GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 Aftermarket Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 12:02 AM
zed
zed is infamous around these parts
GT3 Aftermarket Exhaust

Pulled up next to a Tubi-equipped Ferrari 360 today while driving my 996 GT3. Performance-wise I'm sure I could run with it but the F-car sounds fabulous with a Tubi. Will I get a similar exhaust note from Fabspeed or Europipe? Any issues re warranty or resonance with either of these after market systems?

Zed
2004 996 GT3

Old 04-04-2006, 12:32 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zed
Will I get a similar exhaust note from Fabspeed or Europipe?
probably never. however, running anywhere above 6,000rpm in GT3 the sound is just as sick imo, just never like the Ferrari sound.

with Europipe u get a deeper sound, and wish u have a see-through bumper.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:33 AM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
Go with Europipe...

Fabspeed shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence IMO.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:50 AM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I use Manthey -seems to be the hot ticket right now. Pulls harder up top on europipe but euro is stronger down low, (where do you keep your RPMS on this car) (according to Tom at Arlings place!)It absolutely screams above 5K, I love the turnnels or brick walled lined streets. People who drive behind me just rave about the shriek.
having said that I have a friend that has a 360 with capristo exhaust.
that thing sounds like a Ferrari F1 car. Mine sounds like a Porsche.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:46 AM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
Any videos of the Manthey? I have always liked the Cargraphic, great quality, fair price, sounds good.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:24 AM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
I had Tubis on my 997 and now have Fabspeed on my GT3. The Tubi has a unique sound you will not get with the Fabspeed. Fabspeed will get more "mellow" with age. Either brand is an improvement over stock IMHO, at least in the aural aspect. Also there is a substantial weight savings improvement, plus the enhanced looks of the aftermarket mufflers (polished stainless)

Last edited by Doctor K; 04-05-2006 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:51 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
manthy and CG designs are basically clones of one another if you go with their equal length tube headers.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:47 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
europipe nuff' said

Old 04-05-2006, 05:52 PM
GTThree is just really niceGTThree is just really niceGTThree is just really niceGTThree is just really nice
So the Europipe is stated to gain 12HP on the GT3. I assume this is with the stock exhaust manifold. (?) Is the stock manifold up to par with the gains available with the EP or would going to an aftermarket header better this? In addition, I have the Porsche extended warranty and am also curious if adding aftermarket exhaust such as the EP would void this. Any thoughts and/or opinions? Thanks in advance.

Joseph

Old 04-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Moogle is infamous around these parts
straight pipes

Old 04-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GTThree
So the Europipe is stated to gain 12HP on the GT3. I assume this is with the stock exhaust manifold. (?) Is the stock manifold up to par with the gains available with the EP or would going to an aftermarket header better this? In addition, I have the Porsche extended warranty and am also curious if adding aftermarket exhaust such as the EP would void this. Any thoughts and/or opinions? Thanks in advance.

Joseph
Fabspeed does offer a set of aftermarket cats for the GT3 that is supposed to add another 8 hp. Both Evo & Fabspped used to offer a full aftermarket exhaust (headers, hi-flow cats, & exhaust) that claimed up to 25 hp gain. But was expensive $5K+.

As far as warranty, it depends on which dealer you go to. I had exhaust, headers, & intake on my last car and the dealer didn't even look sideways. As a matter of fact I had a leak on my my headers, and they helped me fix it. Always get new gaskets when you get aftermarket parts, they are the crush-type even though people say you can re-use the old ones they don't fit right, and will have leaks.

Old 04-08-2006, 02:22 PM
GTThree is just really niceGTThree is just really niceGTThree is just really niceGTThree is just really nice
Thanks for the info, Fanman. So, if their claimed HP increase of 25 with a complete system (w/headers) is accurate and flows are somewhat comparable to the Europipe, I can deduce that a header along with the Europipe should double their stated HP increase of 12? Roughly. Maybe? I'll look into the Evo and Fabspeed as well. Thanks again.

Old 04-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Europipe- no better made exhaust

Old 04-08-2006, 03:00 PM
TSP-MIAMI is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rockitman
manthy and CG designs are basically clones of one another if you go with their equal length tube headers.

They are VERY similar but not exactly the same. But in the end, both companies powerkits have proven to be the best out there for the 996 GT3.

Theo

Old 04-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Banned
RENNWORX GT3 is infamous around these partsRENNWORX GT3 is infamous around these parts
Gt3 Mufflers

Are you looking for the Power kit or just mufflers there is a big difference in Performance VS Sound.

If you need more information on any of the Manthey Product you can contact me or Theo as we have the Distributorship for the East and West Coast.

I have some used Mufflers in stock if you ar interested a set of Ruf GT3 mufflers with 5,000 miles & new Chrome tips $1,600 or a set of Manthey GT3 mufflers $2,400 with 500 miles and polished tips.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Aftermarket Exhaust