Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT2 beats a C6 ZO6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 01:40 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
any info on your 3.8L 993???

Old 12-20-2005, 04:17 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Lets see how do I begin well ....complete rebuilt using #3.8 L Mahle P&C, Evo GT2 cam, GT3RS crankshaft and oil pump, special custom 997TT with ZC and ceramic coated turbos with ECU. 600rwhp and 800Nn torque. Thanks for asking.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:18 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
yum, i will build a 3.8 or 4.3L 993TT one day

Old 12-20-2005, 04:26 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely difficult to get your hand on a set of Mahle 993TT 102mm P&C.
My 993tt set up makes a 996TT X50 looks like a C4.

Last edited by vincentdds; 12-20-2005 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:55 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
vincentdds,

Who built the motor? Was this an Andial job?

Greg A

Old 12-21-2005, 12:02 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
I don't understand these threads. The ZO6 is awsome but we (owners here) like our cars more, isn't that enough. People get so defensive about Turbos and GT2s, but anybody here could trade their cars in tomorro for a ZO6 and everyone with an '02 or newer would have change left over. Do I love the Z06? No. Is it an AWSOME car and much faster car then my Turbo? Of course. I don't care though, I'm glad if I have no money to spend on cars any more I can trade in the Turbo and get a fast car for cheap! (just kidding around guys I know 70k is a huge chunk of change)

I'm disappointed that Porsche owners have made some of the comments in this thread, you guys should really buy Z06s before you hurt our reputations any more....

Old 12-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Jeebus is infamous around these parts
Wow a lot of these prosche owner must not have been paying attention to Le Mans racing the last few years lol

Old 12-23-2005, 07:25 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Jeebus
Wow a lot of these prosche owner must not have been paying attention to Le Mans racing the last few years lol
Why do you assume that? Is it because Porsche doesnt have cars in the GT2 class but does in the GT3 where they are victorious? How many times has the Vette won the Le Mans? I seriously dont know how many times but it's record cant even touch that of Porsche and the vette's been around more than the 911 series.
Probabky has something to do that they were built on diff. designs, where the Porsche was made according to one mans dream and the vette according to demographics and the land they were designed to run in where the highway speed limit was never more than 75mph.
It isnt until the C5 version that the Corvette started to evolve and get into the sports car category (with the exception of the muscle car era).
When the USA was worried about being PC and giving us the C4 version the rest of the sports car world still made sports cars that had power, poise, and speed. So me buying and loving my Porsche goes way beyond the fact the dream of actually getting my GT2 it comes from respect and a lifelong dream of having a car that has since its introduction continued to awe the world with its brand.
I dont care if the Z06 is faster than my GT2 honestly it doesnt matter to me.
My car is what I want it to be and no $85k Chevy will ever change that.
Have they come a long way? Sure they have good for them, way more to go to catch up at the Porsche brand is my thinking. There are a lot of cars that you can buy and mod to beat the Vette at the drag strip and the race course for way under its price, in todays world anything is possible.
So being that I am on a Porsche forum and "defending" as many like to call it my brand, that is OK with me, I dont go to the Vette forums and preach about my car as that would be childish to me.

Oh yeah and to all a very merry x-mas may Santa bring everyone plenty of Mods.

Old 12-23-2005, 07:48 PM
O4 GT3
Vader13 has a spectacular aura aboutVader13 has a spectacular aura about
ZINGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 12-24-2005, 11:34 AM
JETJOX is infamous around these parts
The new z06 is quite a bargin for the $ though. My friend, also a Porsche owner, bought one and is modding it. It dynoed stock 476rwhp and after a header, x-pipe,and exhaust made 501rwhp. A camshaft change has now been proven to pick up to 550+ to the ground. I guess this thing is really in a detuned state?

Joe

Old 12-24-2005, 11:37 AM
JETJOX is infamous around these parts
PORSCHE WILL ALWAYS BE MY NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!

Old 12-24-2005, 12:50 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
Im trading my gt2 in on a z06 this afternoon......

Old 12-24-2005, 01:14 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by fasteddiett
Im trading my gt2 in on a z06 this afternoon......

NEVER!!!!!

Old 12-24-2005, 01:30 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
GT2

Damn, I was ready to take it off your hands....

Old 12-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Rolo is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by BBGT2
Why do you assume that? Is it because Porsche doesnt have cars in the GT2 class but does in the GT3 where they are victorious? How many times has the Vette won the Le Mans? I seriously dont know how many times but it's record cant even touch that of Porsche and the vette's been around more than the 911 series.
Probabky has something to do that they were built on diff. designs, where the Porsche was made according to one mans dream and the vette according to demographics and the land they were designed to run in where the highway speed limit was never more than 75mph.
It isnt until the C5 version that the Corvette started to evolve and get into the sports car category (with the exception of the muscle car era).
When the USA was worried about being PC and giving us the C4 version the rest of the sports car world still made sports cars that had power, poise, and speed. So me buying and loving my Porsche goes way beyond the fact the dream of actually getting my GT2 it comes from respect and a lifelong dream of having a car that has since its introduction continued to awe the world with its brand.
I dont care if the Z06 is faster than my GT2 honestly it doesnt matter to me.
My car is what I want it to be and no $85k Chevy will ever change that.
Have they come a long way? Sure they have good for them, way more to go to catch up at the Porsche brand is my thinking. There are a lot of cars that you can buy and mod to beat the Vette at the drag strip and the race course for way under its price, in todays world anything is possible.
So being that I am on a Porsche forum and "defending" as many like to call it my brand, that is OK with me, I dont go to the Vette forums and preach about my car as that would be childish to me.

Oh yeah and to all a very merry x-mas may Santa bring everyone plenty of Mods.

Well said, people who love their vettes , just love vettes. I don't, never have, never will, I have always , even as a young boy loved Porsche's. When my young friends were panting over Lambo's and F Cars, it was nothing but Porsche for me. I have the car I want. And no other sports car can scratch that itch.

Don't get me wrong. The new vette is a bold and huge step forward, , and I admire Lambo's and Ferrari's as the beauties they are. They just arent' for me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 beats a C6 ZO6