Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT2 beats a C6 ZO6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 08:01 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I've yet to see any members say the "ate" up a Z06 on the track. So who are you referring too

We have 1 or 2 ex GT2 owners who now have Z06's and they seem to think differently.

Old 12-11-2005, 08:03 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by gt3-4me
i think it was cerubus (sandy). i know he hangs around the starbucks that was mentioned in the tread. he bought josh's gt2.

what's the info on the car? Was that the one that competed in the shootout? Stage IV right?

Old 12-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
i think it was cerubus (sandy). i know he hangs around the starbucks that was mentioned in the tread. he bought josh's gt2.
This one? Is this watt's ex-GT2? I see not engin mod. when he sell it. May done up by new owner!
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...hlight=gt2josh

Old 12-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Roberga
c6 z06 vs GT3 the vette gets it. GT2 no way. We do have 2 here and they track often. The GT2 eats them up.
Please don't compare straight line to track. That is idiotic.

Old 12-11-2005, 10:45 PM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
Sounds like it was definately Sandy. He is an active member on Z06vette as well (great forum IMO). Interesting to hear about the result.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:02 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
WHen we rented out the track about a month a go there was a new Z06 there. He had alot of trouble getting a good launch but was consistently trapping 123mph+ With a good launch I believe a Z06 could break a 11.8 or better 1/4. There was a modified E55 that ran a 11.52 on street radials. That being said, I've never seen a GT2 at the track but I'm sure you guys have.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Roberga is infamous around these parts
I have never seen a formula car at the drag strip either. They are not built for that activity.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by blackbenzz
WHen we rented out the track about a month a go there was a new Z06 there. He had alot of trouble getting a good launch but was consistently trapping 123mph+ With a good launch I believe a Z06 could break a 11.8 or better 1/4. There was a modified E55 that ran a 11.52 on street radials. That being said, I've never seen a GT2 at the track but I'm sure you guys have.

who cares about drag racing

Old 12-12-2005, 10:44 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Roberga
c6 z06 vs GT3 the vette gets it. GT2 no way. We do have 2 here and they track often. The GT2 eats them up.
I have a video right now on my desktop of me running an SRT-10 from a roll in my 2001 Z06, and he lost.

My point? It is all about driver. Tell your friends or whoever owns the Z06's to learn how to drive. Sorry, but driver for driver, a Z06 would beat a GT2 at the track or at the dragstrip.

Ask a few Z06/P-car owners, they will will tell you the same thing.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:42 AM
kem
kem is infamous around these parts
Stock for stock, I dont doubt the Z06 would beat a GT2, but it was stated it was modded (to what extent who knows), but chip/intake/exhaust (what the GT2 had at the least) yields over 525hp+ & 530tq+, so from a roll to high speeds its no suprise the GT2 won. GT2 is known as a car that does very well at very high speeds.

Originally posted by SCvet00
My point? It is all about driver. Tell your friends or whoever owns the Z06's to learn how to drive. Sorry, but driver for driver, a Z06 would beat a GT2 at the track or at the dragstrip.

Ask a few Z06/P-car owners, they will will tell you the same thing. [/B]

Old 12-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough
The Z06 is a fast car no doubt, but there is a lot more to a car than speed. Z06 faster than a GT2 on a real track? That is hysterical. The GT2 holds one of the fastest times on the Nürburgring in stock form. For you Corvette owners, this is a famous track in Germany (it is not in the shape of an oval either).
If you want a cheap way to go fast on the street and can live with the styling and build quality, the Vette is the answer. For its price point, the Z06 puts down some very impressive numbers.
Comparing it to a GT2 in anything but a fun contest of street racing is simply ridiculous. Let's see how well both cars hold up over time. Let's see which car can sustain high triple digit speeds for an extended period. Let's see which car can brake the best repeatedly. Let's see which car can maintain high speed stability better. If the Vette could do all of those things as well as the GT2, its sticker price would be twice of what it is. The Vette is built for a country whose roads aren't meant for high speeds and whose average state speed limits range from 55-75 mph. There are a lot of things it does not have to do, yet it is able to remain marketable to its US customers.

Beer and Champagne will both get you drunk, but which would you rather be drinking.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rundenzeiten.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	22964  
Old 12-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Kev
Kev is infamous around these parts
Great post Josh. I whole-heartedly agree.

The ZO6 is an incredible piece of engineering nevertheless. Dave Hill and the gang did a hell of a job.

Last edited by Kev; 12-12-2005 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
I like Vettes and a ride in a Vette was the funnest "car experience" when I was a kid. I remember that day forever
But I have to comment a little bit, the Z06 is as fast as supercars but it's not the new king IMHO.

Originally posted by Josh
GT2 holds one of the fastest times on the Nürburgring in stock form.
Also remember those times are all done by the same driver, Horst von Saurma. He did 7.46 with GT2 from 2001. The newer model has more power and I believe a new much better suspension, or so the EVO magazine said(?). The track itself has become faster too because they have repaired some sections.

Vette guys can brag about that the Z06 has made 7.42 in GM's own tests or something but when I come to think of it, GM also said the old Dave Hill can do 7.56 at the Ring with C6. This autumn Horst von Saurma of Sport Auto magazine drove the C6 and managed to do only 8.15...and he sure pushed it.

I'm a big fan of the Ring. That's why our family has 2 Porsche's in the garage. A 996 Carrera mk2 and a 996 Turbo. It's the greatest track...

by the way, a must buy for the christmas: http://www.renn.tv/shop/product_info...34&language=en

Last edited by Kaizu; 12-12-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Kaizu

by the way, a must buy for the christmas: http://www.renn.tv/shop/product_info...34&language=en
I just ordered that earlier today. I have the one from last year. Uwe Alzen is awesome.
If any of you guys want to some amazing driving in a really fast car, get this video.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:18 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Josh
The Z06 is a fast car no doubt, but there is a lot more to a car than speed. Z06 faster than a GT2 on a real track? That is hysterical. The GT2 holds one of the fastest times on the Nürburgring in stock form. For you Corvette owners, this is a famous track in Germany (it is not in the shape of an oval either)...
I used to own a Corvette...thanks for the education. Um...ahh...what's an oval? I didn't git that far in skool...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 beats a C6 ZO6