Motorsports has dyno developed and street/track tested and offers the following parts in super quality T 304Stainless steel mirror show polished.

Farnbacher Lolles Racing in Connecticut or Dan Jacobs Automotive have installed our systems in you area.

BMC F1 GT3 airfilter

All the above parts are in stock @ great prices. Ultimate quality better than anything. For example 1 piece C.N.C. mnadrel bent tubing for headers and all pipes. Nothing is all welded up from multiple single pieces/sections of stainless tubing like all other companies/tuners. Significantly better exhaust flow and strenght is the benefit- unfortunately a $250,000.00 automated CNC mandrel bender MUST be bought!
Components can be combined into a package. Dyno data and detailed photos and explanations are on our website.

Have a great day
Joe Fabiani

www.fabspeed.com
your website says you paid 400,000 for the bender!!! LOL!!!!
that thing is depreciating like crazy!

Old 11-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 993RSClubsport

BMC F1 GT3 airfilter

Have a great day
Joe Fabiani

www.fabspeed.com
Joe, I've got your muffler bypass pipes and love them. One problem though, the heat gives the tips a tarnished look. I've used metal polish on them to clean them up some, but they'll never look like new again. Any ideas, or is it just something I'll have to live with?

Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modding a GT3