Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Harness suggestions for Gt3 seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 10:03 PM
kennasbimmer is infamous around these parts
Harness suggestions for Gt3 seat

I just purchased a euro black gt3 seat for the track. Would like to know any harness suggestions. Im not sure what point to have. 4pt, 5pt, or 6pt? i have the techart rollbar if that matters at all.

Any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks

Old 03-08-2006, 10:11 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by kennasbimmer
I just purchased a euro black gt3 seat for the track. Would like to know any harness suggestions. Im not sure what point to have. 4pt, 5pt, or 6pt? i have the techart rollbar if that matters at all.

Any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks
If you are solo, one seat is fine. But if you're not you should have the same equipment for both the driver and the passenger. Just something to keep in mind.

I'm not trying to thread jack. You'll need to know this info too
I have six point racing harnesses and I would like to find out how the anti-subs attach to the GT3 seats. Anyone out there know?

Old 03-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
there is a factory bracket that attaches under the seat and provides mounting for the sub belt...Carnewal has the factory piece for $60 US or Brey-Krause has one too but don't know what it looks like or how much.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-09-2006 at 12:38 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:55 AM
yea, im solo.

sooooo...... what do you guys recommend for a harness then? i take it a 6pt is the most common? :dunno:

Old 03-09-2006, 07:43 AM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
there is a factory bracket that attaches under the seat and provides mounting for the sub belt...Carnewal has the factory piece for $60 US or Brey-Krause has one too but don't know what it looks like or how much.
Could you tell me how the subs attach to this bracket? Are there eye-bolts or something?

Old 03-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by kennasbimmer
yea, im solo.

sooooo...... what do you guys recommend for a harness then? i take it a 6pt is the most common? :dunno:

5 or 6 points with cam lock.
Schroth makes some nice ones.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks fourtyounce ^^

Old 03-09-2006, 03:31 PM
im looking for maybe a yellow harness also. If its possable. It looks like schroth doesnt make yellow. Any other brands respectable?

Old 03-09-2006, 05:44 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
schroth Profi III 6 pt. The best period....

Old 03-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fortyounce
Could you tell me how the subs attach to this bracket? Are there eye-bolts or something?
the sub belt has an adjustable loop on the end that attatches to the sub belt bracket..you slide the sub belt loop over the bracket before you bolt it to the seat...once the bracket is attached to the seat it is a simple matter to reach through the opening in the seat bottom to grab the sub belt when needed or to put it under the seat when not in use....

Old 03-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
I've got the 6-pt Schroth, the B-K sub bar and GT3 seat. Great combination. Easy to install & remove the harness (you need nimble fingers, though, as it wraps around the bar a few times). It's easy after you've done it once or twice, which I do before & after each track day.

You'll also need some B-K hardware to attach the harness lap belts to the car (R-9003 & R-9004). http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/seatmounts.php

Old 03-09-2006, 10:40 PM
k... im looking at gettting the 6-pt schroth in black from here:

http://www.northstarmotorsports.com/...4/productID/58

is there anyother sites that you guys recommend for better prices.

Also, do i want pull down, pull up, clip in, or bolt in?!?!

You'll also need some B-K hardware to attach the harness lap belts to the car (R-9003 & R-9004). http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/seatmounts.php
Thanks for that link Holger... do you need all that hardware?

Old 03-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
The lap belts I have clip on (I bought them used, so I don't know if there are different varieties). Here's a photo of the B-K part I ordered for the inside, as you can see it's too long (you need the short one to use the slot in the seat.

I recently ordered shoulder pads for my harness from these guys (probably not a bad idea from a comfort & safety standpoint):
http://www.on-trackperformance.com/s...ness_index.htm

(I paid $37 last week, now they're on the site @ $55...talk about inflation!)

Old 03-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Holger B
Here's a photo of the B-K part I ordered for the inside, as you can see it's too long (you need the short one to use the slot in the seat.
I've got those for the inside of the seats too. As you said, they don't really work. I'm going to take the shorter passenger one and throw it on the driver seat inside.

Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
the sub belt has an adjustable loop on the end that attatches to the sub belt bracket..you slide the sub belt loop over the bracket before you bolt it to the seat...once the bracket is attached to the seat it is a simple matter to reach through the opening in the seat bottom to grab the sub belt when needed or to put it under the seat when not in use....
As for the anti-subs, I guess I have to take a closer look at my harnesses, because I don't remember seeing a loop.

Thanks a lot fellas!

Last edited by fortyounce; 03-10-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:23 PM
spr
spr is infamous around these parts
why don't you get the ones from Porsche?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Harness suggestions for Gt3 seat