Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Another smashed CGT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 11:19 AM
CarreraGtRacer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nberry
Porsche has already done so. I believe they had their first class in Alabama at a Skip Barber track a few months ago. They should have done this back in 2004 when they were delivery these cars. Instead, though not sponsored by Porsche, someone had Hurley Haywood spending a day with a CGT owner and his car at a private track( I believe in N. CA) for a mere $50,000.
I believe Mike (W8MM) attended that did he not?

Old 03-23-2006, 02:33 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CarreraGtRacer
I believe Mike (W8MM) attended that did he not?
Yes, but I am not sure if it was without charge.

Also Mike gave a very detail report regarding the experience. Based on his observations, he learned a lot about the car and how to drive it. Mike is a very experienced track driver.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:26 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Nick,

That wasn't a class for owners though. That was a VIP event. Some of the people invited weren't CGT owners at the time and may not be now.

Greg A

Old 03-23-2006, 07:01 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by teflon
Nick,

That wasn't a class for owners though. That was a VIP event. Some of the people invited weren't CGT owners at the time and may not be now.

Greg A
Greg, I agree the class was not exclusively for CGT owners. However, I was under the impression all owners of CGT's would be invited at some point in the future. I suppose if you paid $450,000 for a Porsche you should be considered a VIP or least I would hope so.

Old 03-26-2006, 02:16 AM
bobbrock is infamous around these parts
A lot of car for sure but accidents do happen. I could not imagine the feeling of standing around with all the observers staring at my smashed up $450k car.

Glad everyone was OK.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:12 AM
magwheel is infamous around these parts
Carrera GT - too much car

Originally Posted by DarioTexas
SERIOUSLY ... What's the story with these cars ... Just too much car for even the seasoned of drivers??? Glad he's ok ...
Dario and others, Since I have one, I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. They're obviously very powerful and on the edge of being the so-called 'race car on the street!' One night coming home from a restaurant, (I did have some wine), some a-hole was doing the challenge rountine and being a dumb ***, I responded by goosing the throttle a little too much going over a freeway bridge. She car started going sideways on me! Straightened my *** out real quick! No more Rambo stuff for me!

I had a 2003 GT2 which I traded on this car and it being almost as fast as my CGT (so I've read in various articles), seemed a little more stable in normal driving. I absolutely love my CGT, but to me, it does seem to have very quick steering and is a little more twitchy than the GT2. Maybe that's because I'm NOT an expert driver which in turn will make me respect it's power and capability that much more.

When I came across the article a week or so ago on Ben - RIP, (I thought it had just happened not realizing it was last summer), it was unnerving because of the same car AND same color! His situation was different though because it was on a RACE TRACK. Just an very, very unfortunate accident. But these cars especially (and some others with that kinda HP and speed capability) on the STREET, will get a novice or a complete idiot in trouble so fast that it's ridiculous. You need only to look at that complete JERK in the Ferrari Enzo crash in California on the PCH Highway a few weeks ago to see what I mean!

I'm really enjoying my CGT and will continue to drive it with complete respect so hopefully I and the car will be around for a long time. Michael

Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2006, 03:38 PM
icon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by magwheel
Maybe that's because I'm NOT an expert driver which in turn will make me respect it's power and capability that much more.
I'm really enjoying my CGT and will continue to drive it with complete respect so hopefully I and the car will be around for a long time. Michael
michael,
good to hear you are both respecting, and enjoying your cgt!
your car is seal grey like ben's?
have you had any access problems due to the low ride height?

Old 03-27-2006, 03:14 AM
barev is infamous around these parts
There's a big difference between a good driver and a safe driver.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Silver or grey?

Originally Posted by icon
michael,
good to hear you are both respecting, and enjoying your cgt!
your car is seal grey like ben's?
have you had any access problems due to the low ride height?
Was Ben's Grey? I thought it was Silver. Mine is... uh... Silver Metallic or is it Seal Grey Metallic.... not sure! But I think it's more silver than grey. As far as entry problems, yeah, she's the toughest of all my cars to get into but it makes you feel just like you sitting down in race car just about to do battle in LeMans! I have conked my head a few times on the upper roof curve though. Smarts like hell! Michael

Old 03-27-2006, 09:40 AM
bobbrock is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by barev
Absoluteley!!!

Old 03-27-2006, 12:39 PM
rafo is infamous around these parts
One night coming home from a restaurant, (I did have some wine), some a-hole was doing the challenge rountine and being a dumb ***, I responded by goosing the throttle a little too much going over a freeway bridge. She car started going sideways on me! Straightened my *** out real quick! No more Rambo stuff for me!
Did you have the TC off?

Old 03-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by barev
i'm sure both qualities can be found in some drivers!

Old 03-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Was Ben's Grey? I thought it was Silver. Mine is... uh... Silver Metallic or is it Seal Grey Metallic.... not sure! But I think it's more silver than grey. As far as entry problems, yeah, she's the toughest of all my cars to get into but it makes you feel just like you sitting down in race car just about to do battle in LeMans! I have conked my head a few times on the upper roof curve though. Smarts like hell! Michael
you don't know what color your car is? if it's the one in the avatar it's silver
i didnt mean problems getting into the car but acces problems on the road due to the low foward front apron.
sorry about your head!

Old 03-27-2006, 03:15 PM
TC off and car color

Originally Posted by rafo
Did you have the TC off?
No, didn't have the TC off. I leave all the settings the way they came from the factory. When you asked me the color, I had to go online to see what I thought the difference between the two might be. It was hard to tell, at least to the link I found, and I thought maybe one was silver (with metalflake or firemist) and then one was a light grey but with no flake effect. If you'd like to see pics of most of my cars and reviews , please visit the following web link: http://www.jabbasworld.net/viewtopic...er=asc&start=0

Thanks, Michael

Old 03-27-2006, 03:39 PM
No, didn't have the TC off. I leave all the settings the way they came from the factory. When you asked me the color, I had to go online to see what I thought the difference between the two might be. It was hard to tell, at least to the link I found, and I thought maybe one was silver (with metalflake or firemist) and then one was a light grey but with no flake effect. If you'd like to see pics of most of my cars and reviews , please visit the following web link: http://www.jabbasworld.net/viewtopic...er=asc&start=0

Thanks, Michael
hey michael,
believe it or not the guys at jabbasworld banned me for the one post i made to you. i'm sure you're able to take a little razzing and i dont see why they would have banned me. sent an email to the admin but if you could check on it for me i would appreciate it!
i can't even view the site to see your cars!

Last edited by icon; 03-27-2006 at 07:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another smashed CGT