Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Another smashed CGT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 05:18 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
At the end of the day, it's only a car, albeit a nice one. Thankfully the owner is ok, that's all that really matters.

Old 03-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jamie
At the end of the day, it's only a car, albeit a nice one. Thankfully the owner is ok, that's all that really matters.
+1. As long as the driver's ok, it's not that bad ...

Old 03-21-2006, 10:01 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
SERIOUSLY ... What's the story with these cars ... Just
There is absolutely nothing wrong with these cars. You take it over your personal driving ability limit and bad things can happen...

Old 03-21-2006, 10:56 AM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Thankfully the driver is safe. When did the accident occur and where?

Rockitman the problem is with this car you do not know what your limit is and when you find out it is too late. There is nothing that will save your butt.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:00 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nberry

Rockitman the problem is with this car you do not know what your limit is and when you find out it is too late. There is nothing that will save your butt.
That's why I recommend the slow and easy approach and slowly test the limits. The best way is at a private track day and skid pad....

Old 03-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
No kidding.......

Chris

Old 03-21-2006, 11:31 AM
O4 GT3
Vader13 has a spectacular aura aboutVader13 has a spectacular aura about
This is one of the strangest things I have ever seen.
I think that's the one that crashed in Dana Point/Laguna.
Sorry for the driver and car, at least I think he is fine.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:38 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vader13
This is one of the strangest things I have ever seen.
I think that's the one that crashed in Dana Point/Laguna.
Sorry for the driver and car, at least I think he is fine.
So it happened at a track event? Any other info?

Old 03-21-2006, 11:51 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
So it happened at a track event? Any other info?

no track in dana point or laguna, so i'd say it happened on the street

Old 03-21-2006, 11:52 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I see, I thought he meant Laguna as in Laguna Seca, my bad. Any other info? Glad the driver is ok.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:07 PM
O4 GT3
Vader13 has a spectacular aura aboutVader13 has a spectacular aura about
That's all I know but I am pretty sure thats the car crash a couple months back on PCH.

Old 03-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
How much did the auction end for?

Old 03-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Bill S. is infamous around these parts
Can anyone post "anonomous" reasons from the drivers why these cars are crashing? 3 or 4 crashes out of 10 or so owners on this board seems pretty high statistically.

From hearing about or watching by buddys crash, I'll bet it's one of the following:

1. Driving around a blind turn too fast and then crashing into a car because the traffic stopped.
2. Same as #1 but hitting an animal or road debris.
3. Driving at 120+ and then upsetting the car's balance with a sudden maneuver, dip or bump in the road.
4. Driving at 150+ and then unexpectadly loosing control because the car was aerodynamically unstable at that speed (which, unfortunately, is the case for most P-cars).
5. About to pass a car at 120+ and then having the car swerve into your lane.
6. Hitting someone head-on because they swerved into your lane when they weren't looking.
7. Driving around a turn too fast and then hitting leaves, water, oil or sand.
8. Tailgating someone at 100+ and then they had to stop suddenly.
9. Not watching for a split second at high speed and then hitting something as a result.

I'm not preaching here since I'm guilty of many during my younger "No Fear!" days. These are just the things I see happen to my friends, and what my doctor brother has learned talking to drivers in the emergency room.

Last edited by Bill S.; 03-21-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:59 PM
icon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bill S.
Can anyone post "anonomous" reasons from the drivers why these cars are crashing? 3 or 4 crashes out of 10 or so owners on this board seems pretty high statistically.

From hearing about or watching by buddys crash, I'll bet it's one of the following:

1. Driving around a blind turn too fast and then crashing into a car because the traffic stopped.
2. Same as #1 but hitting an animal or road debris.
3. Driving at 120+ and then upsetting the car's balance with a sudden maneuver, dip or bump in the road.
4. Driving at 150+ and then unexpectadly loosing control because the car was aerodynamically unstable at that speed (which, unfortunately, is the case for most P-cars).
5. About to pass a car at 120+ and then having the car swerve into your lane.
6. Hitting someone head-on because they swerved into your lane when they weren't looking.
7. Driving around a turn too fast and then hitting leaves, water, oil or sand.
8. Tailgating someone at 100+ and then they had to stop suddenly.
9. Not watching for a split second at high speed and then hitting something as a result.

I'm not preaching here since I'm guilty of many during my younger "No Fear!" days. These are just the things I see happen to my friends, and what my doctor brother has learned talking to drivers in the emergency room.
no offense, but what does any of these things have to do with a cgt? other cars are not capable of doing these things?

Last edited by icon; 03-21-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:05 PM
icon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nberry

but the people purchasing these vehicles know that and prefer it that way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another smashed CGT