Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

911 Turbo s to GT3 RS Opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 07:46 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
911 Turbo s to GT3 RS Opinion

I currently have a 2014 TTS with the GIAC Tune and GMG exhaust. It's a monster!!! Thinking of trading for a GT3 RS. The main reason, I'd like to buy cars that appreciate. Never drove the RS, but I know that it's a much more visceral experience. I always felt that way when I drove my 458. All that being said, I absolutely love my TTS. Thoughts???

Old 02-25-2016, 12:45 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Keep the TTS and buy the RS? Have you driven an RS?

Old 02-25-2016, 02:49 PM
JesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud of
I went from 991TT to 991GT3 and am very happy with the swap. My 991TT was tuned/intake/exhaust and was a missile in a straight line but the GT3 is so much more fun to drive in every other aspect.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:04 PM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
If you are looking for something that will retain it's value better, then the RS would be a good choice. Differences in straight line acceleration notable, and then you also have the linear acceleration of the RS vs. the TTS power surge - what suits your driving style the best?

Cheers,

Old 02-26-2016, 10:44 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
If I were you, I'd go for RS in a heartbeat. Rewarding, both with most powerful 991 NA engine and resale appreciation / collector appeal

Old 02-27-2016, 10:43 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Do you have the ability to get one? There are no new allocations, and ones that are available are all listed for $100k or more over MSRP. If you know of one at MSRP.....grab it!

Old 02-27-2016, 01:47 PM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
IMO, the turbo is more useable on the street in that you can enjoy the bonkers acceleration safely. You can't get anywhere near the limit of an RS on the street without putting yourself at considerable risk. If I lived near a fun track I probably would have bought a GT3. But for resale, obviously the RS car wins all day, assuming you don't pay crazy money for it. I'd have both if I could afford it for sure

Last edited by NBoost; 02-27-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:13 PM
juanpablo046 is infamous around these partsjuanpablo046 is infamous around these partsjuanpablo046 is infamous around these parts
I still haven't got my hands on an RS, but can give you a tip after driving the 997s, 991 turbo and 991 GT3. Whatever you experienced or heard about the gap in comfort between a Turbo and a GT3 in 997s is FAR less in 991s. You can definetly live with the ride, just consider if You can live with just rwd and just 2 seats

Old 03-06-2016, 10:50 AM
reacher is infamous around these parts
It's a great car if you can get one for a reasonable price, which seems extremely unlikely at this point. I had a 997TT with GIAC tune and GMG exhaust and traded if for a 991GT3 (also with GMG exhaust now). The GT3 is a lot of fun and I definitely prefer it over the 997TT by a wide margin. I haven't tried a 991TT so I can't compare, but the 991GT3 and RS are amazing cars and I highly doubt you'd miss anything from the TT once you get used to having less torque.

Like someone else said it is also very comfortable. Definitely comfortable enough and has enough creature comforts to daily drive. The only caveats would be low ride height (you HAVE to get the front lift, it's not an option it's a must have), track tires + RWD makes it not great in the rain, lack of rear seats (kind of a bummer that I can't take my kids in it any more), and the PDK is just no good in auto mode. It sounds like it's full of rocks and it's extremely jerky in auto mode if you try to drive it in traffic. In manual mode it's much better, and obviously also more fun.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:06 PM
thxbuff2001 is infamous around these parts
They are two different cars. If you are thinking about a 991 RS, IMO, not a good time to buy. If you are thinking about a 997, IMO, prices are up.
If you do not track, I would keep the TT. That thing is a rocket!

Old 05-04-2016, 01:38 PM
dave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nice
I've had both. My 997.2 Turbo was my daily driver since it was new. Drove it everyday for 42000 miles and enjoyed every day. Sold it and later bought my 997.2 GT3RS. Test drove it and after about 1/2 mile looked at the salesman and said, "i'll take it". I've owned oner 20 different Porsches and hands down the GT3RS is the best driving car of the bunch!!!

Old 05-07-2016, 07:37 PM
jlee504 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
They are two different cars. If you are thinking about a 991 RS, IMO, not a good time to buy. If you are thinking about a 997, IMO, prices are up.
If you do not track, I would keep the TT. That thing is a rocket!
I agree. If you aren't tracking it you can't beat beat a 991 tt. I have one and a gt3 I love the gt3 feels way different than my turbo as visceral as you would expect. But I'm trading that in for an RS I'm caught in the "I just want one" emotion.

I will likely never trade my TTS in until next gen. I've already lost 30% in value, at this point I'll keep that and trade the cars that haven't depreciated.

Jeff

Old 05-08-2016, 06:51 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
I have a friend who traded a 991 TTS for a 991 GT3RS and despised it. He said the ride was just punishing and his kidneys hurt after driving it for more than a short while. He is dumping it for a 488. Of course my friend lives in the New York City area with its lousy, rough roads. Might be better in California where you are.

Of course if the game is resale the TTS's value drops like a stone whereas if lightly driven the GT3RS is only likely to appreciate in value.

They are so different. The GT3RS is much lower to the ground with very little ground clearance which can affect daily drivability. But if you track you car a lot then that doesn't matter as no one disputes that the GT3RS is a track monster.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:09 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a mod freak. There's nothing to mod on the GT3/GT3RS. I got bored of my old 7.2GT3 fast and I'm loving the TS.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:16 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
You'll love the GT3. It is not as fast in a straight line, but not very far behind. On the street it's stiff, but nothing like past generations. I'm taking mine on a 1600 mile road trip next month with no worries on comfort.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 911 Turbo s to GT3 RS Opinion