Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT3 battery dead and can't open trunk (even jumping fuse panel) antigravity batt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 11:14 AM
darkostoj is infamous around these parts
997 GT3 battery dead and can't open trunk (even jumping fuse panel) antigravity batt

Hey guys, got a 2011 GT3 and purchased a fancy anti-gravity battery to prevent this from happening...but I guess this is how it goes sometimes.

Cars been parked for about 6 months, was hoping to push the fob that came with battery and it would come alive but it appears that was not the case.

I pulled the fuse panel in the drivers foot well, jumped the red terminal you pull out and heard the ignition lock activate and it released the key.

however when pushing the trunk release rocker switch on the drivers side sill or hitting the fob it would not pop open.

anyone know what to do here?

thanks!

Old 07-08-2022, 09:10 AM
pgeoph is infamous around these parts
2 things come to mind;

1) did you get a good ground for the negative terminal?
2) Did you use a full sized battery to jump with?
3) If 1 & 2 are not good then using the key fob won't work (lever pull does not work using this technique)

I too run an Antigravity for my main on my 997.2 GT3. I occasionally will turn it off if I'm going on a long trip (good anti-theft technique) and lock the frunk. Since my Antigrav is an older model, it has no bluetooth restart so I have to use the terminal on the fuse panel to energize the frunk to access the battery and turn it back on. I find that none of the micro-start jump devices work, they just trip off when connected to the jump point. The only thng that works is an old fashioned, full sized, car battery.

Old 02-01-2023, 04:06 PM
pgeoph is infamous around these parts
Update: After testing a number of Li-ion "Boosters" I have found one that works in this unique application (battery turned off). It seems that most commercial hardware expects to see some residual battery voltage and in the absence of that they just don't want to apply any voltage. I recently found a NOCO that works - there may be other models but the GB40 has an override button (!) that powers up the system despite not being able to sense any residual voltage (because the battery is disconnected internally). Sooooo much easier than lugging a full sized lead acid car battery around!