GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carrera GT vs. Saleen S7 Experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 06:22 PM
icon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fanman
the AWE straightpipes & you are looking at another 50-60 hp on the Carrera GT
the straight pipes dont add any peak performance > only improves the low end.
you can get 50-60hp from eurotek ecu?

600k for a porsche?

Old 04-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Banned
M3j0n is infamous around these parts
very simple.... s7 is not driveable ont he street. the CGT is... there is your answer

Old 04-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Craigger is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
Here you go man...check it out, let me know what u think...

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...ctionReq=Where

I dont believe a word of that site outside the Viper area.

dyno sheets? rpm range of these numbers? time slips? didnt think so

Old 04-11-2006, 12:07 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
HAHAHAHHAHAHA who would trust their CGT to hennessy who could not put together vipers in time for his owners. The guy is a Crook and whoever trusts their CGT to him should have their CGT taken away immedietely and given to a more deserving individual.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by icon
the straight pipes dont add any peak performance > only improves the low end.
you can get 50-60hp from eurotek ecu?

600k for a porsche?
Yeah, you are right on the straight pipe, only a few hp on the top end, but low-midrange hp gain is impressive. As far as Eurotek, that is their claim. Given the exclusivity of GT haven't seen an actaul one yet with this mod, but the Ferrari guys have had very good results from the Eurotek upgrade (included were actual owners with 360CS, 575's etc.).

Old 04-11-2006, 12:20 AM
EpDarks is infamous around these parts
The S7 is for that old, rich, white guy looking for an AMERICAN supercar.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:10 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Here you go man...check it out, let me know what u think...

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...ctionReq=Where
I think it's a joke, hennessey is a joke, and you should realize this car never has been built and you'd be a fool to trust hennessey w/ it.

I got a good look at a new S7 at CC, and was definately impressed w/ the build quality. Some will say it's a kit car because it's low production and made by a guy who they think simply modifies mustangs. Yes he modifies mustangs, but what made him famous is the countless years of experience in various forms of racing. Also, i'd be interested in hearing how many of those who say it's a kit car, etc, have actually seen one in person up close. It'll definately be interesting to see what opinions are after the factory tour.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 04-11-2006 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:01 PM
SK90077 is infamous around these parts
S7 is ugly specially in person. seeing it drive is even worse! sounds like poop too.
i quesion its weight as well. i dont see how is can wiegh less than the CGT.
I was looking at possibly getting one awhile ago so i did some research.
Also the vents are really ugly on the S7. fish gills all around

Old 04-11-2006, 03:02 PM
SK90077 is infamous around these parts
Is the S7 a CF chassis?

Old 04-11-2006, 05:03 PM
I have seen it in person. Nice, but not any better than anything else sitting in the room with it (which at the show were cars like Spyker, Tramoto, etc.). I'm not crushingly rich like some people, but even if I had millions of dollars to spend on transportation the Carrera GT, or Ferrari Enzo is the most car I think I could even handle on the streets/track. S7 is made by a non-manufacturer. No manufacturer behind it ala GT, or Enzo. Not even like a RUF, who has strong ties to Porsche. Cars like Tucker or Dolorean were made by innovators too, but doesn't mean they sold well. Nice car, just not worth $500K+.

Old 04-11-2006, 09:36 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
I think it's a joke, hennessey is a joke, and you should realize this car never has been built and you'd be a fool to trust hennessey w/ it.

I got a good look at a new S7 at CC, and was definately impressed w/ the build quality. Some will say it's a kit car because it's low production and made by a guy who they think simply modifies mustangs. Yes he modifies mustangs, but what made him famous is the countless years of experience in various forms of racing. Also, i'd be interested in hearing how many of those who say it's a kit car, etc, have actually seen one in person up close. It'll definately be interesting to see what opinions are after the factory tour.
Are you kidding me? Hennessey is one of the best and well known tuners in the world. Look what he has done to vipers. not to mention the work he has done with porsches. Do u even know anything about hennessey? Saying that about the work done by henneseey is just plain wrong and incorrect.

Old 04-11-2006, 09:45 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Are you kidding me? Hennessey is one of the best and well known tuners in the world. Look what he has done to vipers. not to mention the work he has done with porsches. Do u even know anything about hennessey? Saying that about the work done by henneseey is just plain wrong and incorrect.

Show me a porsche Hennessey has actually touched
. Then do a search on Hennessey on the viper forums and find out what the they think about the guy. Then also do a search on this forum and listen to guys who have actually worked w/ them and see what they have to say. You can even avoid all the guys that have been ripped off by JH, and will still see unhappy people.

Your posts are brilliant. The best is you are saying the car will do 10's and acting like this is a kit that actually exists and has been built. It's not, and trust me, no one in their right mind would be dumb enough to trust hennnessey w/ their CGT. You really should investigate things more before you speak,this isn't the first thread where you've come completely out of left field w/ your "knowledge", the Z06 thread you first introduced yourself in is a prime example.

