Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

car got egged hard, paint damage, Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 03:43 PM
harvs is infamous around these parts
Angry car got egged hard, paint damage, Help!

Car got egged (two eggs) while parked at the girl's house in cerritos. At first I thought no big deal, it needs a wash anyways. After washing it, I realized the impact was so hard it cracked the clear coat off!!

Anybody have this happen too? Can a body shop fix this without repainting the entire panels? Any suggestions in Orange County?

Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2006, 03:54 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
wow that sucks. hard to see in the picture but i'd say if the paint is damaged beyond color sanding & buffing u'll have to paint the whole panel.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Stupid bastards. Good luck with the paint work.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:55 PM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
You should PM Moe Mistry or Hot Rod Guy. Sorry to see that. Some people should be hung in a tall tree.

Old 02-12-2006, 05:07 PM
O4 GT3
Vader13 has a spectacular aura aboutVader13 has a spectacular aura about
omg that sucks..call mo

Old 02-12-2006, 05:11 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
I can't imagine that an egg would "crack" the clear coat off. It's impossible to tell what I am seeing in the picture but I would imagine that the hard shell scratched the clear coat. Even if I threw an egg as hard as I could at a car, I bet it would be impossible to scratch a car down to the primer. A professional should be able to rub out the area with ease. I wouldn't sweat it.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:39 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
such a crime deserves the death penality.... good luck getting it fixed and hope won't be too much hassel.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:53 AM
raygr is infamous around these parts
I've had my cars egged a few times. Those little circular scratches are from the shell. They can't be buffed out, in my experience, but you can reduce them somewhat. Make sure you clean off the egg whites from the paint too, because that will eat into the paint eventually, causing a rough surface. That happened on one of my cars.

Sorry to see this happen. Probably some kids that thought it was funny.

Old 02-13-2006, 06:20 AM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
Had that happen too, not with a Porsche though. I finally had to repaint the fender as the egg had been on the car overnight. Possibly a random event, possibly a jealous ex-boyfriend. Really doesn't matter....the damage is done. Good luck.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:06 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
I can't imagine that an egg would "crack" the clear coat off. It's impossible to tell what I am seeing in the picture but I would imagine that the hard shell scratched the clear coat. Even if I threw an egg as hard as I could at a car, I bet it would be impossible to scratch a car down to the primer. A professional should be able to rub out the area with ease. I wouldn't sweat it.

it does, i've had my cars egged a few times, definately can crack through the clear and even down to the metal. You will most likely need to repaint that area.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:28 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
This sucks! What kind of wax / polish do you have on your paint? I use Zaino and I wonder if that would help a little. When I park outside, I use a car cover especially overnight. I'd suggest you get one soon. Your insurance should cover any repaint work costs. You may want to lower your deductible to 200 before you file a claim

Old 02-14-2006, 10:16 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
the type of product on the car would not make a difference

Old 02-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Me2stoned has a brilliant futureMe2stoned has a brilliant futureMe2stoned has a brilliant futureMe2stoned has a brilliant futureMe2stoned has a brilliant futureMe2stoned has a brilliant futureMe2stoned has a brilliant futureMe2stoned has a brilliant futureMe2stoned has a brilliant futureMe2stoned has a brilliant futureMe2stoned has a brilliant future
what idiot would do such a thing...
never seen that over here, must be some jealous poeple.
anyway good luck fixing this.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Me2stoned
what idiot would do such a thing...
never seen that over here, must be some jealous poeple.
anyway good luck fixing this.
I slept w/ an old girlfriends best friend, then beat up some kids who were to scared to confront me face to face

Old 02-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
Needs to be repainted. My car looked very similar to your pictures. Basically circular "cracks" in the paint at the impact area. You will not be able to buff them out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: car got egged hard, paint damage, Help!