Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

So, how much value did I just lose on my CGT in light of the 997TT Numbers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Banned
deeroff is infamous around these parts
So, how much value did I just lose on my CGT in light of the 997TT Numbers?

There goes the neighborhood! Good thing I ain't sellin'!!

Old 02-15-2006, 10:33 PM
MarsMan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deeroff
There goes the neighborhood! Good thing I ain't sellin'!!
Nothing! How much value did you lose from the Z06 numbers?

Old 02-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
Or the fact that when the 430 came out, it posted some very strong 0-60 & 1/4 mile #'s, but it didn't affect the Enzo at all. People who will want the GT will get it, irrespective of what another car in the line does.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:33 AM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
None, due to that. A lot just because.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:46 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
New '05 with 24 miles can be had for 380k...only getting cheaper right now...Quite a few for sale in Auto Trader.

Hell of a car, and one worth having...I have a feeling the prices have yet to stabilize so patience is the key

Old 02-16-2006, 05:57 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
The new Ferrari 599 has faster shift times than the Enzo. Technology moves on, but that doesn't lessen the value of the cars. They are unique for what they represent in the time when they were made. I suspect the Turbos and GT2s to come will eventually outperform the GT.

Old 02-16-2006, 06:26 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
the CGT is a bargain at its price as it is. If you forget about the magazine 0-60 1/4 mile times and take it for being an exotic supercar with some of the greatest technology around it is a huge bargain. Its competetion(Enzo, Saleen S7, Zonda etc) are all much more expensive and I would take the CGT over all of them(a zonda might make me think but probably not for too long haha).

Old 02-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
Apples to oranges imo. I think even if they had the same accelertion times the CGT would not lose value because of it.

Old 02-17-2006, 03:50 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Drive it and enjoy it.

Old 02-17-2006, 06:11 PM
CarreraGtRacer is infamous around these parts
It's mind boggling to see what times the new GT2 will put up given the times of the Turbo.

Old 02-19-2006, 02:16 PM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
Here's a reason why the CGT prices *might be* falling......

this one:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2515

only came with a 6-cylinder Engine!

Old 02-19-2006, 10:49 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Who gives a **** what the prices are doing or going to do. If you are Matt, Arling, or any other of the brothers that can afford such a piece of art, you purchase this piece as a trophy of your successes, not for resale. If you can afford it let the prices go where they are going to go and just enjoy the fact that 99.9% of us can't afford it anyway. Sounds like alot of envy to me. I personnally respect every person that purchases that work of art and admire them for what they have accomplished. Just my .02 cents worth!!!!

Old 02-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by SmoothCab
Who gives a **** what the prices are doing or going to do. If you are Matt, Arling, or any other of the brothers that can afford such a piece of art, you purchase this piece as a trophy of your successes, not for resale. If you can afford it let the prices go where they are going to go and just enjoy the fact that 99.9% of us can't afford it anyway. Sounds like alot of envy to me. I personnally respect every person that purchases that work of art and admire them for what they have accomplished. Just my .02 cents worth!!!!
Envy? Uh, no, I Love my CGT - I am just shocked by the performance of the new 997 TT and was trying to be provocative as I am not interested in selling now or down the line.

Old 02-19-2006, 11:54 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deeroff
Envy? Uh, no, I Love my CGT - I am just shocked by the performance of the new 997 TT and was trying to be provocative as I am not interested in selling now or down the line.
Interesting, Had you maybe thought that the comment was not directly at you!!! I guess not, so let me be clear, since you own a CGt. Most of us look up to you gentlemen that can afford this beautiful machine. Why would you even give a rats *** what a 997TT does, it is not even in the same sentence as a CGT>

Old 02-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by SmoothCab
Interesting, Had you maybe thought that the comment was not directly at you!!! I guess not, so let me be clear, since you own a CGt. Most of us look up to you gentlemen that can afford this beautiful machine. Why would you even give a rats *** what a 997TT does, it is not even in the same sentence as a CGT>
Agreed, tho I want to make it clear that I don't enjoy the fact that 99.9% of the others cannot afford a CGT -

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So, how much value did I just lose on my CGT in light of the 997TT Numbers?