Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Took some pics today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 05:55 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally Posted by thusly
Doc,

Reading your posts made me even more excited than I already am!!! Mine lands tomorrow am after a trip across country - '05 silver/dark grey.

Any newbie tips?
Congrats man !! Prepare to be blown away ! Take the time to learn the clutch on a less busy side street....you have probably read many times that it can be easy to stall initially and excited, close followers on the street may not realize it and....ouch ! (It happened to some guy out west who just took delivery of it from the dealer..not a happy guy) Initially, I just let the clutch out without give any gas and the TC would modulate the throttle and get the car rolling (try it, no gas whatsoever)...now, I modulate the throttle slightly and have smoother takeoffs (took about 30 minutes total !!!). Other than that, pay attention to the break-in, and the rest is easy (typical porsche, get in and drive !). Don't pay any attention to the "brake servo warning" they all do it on start up, tire pressure warnings will come on even if there is -1 psi difference, and enjoy the manual for a while learning the Nav etc. The top is a piece of cake....

First shift into second should be taken easy...let fluids warm up, and enjoy the hell out of it ! Please post pics as well....congrats again

Old 04-07-2006, 09:26 AM
thusly is infamous around these parts
Tips

Thanks Doc!

I did in fact receive the vehicle yesterday AM; Inter-city did their usual fabulous job of delivery, including the driver putting on a white "contamination suit " and sans shoes when he got in to unload. It was truly and exciting moment for me; I had been dreaming and lusting after the car since it was first introduced to the public. Couldn't believe I actually was taking delivery of it!

I had a chance to drive the car about .25 miles and straight into the warehouse; unfortunately, I had to catch a plane and the weather was not good so I wasn't able to spend any time driving it. I did exactly as you indicated; no throttle, slow release of the clutch, let the computer work the throttle and perfect take off. I also took the top off, after first admiring the cool luggage and all the nooks and crannies the luggage fits in the car. Loaded up the nav, and took a brief cruise through the manual. Also admired the special Carrera GT booklet with beautiful photos. Lastly, I couldn't resist starting the car up a few times: letting it idle,and then revving it was truly magical. I still get chills just thinking about it!

So...... if the weather holds, my first drive will be this weekend and pictures will be posted. I will probably put 10X the existing mileage on the drive; the car now has 10.25 miles on it!

Old 04-07-2006, 09:56 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Congrats again, enjoy it in the best of health always...same thing happened to me, bought it and had to head out of town next day !

Enjoy the heck out of it ! Did you look into getting an extended Porsche warranty to 7years, 100,000 miles ? I think that would really be worth a bit of security down the road....

Can't wait to see pics of your delivery experience...If you debated getting one at all, it all goes out the window when it shows up !

Old 04-07-2006, 10:11 AM
ExtinctM3 has a spectacular aura aboutExtinctM3 has a spectacular aura about
Just curious, about how many CGTs do we have on this board? Prob around 5 or 6 you think? Thats pretty awesome to get so many in one place!

Old 04-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Honored Member

W8MM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ExtinctM3
Just curious, about how many CGTs do we have on this board? Prob around 5 or 6 you think?
At least double that, maybe more.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:25 AM
deanger is infamous around these parts
Old ferrari trick you probably know, Doc, but for the first shift of the morning, go from 1st to 3rd. Skip second entirely. Trust me.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:39 AM
deanger,

thanks, I started doing that after the first ginger 2nd gear shift...thanks for the tip...

Once the gearbox gets warm, it really is a different car shifting wise...

Old 04-08-2006, 12:47 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Doc!

I did in fact receive the vehicle yesterday AM; Inter-city did their usual fabulous job of delivery, including the driver putting on a white "contamination suit " and sans shoes when he got in to unload. It was truly and exciting moment for me; I had been dreaming and lusting after the car since it was first introduced to the public. Couldn't believe I actually was taking delivery of it!

I had a chance to drive the car about .25 miles and straight into the warehouse; unfortunately, I had to catch a plane and the weather was not good so I wasn't able to spend any time driving it. I did exactly as you indicated; no throttle, slow release of the clutch, let the computer work the throttle and perfect take off. I also took the top off, after first admiring the cool luggage and all the nooks and crannies the luggage fits in the car. Loaded up the nav, and took a brief cruise through the manual. Also admired the special Carrera GT booklet with beautiful photos. Lastly, I couldn't resist starting the car up a few times: letting it idle,and then revving it was truly magical. I still get chills just thinking about it!

So...... if the weather holds, my first drive will be this weekend and pictures will be posted. I will probably put 10X the existing mileage on the drive; the car now has 10.25 miles on it!
Fred,
just caught this!

really really happy for u. i still have all our exchanged emails & finally it's here. i knew it!

congrats & enjoy the beauty.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:12 AM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Fred,

Congrats on your new car - time to sell me the red car!

JCM

Old 04-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Cgt

Thanks Arling and John; I think the Porsche aliens took over my mind this year - Cayenne Turbo S, Cup, GT-3 and now a CGT!!

Old 04-11-2006, 02:58 PM
CGT- First Drive

I finally got to take the CGT out this past weeked; Unfortunately, my normal 100 mile route was partially under construction, so I didn't put in as many miles as I had wanted. I managed to increase the existing mileage by sevenfold; the car now has 84 miles!

As expected, familiar Porsche driveability, but for the glorious sounds in the back. It was very difficult to stay under the break-in rpms (4,250), but I did try to behave as much as possible. Can't wait until I can really put my foot into it. After a few practices, the clutch operation became pretty much second nature. Heel and toe downshift was also pretty easy to accomplish. The shifting tip from Deanger was also helpful when the car was cold; 1st to 3rd.

I am going to have the corner balancing of the car double checked; the car seemed to be a bit more twitchy than the other CGTs I had driven.

I also brought the CS out for comparison purposes. While there are obvious differences between the two, it is hard to fault the CS. Guess I will be "forced" to keep it as well. Ironically, when we were driving, we ran into a mint F-40. Absolutely beautiful.

Attached Images      

Last edited by thusly; 04-11-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:04 PM
CGT CS and F40

A few more.

Attached Images     
Old 04-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
looks like a great time!! did you drive with the F40 much? Love to see some more pix of your "warehouse" sometime!

oh yeah, if you need someone to break in the car sometime for you, feel free to let me know LOL

Old 04-11-2006, 04:23 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Fred,
how do u manage to take 2 cars out at the same time?!?!

will u be in Vegas this weekend? if i go would love to check out the collection.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:04 PM
I finally got to take the CGT out this past weeked; Unfortunately, my normal 100 mile route was partially under construction, so I didn't put in as many miles as I had wanted. I managed to increase the existing mileage by sevenfold; the car now has 84 miles!

As expected, familiar Porsche driveability, but for the glorious sounds in the back. It was very difficult to stay under the break-in rpms (4,250), but I did try to behave as much as possible. Can't wait until I can really put my foot into it. After a few practices, the clutch operation became pretty much second nature. Heel and toe downshift was also pretty easy to accomplish. The shifting tip from Deanger was also helpful when the car was cold; 1st to 3rd.

I am going to have the corner balancing of the car double checked; the car seemed to be a bit more twitchy than the other CGTs I had driven.

I also brought the CS out for comparison purposes. While there are obvious differences between the two, it is hard to fault the CS. Guess I will be "forced" to keep it as well. Ironically, when we were driving, we ran into a mint F-40. Absolutely beautiful.
Thanks for the pics Fred, absolutely gorgeous ! That garage picture is sweet ! I doubt you will ever part with the CS...its a classic now, and for the future...Glad to see you're enjoying the CGT as much as I am !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Took some pics today...