Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

carrera gt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 10:02 AM
RufTurbo is infamous around these parts
carrera gt

does anyone know if there is a way to get more power from the carrera gt?

i've seen a dealer with one for $395,000 500 miles. any thoughts about price in a year when there are more cars for resale?

thanks!

austin

Old 12-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
I know FVD offers an ECU program. I am not sure what the claimed HP increase is.

Cargraphic has an exhuast +12HP here are some pics

Attached Images  
Old 12-30-2005, 10:28 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
CGT

I've been hearing of low milage 04's in the mid 300's and new 05's in the 390K area. Many dealers with new cars will easily knock 50K off list. The web threads on this topic seem to indicate that the prices will continue to drop and are not sure when it will end. Some speculate south of 300K but who knows?
Obviously, reduced warrantee life and new car availability will become factors as time passes. Timing is key. Good luck.

Last edited by NelsonF; 12-30-2005 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Banned
renntech36 is infamous around these partsrenntech36 is infamous around these parts
any sound clips???????? i would love to hear it for our CGT. Also, how much?

Old 12-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
If you want more power, get on the list for the RUF R50...

Old 12-30-2005, 12:04 PM
Croatian Sensation
brab is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Erik
If you want more power, get on the list for the RUF R50...
That is one UGLY car....

Old 12-30-2005, 12:11 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
If you are in the USA, 2006 will be the last year for CGTs. I imagine for that reason they will hold value well.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by renntech36
any sound clips???????? i would love to hear it for our CGT. Also, how much?
I will have a sound clip second week in January as one is being installed by one of our California dealers.

Our offices are closed this week so I would have to get to the office on Tuesday and check the price .. I believe it was somewhere around $7500.00

Old 12-30-2005, 02:32 PM
DrJim is infamous around these parts
CGT prices will fall until all the built cars are in the hands of owners who will hold onto them. Many of them are still with first-timers who won't such as dealers, resellers and fickle owners with lots of cash. How long that takes is anybody's guess. I doubt anyone is paying even close to sticker anymore. It's sad but this experiment was/is a failure. As great a car as the CGT might be, it couldn't sustain "normal" MSRP or vicinity sales for very long. Porsche claims production is halted due to some crash standard change but I have to wonder. Many of us admire the CGT and would love to have one but at what cost? 300K is still a lot of scratch and most people won't tie that much money up in a car to sit or drive. My guess is it falls below 300 in a year.

Old 12-30-2005, 02:42 PM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
Another factor to consider. In the days of the 80s supercars (959, F40 etc.), the cars were at a level of performance w-a-a-y above any other cars you could buy. Also, there wasn't nearly as much of an aftermarket like there is today.

I know there are aspects of CGT ownership that can't be replicated, but at 60k for a used 996TT, and 50k in upgrades, I can have a car that will hang pretty well with a CGT/Enzo etc. straight line, twisties, track, whatever.

On the street, stock for stock, the CGT will walk, but not run, away from a Viper or a ZO6 (hell, even the new Shelby Mustang)

It's not the same, but it's close enough that the CGT driver shouldn't feel unchallenged on the road like the 959 driver did. I think that robs some of the untouchability of these cars, and will hurt their long-term value.

I still love the CGT, and the sound and technology are amazing, but in terms of performance, the differences are incremental to what's available already.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:08 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Thanks HZ, yea the ECU upgrade yields 38HP

Mark had mentioned he had the exhaust coming for that car out there, he is working on getting the programing and filter from us as well, will be cool to see what kind of power that car makes with the 3 parts!
Evan

Old 12-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Brad Roberts is infamous around these parts
Soo.. it appears we will have the option of controlling sound?

Looks like a stock muffler to me that has been hacked in to.

True?

B

Attached Images  
Old 12-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Brad Roberts is infamous around these parts
Stock (sorry.. didnt have a real picture)

B

Attached Images  
Old 12-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by PMac
I still love the CGT, and the sound and technology are amazing, but in terms of performance, the differences are incremental to what's available already.
Having seen a CGT being thrown around on the track, I can assure you that a well-driven CGT will flat-out destroy just about every road car out there.

If you think $50K worth of mods on a 996TT can match the performance of a 996 GT3 Cup car on slicks, then you may have a point. On a track day this year at Spring Mountain (a relatively tight track), the Cup car was the only car among various GT3's, 2's, etc. that was faster than the CGT, and it wasn't by much. I can assure you that most of these heavily modded Turbos are no where close to that level.

Same goes for Z06's, Vipers, etc. etc. except the racing versions like the C6-R or the former GTS-class Viper race cars.

Don't let numbers fool you... actual driving dynamics are a different thing altogether.

Old 12-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
There is a black one on the floor at Hoehn Porsche in Carlsbad that has been there for a little while. I do not know the story on the car though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: carrera gt