Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT2 beats a C6 ZO6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:01 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
who cares about drag racing
Just about every car magazine out there publishes 1/4 mile times as a reference. Just thought I'd share my experience at the track. This is a very good indicator of how "quick" a car really is. Introduce turns into the equation and its a totally different story.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Roberga
I have never seen a formula car at the drag strip either. They are not built for that activity.
Good point.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:35 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by kem
Stock for stock, I dont doubt the Z06 would beat a GT2, but it was stated it was modded (to what extent who knows), but chip/intake/exhaust (what the GT2 had at the least) yields over 525hp+ & 530tq+, so from a roll to high speeds its no suprise the GT2 won. GT2 is known as a car that does very well at very high speeds.
Even with 525 bhp and 530 tq the GT2 is def. not guaranteed to win. The GT2 won in that race because it was highly modded. You know what it would take to put 8 cars on a car that runs to 150 in 17.5 secs (Which the C6 Z did)?? A LOT of power, and iam not talking about a 550 bhp Porsche.

A C6 Z06 just dynoed at 480 rwhp BONE STOCK on the vet forums, if you would like, I can send you the link.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:43 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Josh
The Z06 is a fast car no doubt, but there is a lot more to a car than speed. Z06 faster than a GT2 on a real track? That is hysterical. The GT2 holds one of the fastest times on the Nürburgring in stock form. For you Corvette owners, this is a famous track in Germany (it is not in the shape of an oval either).
If you want a cheap way to go fast on the street and can live with the styling and build quality, the Vette is the answer. For its price point, the Z06 puts down some very impressive numbers.
Comparing it to a GT2 in anything but a fun contest of street racing is simply ridiculous. Let's see how well both cars hold up over time. Let's see which car can sustain high triple digit speeds for an extended period. Let's see which car can brake the best repeatedly. Let's see which car can maintain high speed stability better. If the Vette could do all of those things as well as the GT2, its sticker price would be twice of what it is. The Vette is built for a country whose roads aren't meant for high speeds and whose average state speed limits range from 55-75 mph. There are a lot of things it does not have to do, yet it is able to remain marketable to its US customers.

Beer and Champagne will both get you drunk, but which would you rather be drinking.
You are kidding, right?

It is just fast in a straight line? Is that why it can outbrake, and out handle a GT2? The car ran 3 secs faster around the ring than a 996 GT2 on the ring YOU are talking about.

And ask any C6 Z owner and they will tell you how the car feels at high speeds. Here is what an owner of an X50 said that drove the C6 Z..."It is the best sports car I have ever driven" and it is one of the forum members on here with a X50.

The new C6 Z's interior is just on par if not better than a 996. I find the interior of a TT ugly, jmo. But who cares, as that is subjective. But when you stick to facts, well, facts are that the C6 Z is quicker/faster than a GT2, out brakes the GT2 and runs the famous Ring 3 secs quicker. Those are facts.

I don't mean to come off as an *** or anything, but some of you guys need to start giving respect where it is due. This car is nothing short of phenomenal. Some of you have not even driven it yet redicule it. Go drive it, then come and tell me what u think (Just like few of the Ferrari guys, the Porsche guys, and the Merc guys that drove it and came back with one in their garage)

Last edited by SCvet00; 12-12-2005 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:47 PM
edit- double post

Old 12-12-2005, 10:59 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
The Z06 is a fast car no doubt, but there is a lot more to a car than speed. Z06 faster than a GT2 on a real track? That is hysterical. The GT2 holds one of the fastest times on the Nürburgring in stock form. For you Corvette owners, this is a famous track in Germany (it is not in the shape of an oval either).
If you want a cheap way to go fast on the street and can live with the styling and build quality, the Vette is the answer. For its price point, the Z06 puts down some very impressive numbers.
Comparing it to a GT2 in anything but a fun contest of street racing is simply ridiculous. Let's see how well both cars hold up over time. Let's see which car can sustain high triple digit speeds for an extended period. Let's see which car can brake the best repeatedly. Let's see which car can maintain high speed stability better. If the Vette could do all of those things as well as the GT2, its sticker price would be twice of what it is. The Vette is built for a country whose roads aren't meant for high speeds and whose average state speed limits range from 55-75 mph. There are a lot of things it does not have to do, yet it is able to remain marketable to its US customers.

Beer and Champagne will both get you drunk, but which would you rather be drinking.

There is no doubt the GT2 is the better all around car, but that's not what we are debating. The GT2 has 100K worth of engineering added to it But the vette can and will hold up.

and a good read for you:

interesting

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?p=939436

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 12-12-2005 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:09 PM
bking is infamous around these parts
I live in Vegas, but can't help you with the identity of the GT 2. Can anyone help me with the location of this Starbucks that attracts high end cars? and when? Thanks.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:14 AM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
It is all about driver.
Agreed. I beat a C6 Z06 in my E46 ///M3 by 2 door lengths, not sure about the actual length - hit close to 120mph though...this was almost 2 years ago with 3 witnesses...it's all about the driver.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:31 AM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
For its price point, the Z06 puts down some very impressive numbers.
Comparing it to a GT2 in anything but a fun contest of street racing is simply ridiculous.
Great post Josh. Agree with everything you said ... except the price on the Z06. It should have probably been closer to $5K .. about what the metal is worth after they melt and recycle it.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:39 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by bumble996
Agreed. I beat a C6 Z06 in my E46 ///M3 by 2 door lengths, not sure about the actual length - hit close to 120mph though...this was almost 2 years ago with 3 witnesses...it's all about the driver.
watch out albert it's C5. u might just created a new internet war!

Old 12-13-2005, 09:44 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by 20C4S
watch out albert it's C5. u might just created a new internet war!
Heheh...I was hoping war would break out before someone would correct him!

Old 12-13-2005, 09:45 AM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
Totally bogus time made with a pre-production [ringer] car...

Old 12-13-2005, 10:47 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by MetalSolid
Totally bogus time made with a pre-production [ringer] car...
got any proof of this? People keep claiming it's bogus and was a "ringer" yet no one has proved either are true. Only proof I have is GM and all the mags saying it was a production car and the times are legit. Who knows, still waiting for one of the european mags to do a run in it at the ring

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 12-13-2005 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:47 AM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by SCvet00

I don't mean to come off as an *** or anything
best advice i can give is to stop acting like an *** and then the problem should clear up pretty quickly.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by fasteddiett
best advice i can give is to stop acting like an *** and then the problem should clear up pretty quickly.
And the best advice I can give to some is to stop posting rediculous, ignorant comments that way I don't have to be an *** and therefore "Problems should clear up pretty quickly".

Oh, and if I am an *** for sticking with facts, then, what can I say, I am an ***..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 beats a C6 ZO6