Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

San Diego to Crystal Cove Sat...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Hello Angry.
angryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to behold
ryan, check your pm's

Old 11-21-2005, 08:38 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
Nice job on the video!

Old 11-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
Originally posted by fayence
Nice job on the video!
thanks

It wouldnt have been so hot without a certain car...

Old 11-21-2005, 09:13 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by fayence
I'm heading to Streets of Willow next Friday to get my GT on the track for the first time! Should be fun. Perhaps the following weekend we can do a drive.
cool .. if you are doing a private track day and want to share time PM me.

Old 11-21-2005, 09:24 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Ryan, that was a Damn good video. I enjoyed it great quality or not. Thanks Bro!!!

Old 11-21-2005, 09:51 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by quartermile
cool .. if you are doing a private track day and want to share time PM me.
The track is already comitted by a small group of us. The event was set up by someone else and I was invited.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:20 AM
BrandonFD3S is infamous around these parts
The Trip to CC was awesome..
It was nice to meet everyone, The pics turned out great but It was kinda hard to keep steady at such high speeds

Ryan the video was awesome!!
This Sat ill have the camera so we can make a video if the C-Bad meet is good.

Hope to see you guys again, The run up to CC was a blast I wish I had my RX7 ready!

Paul,
Your CGT is so very sexy! Thanks for setting up the amazing caravan. But you guys took off, That Viper was a beast also.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:29 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Ryan in SD
I say once a month (atleast). But we should be VERY careful around traffic, we're playing the odds the more we do this...so lets be safe.
Ry, even more than that, authorities monitor web forums and sometimes come out to monitor get togethers--so online talk of spirited driving on the street should be curtailed. Wouldn't want to have a caravan on a nice morning turn into a bummer run-in. Ben warned me about this, said even some of the Palomar Mtn drives were monitored by fuzz who found out about them online...

Old 11-22-2005, 02:23 AM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
Originally posted by Super D
Ry, even more than that, authorities monitor web forums and sometimes come out to monitor get togethers--so online talk of spirited driving on the street should be curtailed. Wouldn't want to have a caravan on a nice morning turn into a bummer run-in. Ben warned me about this, said even some of the Palomar Mtn drives were monitored by fuzz who found out about them online...
rgr that, thanks for the heads up.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:13 AM
motorsportnick is infamous around these parts
Yea, I have heard of them monitoring web forums, a spirited drive is nothing though, just a couple of people taking a cruise.. We can talk more about it at the carlsbad meet and through pm's though!

Old 11-22-2005, 08:00 AM
Driving fast is just a figure of speach -- we just mean that we had fun. We all know that the law is first and foremost, and maintaining a safe and reasonable speed, well within the posted limits, is what we all work hard to achieve. Speed is meant for the track, not for public roads.

Old 11-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Banned
cbutler32 is infamous around these parts
fayence makes a great point...
once the Viper left you have to admit things got very mellow and very reasonable...
Once again, it was a great time and Ryan and Branndon you guys did a great job shooting photos and the video.
Thanks to fayence once again for the "invite".
Enjoy yourself at Willow Springs!!!
It is a great track and the last turn you really have to believe giving it gas is the way to go (off camber turn)...
As for Palomar, that is targeted by the CHP due to the numerous motorcycle crashes there from "over the liners"...
and setting up "spirited" drives on message boards only asks for someone to become involved - be it someone on the board, a monitor or the moderators of the board itself to report it...
And I agree wholeheartedly with fayence, that "spirited" driving is left for the track.
Here is a good example of what could happen on the track vs. the street...
One of our guys in Laguna Seca spun a Viper off the track Sat. in the corkscrew - result - no injury, no damage to the car and a couple of safety tires moved around which helped him not hit a wall...
street - injuries most likely, damage to car from wall, authorities involved...
Stay safe and Happy Motoring!!!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving week everyone!!!

Old 11-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Hello Angry.
angryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to behold
lol to the edits.

ryan, check yer pm's again.

Last edited by angryswede; 11-22-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by angryswede
lol to the edits.

ryan, check yer pm's again.
thanks man, I posted the higher quality video in another thread.

Old 11-22-2005, 10:39 PM
BDH
BDH is infamous around these parts
Good job on the video, to my surprise one of my cars ended up in the finale, the black GT2!!!! I lent it to a friend and he brought it down to Crystal Cove.

Thanks,

Brian

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.