GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT4 vs Z06 and over or under MSRP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2015 | 02:06 PM
|
Sunny_M3 is infamous around these partsSunny_M3 is infamous around these parts
GT4 vs Z06 and over or under MSRP?

Hey there my fellow members, I have two questions and wanted to get some feedback:

(1) Would you purchase a Z06 over a GT4?
(2) If a GT4 is your answer, would you pay 10K over MSRP for an allocation?

Any and all advice would be appreciative.

Old 06-23-2015 | 06:25 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I would take the GT4, but I wouldn't pay over MSRP on any car. Sit tight if you want the GT4. Porsche will make enough. If you have to get it now, then it's up to you if you want to throw $10K to the wind.

The Z06 is awesome, but until they iron out the overheating issues, I'd stay away.

Old 06-24-2015 | 09:47 PM
Sfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really nice
Originally Posted by Nikolas
I would take the GT4, but I wouldn't pay over MSRP on any car. Sit tight if you want the GT4. Porsche will make enough. If you have to get it now, then it's up to you if you want to throw $10K to the wind.

The Z06 is awesome, but until they iron out the overheating issues, I'd stay away.
I respectfully disagree with your sentiment regarding the speculated production numbers of the GT4, simply because the dealers can command a premium over MSRP on a car because demand exceeds inventory and the foreseeable expected production numbers; hence the 10K premium.

If I were you, I'd acquire the GT4 over the Z06 simply because you can acquire the GT4, drive it for a while, and sell it if you don't like it, all the while probably breaking even, given that the limited production run and high demand for the GT4 will keep the values steady if not accretive.

Old 06-25-2015 | 12:21 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Sfarooq
I respectfully disagree with your sentiment regarding the speculated production numbers of the GT4, simply because the dealers can command a premium over MSRP on a car because demand exceeds inventory and the foreseeable expected production numbers; hence the 10K premium. If I were you, I'd acquire the GT4 over the Z06 simply because you can acquire the GT4, drive it for a while, and sell it if you don't like it, all the while probably breaking even, given that the limited production run and high demand for the GT4 will keep the values steady if not accretive.
You mean like the GT3? Porsche builds enough minus 1 for demand. The GT3, GT3RS and GT4 are not limited production numbers.

Everyone hypes the low numbers until the second, third and fourth allocations arrive. Just look at the GT3. The first rumors were the original 785 were it. Then the 2015 production was announced with production ending in December. Then the production was extended until March, with far more 2015 units being produced over the original 785 2014 units. Now there is a production run of 2016 units being shipped and produced right now.

If one thing is for sure, Porsche will feed the demand. If these were limited models like the 997 4.0 RS, I'd agree, but they are not. They are just very desirable. Even with the increased volume of GT3s, used ones are still being sold well over MSRP. But, you can get one, even 18 months after the first ones were delivered.

The GT4 will be no different, if not produced in greater numbers considering the price point. I simply would not panic, thinking you need to jump on board with the first allocations for fear of never acquiring one. Especially if that move requires a premium.

Last edited by Nikolas; 06-25-2015 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-25-2015 | 12:57 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
buy both

Old 06-25-2015 | 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by mooty
buy both
There's the best answer!