Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Vid: CGT vs GT3 vs Vette

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 07:57 PM
petert is infamous around these parts
Vid: CGT vs GT3 vs Vette

I heard this was all special effects. Nothing you see here is real!

http://trapster.net/videos/pulls-d.html
http://trapster.net/videos/pulls-f.html

Old 03-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Dave@EFI is infamous around these partsDave@EFI is infamous around these parts
Cool vid. I'm suprised that GT3 pulled like that.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:54 PM
deanger is infamous around these parts
Perfect example of why I never pay attention to most people's reports of "kills of other cars" -- I can imagine the guy in the c6 watching the CGT pull on him in clip #1 and thinking -- gee, that's not that fast. Then you see a more appropriate use of gears in clip #2...

Old 03-03-2006, 09:51 PM
DaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the rough
Christ that CGT pulls like a *****! Vette is no slouch either I might add.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:07 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DaveH
Christ that CGT pulls like a *****! Vette is no slouch either I might add.
yea, I was suprised at how well the car held up considering the heavier weight and 200 HP deficit

Old 03-03-2006, 10:42 PM
TechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Boy it is a beautiful thing to watch that CGT pull like a freight train!

-Markus-

Old 03-03-2006, 10:49 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
good vid!

now if only it was a Z06, it would have been even more interesting!

Old 03-03-2006, 10:58 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hesperus
good vid!

now if only it was a Z06, it would have been even more interesting!
Agreed with that, GT3 pulled pretty damm hard also!

Old 03-03-2006, 11:22 PM
P1 911
Kevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of light
I also have to agree about the GT3, that thing pulled AWEFULLY HARD on the C6! (to the point where I would even say it perhaps jumped the gun on the vette a little) ....I wouldn't think a GT3 can pull a 6L V8 THAT easily on the highway...??

--- Kevin

Old 03-03-2006, 11:34 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kevin D
I also have to agree about the GT3, that thing pulled AWEFULLY HARD on the C6! (to the point where I would even say it perhaps jumped the gun on the vette a little) ....I wouldn't think a GT3 can pull a 6L V8 THAT easily on the highway...??

--- Kevin
People really sleep on GT3's despite the HP and TQ ratings, i was surprised as well but now thinking about it, i believe it!

Old 03-04-2006, 01:07 AM
O4 GT3
Vader13 has a spectacular aura aboutVader13 has a spectacular aura about
I like how his V1 is going off....

Old 03-04-2006, 01:26 AM
variable is infamous around these parts
wow computer graphics can look so real these days...
I'm most impressed by the GT3.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Bill S. is infamous around these parts
The 911 series has great potential as Ruf and others have discovered. Maybe even more than the CGT with the current CGT body design.

Check out the latest Road & Track magazine where they compared the CGT to the 911 GT3 RSR race car. The GT3 RSR was a full 9 seconds faster on a 10-turn 1.5-mile course. It also accelerated and braked the same. That's because it has 455 bhp with 2420 pounds and racing slicks. R&T pointed out that the rear-engine RSR could carry more speed into the turns and you could get onto the throttle earlier when exiting.

However, they did point out that if you lowered the CGT, put slicks on it, and set-up the chassis for racing, it might give the GT3 RSR a serious fight on a bigger track.

BTW, the GT3 RSR won the 12 Hours of Sebring, the 24 Hours or Le Mans, Petit Le Mans and last year's ALMS GT2 championship.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:07 AM
P1 911
Kevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of light
I know how much potential the 996 chassis has. But Dyam! That stock GT3 practically left the C6 as hard as the CGT did in the CGT's first run against the vette. I know the GT3 is faster straight line than the base C6 but damn...THAT much faster?? (i really do think it was slightly exaggerated by the GT3 driver getting a "jump" on the vette driver or something...but I'm open to suggestions)

--- Kevin

Old 03-04-2006, 11:29 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill S.
The 911 series has great potential as Ruf and others have discovered. Maybe even more than the CGT with the current CGT body design.

Check out the latest Road & Track magazine where they compared the CGT to the 911 GT3 RSR race car. The GT3 RSR was a full 9 seconds faster on a 10-turn 1.5-mile course. It also accelerated and braked the same. That's because it has 455 bhp with 2420 pounds and racing slicks. R&T pointed out that the rear-engine RSR could carry more speed into the turns and you could get onto the throttle earlier when exiting.

However, they did point out that if you lowered the CGT, put slicks on it, and set-up the chassis for racing, it might give the GT3 RSR a serious fight on a bigger track.

BTW, the GT3 RSR won the 12 Hours of Sebring, the 24 Hours or Le Mans, Petit Le Mans and last year's ALMS GT2 championship.
They also forgot to mention that the CGT is a stock factory car with a full 4yr/48k mile warranty that runs on pump gas that you can drive every day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vid: CGT vs GT3 vs Vette