Reality is, Hennessey hasn't been the top of the viper game for a few years now, it's amazing the guy is actually still in business. If he was so good I'd think atleast one of the guys w/ TT vipers (and there are more then a few) on this board would have his kit, but yet, not a single one does. He does do great work though, and has produced some beasts, still doesn't take away from his extremely shady business practices and the fact that he is no longer the top dawg and there are numerous other great viper tuners out there.

But to even consider him a porsche tuner is pretty much idiotic. I don't think his name has popped up once on this board as someone who has done work for any of our members.

You can even look at his site and he has one comment from one owner whose porsche he touched and he doesn't even use a picture of the actual car, but misrepresents it as a "customers car" when infact it's a porsche stock photo of a GT2, it also sounds like he didn't do anything extensive

"[font=Arial][size=1][color=#000000]Your company's recent upgrade of my 2001 Porsche Twin Turbo is fantastic. Its increased performance and throaty sound adds a new level of excitement to my driving. I would recommend this upgrade to any Porsche owner. Daniel Cartwright"

So the real question I pose to you now is, ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? It doesn't even take a elementry education to realize the link you posted to his "CGT TT KIT" is retarded and that the info is totally made up, the fact he can't provide pictures of the kit should also let you know that he hasn't produced it. Along w/ the fact again that he is using a Porsche Stock photo instead of his own

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 04-11-2006 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:55 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
Show me a porsche Hennessey has actually touched. Then do a search on Hennessey on the viper forums and find out what the they think about the guy. Then also do a search on this forum and listen to guys who have actually worked w/ them and see what they have to say. You can even avoid all the guys that have been ripped off by JH, and will still see unhappy people.

Your posts are brilliant. The best is you are saying the car will do 10's and acting like this is a kit that actually exists and has been built. It's not, and trust me, no one in their right mind would be dumb enough to trust hennnessey w/ their CGT. You really should investigate things more before you speak,this isn't the first thread where you've come completely out of left field w/ your "knowledge", the Z06 thread you first introduced yourself in is a prime example.

Reality is, Hennessey hasn't been the top of the viper game for a few years now, it's amazing the guy is actually still in business. If he was so good I'd think atleast one of the guys w/ TT vipers (and there are more then a few) on this board would have his kit, but yet, not a single one does. He does do great work though, and has produced some beasts, still doesn't take away from his extremely shady business practices and the fact that he is no longer the top dawg and there are numerous other great viper tuners out there.

But to even consider him a porsche tuner is pretty much idiotic. I don't think his name has popped up once on this board as someone who has done work for any of our members.

You can even look at his site and he has one comment from one owner whose porsche he touched and he doesn't even use a picture of the actual car, but misrepresents it as a "customers car" when infact it's a porsche stock photo of a GT2, it also sounds like he didn't do anything extensive

"[font=Arial][size=1][color=#000000]Your company's recent upgrade of my 2001 Porsche Twin Turbo is fantastic. Its increased performance and throaty sound adds a new level of excitement to my driving. I would recommend this upgrade to any Porsche owner. Daniel Cartwright"

So the real question I pose to you now is, ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? It doesn't even take a elementry education to realize the link you posted to his "CGT TT KIT" is retarded and that the info is totally made up, the fact he can't provide pictures of the kit should also let you know that he hasn't produced it. Along w/ the fact again that he is using a Porsche Stock photo instead of his own
When u say, "Your posts are brilliant", are u giving me a compliment or being sarcastic. I cannot tell by your writing.

When I say he does good work with vipers, I meant that in the fact that he creates beasts out of them. With porsches, I have heard he creates beasts out of them too.

With regards to the CGT, I posted it because it was something I saw. I didnt ever say that it was a kit that was proven. I said I saw it on the hennessey website and gave the specs that he "claims" for it.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:01 PM
What have you heard about porsche beasts he's created? Because that'd be a first for 99.9% of the board. Just curious.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Hennessey has one of the worst reputations of any tuners. Not for the products that he turns out (which by all accounts are very good), but his business practices. He has taken customer cars, and failed to deliver them back for over a year. He has taken peoples money, but never did the conversions. He was in several litigation cases. He had several Better Business Bureau complaints about him. A business rating company that rates companies solvency & business practices gave him a 0 out of 100 (as an example they gave Ligenfelter, the premier tuner of Corvettes a 77). He basically declared bankruptcy and fired everybody in his company except for about 5 people, and tried to go back to his old practice of just being a tuner, but I have heard the complaints are again coming up. This is a case where the guy is a better mechanic/tuner than businessman. You can ask any legitimate tuner like EVO, Cargraphic, Techart, RUF, etc. the business ethics/customer satisfaction is half the equation. Without you can make the best products in the world, but your company won't last.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT vs. Saleen S7 Experience?