Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 Daily Driver Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2022, 08:54 AM
Azzurri is infamous around these parts
GT3 Daily Driver Wheels

I am not on the track anymore and this is a daily driver. I have been on the stock 19 inch wheels for the street since 2007 but am considering an upgrade to new wheels. Is anyone running 20 inch wheels on a 2007 GT3 or sticking with the original 19 inch staggered width wheels? Also, it's a question with as many answers as drivers, but I would like to hear any thoughts on BBS Wheels (19 or 20 inch) or just sticking with the stock 19 inch GT3 wheels? This is more of a cosmetic issue than a performance issue at this point. Thanks for your thoughts!

Old 12-14-2022, 02:00 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Azzurri
I am not on the track anymore and this is a daily driver. I have been on the stock 19 inch wheels for the street since 2007 but am considering an upgrade to new wheels. Is anyone running 20 inch wheels on a 2007 GT3 or sticking with the original 19 inch staggered width wheels? Also, it's a question with as many answers as drivers, but I would like to hear any thoughts on BBS Wheels (19 or 20 inch) or just sticking with the stock 19 inch GT3 wheels? This is more of a cosmetic issue than a performance issue at this point. Thanks for your thoughts!
I personally have not seen any 997 GT3's running 20's however in theory it can be done. You've have to be OK with a rougher ride though as this would require 30 profile tire fronts and 25 profile tire rears. You will also have to be good with using standard street tires as there are no track tire options in 20" sizing for the car.

We would recommend an aftermarket set of HRE performance wheels like the ones below. They are custom built to order so you can choose whichever diameter is right for you as well as any color combination.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 12-14-2022, 02:26 PM
Azzurri is infamous around these parts
Thank you for the information and it is almost exactly what a few other owners and wheel experts have suggested. I am quickly coming to the idea of staying with 19s. I really appreciate you taking time to respond!

Old 01-17-2023, 10:11 AM
pgeoph is infamous around these parts
I went with the OZ Racing Superforgiata's in 19". Got them cheap from Tire Rack. Saves 28lbs over the stock wheels. I've got 30,000 miles and more than a few laps on these and they are fantastic!

Old 12-08-2023, 04:31 AM
Hamza is infamous around these parts
Wow thats amazing