GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT2 beats a C6 ZO6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 11:41 AM
GeorgeJ is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: The C6 Z06 is faster than a GT2

Originally posted by quartermile
How can you jump to a conclusion like that? May be you were in the wrong gear or may be the Z06 was modded. Chances are every Z06 and Viper out there is modded considering the cost.

My intention was not to make a blanket conclusion, but only passing along my own experience against a new Z06.

In regards to shifting, I drove my car at its optimum performance and banged off gear changes perfectly. I am not a stranger to these street encounters and did not lose that race due to driver error. That Z06 (stock or modded) was clearly faster than my GT2.

As I stated before, I was just passing along my own experience with the new Z06.

Take care.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:52 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Re: Re: The C6 Z06 is faster than a GT2

Originally posted by quartermile
How can you jump to a conclusion like that? May be you were in the wrong gear or may be the Z06 was modded. Chances are every Z06 and Viper out there is modded considering the cost.
We have seen videos of the C6 Z06 racing , we have seen dynos of the car putting down 450+ rwhp in bone stock trim, we have seen videos of it trapping at 125/126 mph in bone stock trim, and we have read reviews by GT2/X50 owners that claim this car is faster, yet you still can not see why a stock C6 Z would beat a stock GT2??

The Z is the quicker car, live with it.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:10 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Re: Re: Re: The C6 Z06 is faster than a GT2

Originally posted by SCvet00
We have seen videos of the C6 Z06 racing , we have seen dynos of the car putting down 450+ rwhp in bone stock trim, we have seen videos of it trapping at 125/126 mph in bone stock trim, and we have read reviews by GT2/X50 owners that claim this car is faster, yet you still can not see why a stock C6 Z would beat a stock GT2??

The Z is the quicker car, live with it.

OK, now that you have said it we will all "live with it"
Gotta luv this thread though !
I hope I dont run into any Z06 Vette when I am driving my G55k. (in the snow)

Bajo

Old 12-29-2005, 12:29 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: The C6 Z06 is faster than a GT2

Originally posted by BBGT2

Bajo

Now that is a race I would like to see.

I got $100 bucks on Bajo and his G55k.

Any takers?

Old 12-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Honestly guys, it does not matter that a Z06 is faster than the GT2 in stock form.

All that matters is the GT2 is a much better car overall than the Z06 to the majority of us. Speed is just one variable in the overall sports car experience. Overall, the GT2 is hard to beat. You gotta love the GT2.

Cheers.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:37 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by GeorgeJ
Honestly guys, it does not matter that a Z06 is faster than the GT2 in stock form.

All that matters is the GT2 is a much better car overall than the Z06 to the majority of us. Speed is just one variable in the overall sports car experience. You gotta love the GT2.

Cheers.
E X A C T L Y !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you George!
Diff. strokes for different folks!
Why do I drive a GT2..... simply put and said Because I want to and CAN.
Same can be said for the Vette luvers.
BTW.
We split the win money from my race on food and drinks!

Old 12-29-2005, 01:02 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Re: The C6 Z06 is faster than a GT2

Originally posted by BBGT2

Bajo
I ran into one with my Cayenne Turbo but the old guy wont race me,it was pouring rainLOL

Last edited by alex911s; 12-29-2005 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:47 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by terrence
Wow! This is still going on??? Why is this so important?

Well, I currently have both an 06 M5 and an 06 Z06. Both stock. Just sold my 04 996TT cab stage 2.

My Z06 is so much faster that it would not even be in the time zone as the M5 if they raced (straights, corners, you name it). With The 996TT, it would be in the same time zone but still clearly behind, especailly after 80mph. You can't beat the 6.2 hp/lb fact, assuming 505 is real hp on the Z06. So far all the dynos i have seen are in the 440 to 470 rwhp range which seems to indicate that it may be putting out more than the claimed 505hp.
Quite a stable of cars. Got any pictures?

Old 12-29-2005, 03:46 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
Re: Re: Re: The C6 Z06 is faster than a GT2

Originally posted by 20C4S
Michael,
LOL. why is it so hard to believe that the Z06 is fast? George's right. stock GT2 can not dump the stock Z by 10 cars no way. however, ur GT3 is a different story though...

I am just having fun with this .... it is possible. The Vette guys did a good job making a drag racer. Just the fact that a Z06 and a GT2 are mentioned in the same sentence is an accomplishment for GM. Now GT3 .. that's something else

Old 12-29-2005, 05:27 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
GT2

Michael,

Its been a while. Hope all is well. Have you run across a new Z06 at the track yet? I hear they are not only fast in a straight line..... Your lightweight GT3 might have better luck than most but I would not underestimate.

Old 12-29-2005, 06:21 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
Re: GT2

Originally posted by NelsonF
Michael,

Its been a while. Hope all is well. Have you run across a new Z06 at the track yet? I hear they are not only fast in a straight line..... Your lightweight GT3 might have better luck than most but I would not underestimate.
Hey Nelson ... won't be going back to the track before February and then it will be the M5 pig so no worries. Z06 is totally irrelevant as far as I am concerned … this GT3 is beyond my current driving capability and the best driver’s car ever made. For the straight line there are cheaper and faster choices .. can you say "HAYABUSA" ... and has more class than a Vette:

Last edited by quartermile; 12-29-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:44 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Busa

Wow, hot. Although I've been there, done that and survived, I would now prefer the protection of being strapped into a well engineered car (with cage). Great minds think alike, I've been looking at M5's too. With regard to my GT3, I'm going back and forth between trading for a GT2 or increasing displacement on the 3 via Manthey, Cargraphics or PSI kit. Miss the turbo torque but love the hi-rev 3. I'm probably just ithcing for something new.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Re: Busa

Originally posted by NelsonF
Wow, hot. Although I've been there, done that and survived, I would now prefer the protection of being strapped into a well engineered car (with cage). Great minds think alike, I've been looking at M5's too. With regard to my GT3, I'm going back and forth between trading for a GT2 or increasing displacement on the 3 via Manthey, Cargraphics or PSI kit. Miss the turbo torque but love the hi-rev 3. I'm probably just ithcing for something new.
You just need a new GF..

Suzuki GSX1300R has a 9.8 sec @ 146 mph quartermile and has a top speed in excess of 190 MPH before the tubo gets slapped on! It makes modded Z06 and GT2s look like a joke. Keep the GT3 and ride the bike with your new GF, Only live once.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:17 PM
GT2

Ha. OK, you first Michael. That GF thing would be fun but trouble too! You get the Busa and I'll get the GT2 and we'll rent a house for the harem.

Last edited by NelsonF; 12-29-2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:44 PM
zed
zed is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by GeorgeJ

All that matters is the GT2 is a much better car overall than the Z06 to the majority of us. Speed is just one variable in the overall sports car experience. Overall, the GT2 is hard to beat. You gotta love the GT2.

Cheers.
Interesting thread. I agree with the above statement. Speed is not that important. Build quality, styling, refinement, heritage, sex appeal, quality of materials, rarity, cost, etc are all more important. Most (not all) of the time the car is matched to the budget of the buyer. A person with a budget of $1 million might spring for an Enzo. Someone with a budget of $70k might go for a Z06. Both great cars that can be appreciated by all enthusiasts. Comparisons are not that productive but are entertaining for those who relish a debate. When I see any Porsche on the road I always do a double take. With a Vette I almost never do. Just not feelin' it. My .02

Happy New Year
Zed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 beats a C6 ZO6