Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

SVT Lightning vs. Carrera GT....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 12:06 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Bringing up the accident scenerios reminds me of an incident a couple years ago on interstate 94 near chicago. It was close to winter and wet/cold out and I was in my awd BMW at the time and a transam pulled up next to me and stepped on it luring me to a highway run. I was on the cell-phone with work and ignored him at the time and did not think anything of it. However, about 3 minutes up the road his WS6 was in smashed into the median with him standing outside looking at the wreck like a clown. Which again proves that there are too many non-talented drivers with big hp that thing they own the streets.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:14 AM
motorsportnick is infamous around these parts
I don't really see where the "race" was, the cgt isnt a drag car, you need a really good driver to be able to launch right and shift properly when your doing that, the lightning just had to floor it and go, I mean, seriously you can't base anything off that video. My old workplace built a 696whp civic that ran 9.9 1/4mile, it was stupid, straight line b.s. blah blah blah blah. I can't stand the people who are going to try and discredit the cgt because it gets smoked in a short drag race. Do a real race, one where car balance, and driver are taken into account as well, not just power.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:32 AM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
Originally posted by motorsportnick
I don't really see where the "race" was, the cgt isnt a drag car, you need a really good driver to be able to launch right and shift properly when your doing that, the lightning just had to floor it and go, I mean, seriously you can't base anything off that video. My old workplace built a 696whp civic that ran 9.9 1/4mile, it was stupid, straight line b.s. blah blah blah blah. I can't stand the people who are going to try and discredit the cgt because it gets smoked in a short drag race. Do a real race, one where car balance, and driver are taken into account as well, not just power.
I dont think anybody would disagree with that but I think the point is to show how fast the truck is. Its only an example of acceleration and it really is fast. That in itself doesnt discredit the CGT in any way.

You can make a boulder go fast if you had enough solid rocket boosters and duct tape.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:11 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
i also wonder how they would have ended up in a couple extra seconds. The aerodynamics would have slowed the truck down at higher speeds and the CGT would have pulled HARD

Old 01-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
I can make a Ford Maverick go quick straight down the road too

Old 01-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Cerberus is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by BOYRACER
i also wonder how they would have ended up in a couple extra seconds. The aerodynamics would have slowed the truck down at higher speeds and the CGT would have pulled HARD
I agree.

After the quarter mile (speeds over 130), the CGT would likely have ripped away from the truck. Of course the CGT owner would need to have the ***** to keep the pedal to the floor to bury the truck. On the otherhand, the Ford truck driver probably would have stayed into it until his motor popped or the panels started falling off his truck at speed.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Banned
Red Comet is infamous around these parts
Y'all are trying awfully hard to convince yourselves that a $440,000 hypercar developed to win Le Mans is better than a $35k pickup truck.

It's a given.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
My dad's Harley Truck sounds just like that. I love it! Its fast as *****

Old 01-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
That was a pretty cool and fast truck. I got the point.

We've seen videos of fast 'stangs, trucks, ricers, etc.

Isn't it ok that these guys buy the cars that they can afford and get the mod disease like the rest of us? I'm sure that the guy in the truck would give his left ******** to have a CGT. Hell, I would.

In the end, we are all car guys. Each of us is excited about "our ride".

Old 01-08-2006, 05:37 PM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
I own 2 Porsche's, but I also own a Lightning. The CGT is the ultimate.....but you gotta had it to a "truck" like the Lightning. If you dont have respect for the Ford you are NOT a true car enthuiest.

Old 01-08-2006, 05:52 PM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
I'm not quite that proud.
Nice "L" Ken. Mine is an 03 Sonic Blue.