Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Quicker way to kill myself?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
Quicker way to kill myself?

What does the 410 Manthey (sp) Power kit consist of, and how does it affect the warranty. Just curious. My car has more power than I can handle anyway. I scared myself yesterday on the freeway passing two trucks and making a lane change.
Does the kit negatively affect in-town and slow traffic driving.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Gt3

I'd like to learn the same. Rennworx in SoCal, the dealer for Manthey in the area offered to drive his but I have not had the chance yet. I believe
they change header, exhaust system, air filter and ecu mod. They show a dyno curve on their site www.rennworx.com . Has anyone else done something similar?

Old 02-01-2006, 10:20 AM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Doctor K
What does the 410 Manthey (sp) Power kit consist of, and how does it affect the warranty. Just curious. My car has more power than I can handle anyway. I scared myself yesterday on the freeway passing two trucks and making a lane change.
Does the kit negatively affect in-town and slow traffic driving.
Hey Doc, you may have just answered your own question. It may be a little early to add power to an already powerful machine. You must respect that power or you will definetly get in over your head. It is about managing that right foot anyway. Good luck with your decision...

Last edited by SmoothCab; 02-01-2006 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:09 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SmoothCab
Hey Doc, you may have just answered your own question. It may be a little early to add power to an already powerful machine. You must respect that power or you will definetly get in our your head. It is about managing that right foot anyway. Good luck with your decision...
Yea seriously, that's such an oxymoron lol, but hey its your car and your money, do w/e you want obviously.

Listen if you arent comfortable witht he power and the car now, why mod it, so you can say wow im scared to drive it? That's not what having fun in a car is all about

Old 02-01-2006, 12:34 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Mine has the 410 kit. It has everything from the heads back-exhaust
headers, racing cats, mufflers and tips including the ECU. I dont know if it affects the warranty. I have all the stock stuff if I need it. It passed Ca smog with it.

Actually I dont think it comes with the ECU -the former owner bought it just in case he wanted to go all the way back to stock with out
reprogramming and losing his Manthey program.

A buddy of mine has a CUP car and he said mine was stronger. I dont know. I dont think you'll get hurt by it -its still not as strong as a GT2.

Old 02-01-2006, 01:19 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Some people getting mods cause they're bored other get it cause they need it.

Old 02-01-2006, 01:29 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Some people getting mods cause they're bored other get it cause they need it.
Im in that need category dammit

Old 02-01-2006, 01:52 PM
I probably need to drive the car a lot more, and get in some DEs before I even think about additional HP. The more I drive this car the more in love I become. The car had sat for a considerable period of time and needed driving. I've seen improvement in the 250 miles I've put on it.
This car is my idea of what a Porsche should be..excellence is expected, and given.

Old 02-01-2006, 02:27 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
your warranty will only be voided if they can PROVE your mods were the source of a problem

Old 02-01-2006, 02:38 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Im in that need category dammit

Martin

You cracked me up

Old 02-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Martin

You cracked me up
LOL you can relate, that's why

Old 02-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Demented modaholics that's all.

Old 02-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Demented modaholics that's all.
LOLLLLLL tell me about it.. I need some zero clearance k24 hybrids, sick ecu tune and more mods NOW

Old 02-01-2006, 03:43 PM
O4 GT3
Vader13 has a spectacular aura aboutVader13 has a spectacular aura about
Get used to the car, then ad a chip, get used to that, ad exhaust.
Have you set the car lower and done the aligment, that helps alot too.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Car has been lowered to ROW height, but no alignment done. The car follows slight furrows (rain groves), and definitely wants to follow the slightly raised berm when exiting a freeway/highway (shoulder).
I'm having an oil change, adding Fabspeed mufflers, and an alignment next week.. salesman told me the car does not have the GT3 alignment, and the car is darty at times.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Quicker way to kill myself?