Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

San Diego to Crystal Cove Sat...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Hello Angry.
angryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by fayence
literally.
sounds fun, but I still think I could have caught up somewhere in the 40 or so miles before the 73's toll booths!

Old 11-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
Originally posted by PorscheFanatic
Ryan could you send me that pic in highres to Felixwinqvist@gmail.com

Thanks and great pic, just wished I would've been there with you guys!
Just download the zip file I posted. Here it is again: http://www.redroxband.com/CCnov19.zip

Thats all the high rez pics.

Old 11-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Banned
cbutler32 is infamous around these parts
angryswede - Hey.... you're talking about me . Unless you guys were literally going 100 the whole way, I would have caught up eventually! My car's no rocket but it'll do 130 pretty easily. An s4 avant wouldn't have had any problem catching most of you guys, either. I think you underestimate audi's, just like everyone else seems to.

It wasn't a knock...
just that unless your eyes were glued to the road while on the on-ramp...
we would have went by in a couple of blinks of the eyes...
if that...
that's all...
I know you could have hung no prob...
I was referring to the fact if you could see us...
next time...

Sorry if the rate was a little high for some...
I don't think the Viper making a short run helped
But we got to a reasonable flow...
Next time, someone else can lead if they want...
I only go as fast as the guy behind me wants too...
and when you have a driver who is willing and able like Fayence in a CGT you make sure you run fast enough...
and running behind him is not fun right by the entrance to the toll road...
man, do those tires kick up everything on the road...
thanks for the call Paul!

Last edited by cbutler32; 11-21-2005 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:41 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Played with them in Photoshop, hope your friend don't min Ryan!

Attached Images  

Last edited by PorscheFanatic; 11-21-2005 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:46 PM
motorsportnick is infamous around these parts
Yea, I don't think he was knocking the S4, its just I looked down at my speedo when we were "cruising" and we were at 120mph for a bit. If you saw us on the other side of the freeway and had to turn around to catch us you would have to go pretty fast to catch up, not knocking the car, I don't think anyone would have wanted to drive a car as fast as you would have needed to to catch up!

On another note, that was a blast and if anyone would want to meet up for another "spirited" drive one of these weekends I think we would have alot of fun, I know a route we can take that will take us through most of the San Diego canyon's and mountain roads, we used to do this years ago with a bunch of nsx's and rx7. Let me know if you guys wanna do something

Old 11-21-2005, 06:51 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
So sweet!

Attached Images  
Old 11-21-2005, 06:54 PM
New avatar for the man himself

Attached Images  
Old 11-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Hello Angry.
angryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to behold
no sweat, guys. I didn't know you were cruising like that!

I'll have to get up in time to make it up to one of these sometime, I look at the pics every week and wish I would have just got out of bed when the alarm went off rather than thinking about it. Maybe next time (although, I think next week is the Carlsbad meet).

Last edited by angryswede; 11-22-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
Played with them in Photoshop, hope your friend don't min Ryan!
excellent photoshop work, I wish I would have sent you the pics first before I made the video.........

Old 11-21-2005, 07:47 PM
So sweet!
Thats eye candy x 1000

...my new wallpaper

Last edited by Ryan in SD; 11-21-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:56 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the avatar!

Old 11-21-2005, 07:58 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like you guys had some fun .. who wants to do this again next week?

Old 11-21-2005, 08:01 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
I'm heading to Streets of Willow next Friday to get my GT on the track for the first time! Should be fun. Perhaps the following weekend we can do a drive.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:02 PM
I say once a month (atleast). But we should be VERY careful around traffic, we're playing the odds the more we do this...so lets be safe.

---edit

my video will be up shorty

Old 11-21-2005, 08:13 PM

[VIDEO]

This is the LOW quality version. I have a 49mb version which is a lot more pleasant to watch although my webspace will probably crap out if I try to host it. I will be handing out CDs with the higher quality version at upcoming car shows.

enjoy!

http://www.redroxband.com/SDtoOC1_low.wmv

Last edited by Ryan in SD; 11-21-2005 at 08:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.