Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carrera GT vs. Saleen S7 Experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 11:09 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
What have you heard about porsche beasts he's created? Because that'd be a first for 99.9% of the board. Just curious.
Pretty much through the grapevine. A friend of mine mentioned it to me a while ago. No one on this board, thats for sure. I never really follow his stuff for the most part. I didnt even know he had porsche kits until a friend told me. U gonna answer my question on my last post?

Old 04-11-2006, 11:20 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
back on topic. The S7 TT will out accelerate the CGT (by a WIDE margin). Their 1/4 mile trap is about 10mph difference. 10mph in the 1/4 is huge. The S7 also handles a lot better on paper. I've seen slalom tests up over 73mph for the S7 and literature from journalists saying that you cannot push this car passed it's limits.

Read this excerpt and notice the bold:

True, Saleen hasn’t campaigned his S7 Twin Turbo car in Formula 1, nor has he racked up umpteen wins at Le Mans, as have Ferrari, Mercedes, and Porsche. But despite the sterling racing heritages of their companies, the Enzo, the Carrera GT, and the SLR haven’t raced at all. Meanwhile, a racing version of the S7, the S7R, has won seven various GT championships and will be entered again this June at Le Mans. Moreover, that S7R, and the roadgoing S7 Twin Turbo, are virtually identical, built side by side using the same technology—with the exception that the street car, with its pair of turbos, is much more powerful.
http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...win-turbo.html

Old 04-12-2006, 03:26 AM
Baasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to behold
The S7 TT (w/ 750BHP or the optional 850/1000 BHP upgrades) would DESTROY the CGT & the Enzo in a straight line. That car is plainly a BEAST...I've spoken to a person who has driven all three cars quite extensively and said that the S7 TT is much faster than the CGT and can definitely beat the Enzo in a straight line. Around corners however, the Enzo & S7 TT would be a close call. However, the CGT would get smoked around corners as well. I mean think about it. The car is sub 3000 lbs. and has 750+ HP.. the power-to-weight ratio is just insane.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:55 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
Pretty much through the grapevine. A friend of mine mentioned it to me a while ago. No one on this board, thats for sure. I never really follow his stuff for the most part. I didnt even know he had porsche kits until a friend told me. U gonna answer my question on my last post?
I was being sarcastic

Old 04-12-2006, 10:19 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
I was being sarcastic
If you dont mind me asking, WHAT car(s) do you personally own? I hope not just that 55 chopped.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:22 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
If you dont mind me asking, WHAT car(s) do you personally own? I hope not just that 55 chopped.

If you don't mind me asking, how does that relate to the comments i've made to you and the lack of knowledge you have thrown out in your posts? You can do a search and find out what car I just purchased, provided pics as well (my avatar should give it away) . I'm a broke college student so nothing special. But if you are going to try to attack my car/tuner knowledge based on what I drive, you have proven that what you drive does not make you smart about tuners/cars. Just curious, how old are you?

I still can't believe you said "look what he's done w/ porsches" Yet you haven't even seen anything he's done

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 04-12-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:12 AM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Are you kidding me? Hennessey is one of the best and well known tuners in the world. Look what he has done to vipers. not to mention the work he has done with porsches. Do u even know anything about hennessey? Saying that about the work done by henneseey is just plain wrong and incorrect.
I'm sorry but that is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read here. Its fairly obvious that you are just regurgitating the falsities you have heard through the "grapevine". That does no good to anyone.

Before you make a post like that, just make sure you have your facts straight. Do a little research on Hennessey's background. There are at least 2 members on this board alone that can tell you some shocking stories. In my opinion, his past shady dealings superceed any advancements he might have made in the Viper world.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:38 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how does that relate to the comments i've made to you and the lack of knowledge you have thrown out in your posts? You can do a search and find out what car I just purchased, provided pics as well (my avatar should give it away) . I'm a broke college student so nothing special. But if you are going to try to attack my car/tuner knowledge based on what I drive, you have proven that what you drive does not make you smart about tuners/cars. Just curious, how old are you?

I still can't believe you said "look what he's done w/ porsches" Yet you haven't even seen anything he's done
I am in no way trying to "attack" your car or what you drive. Just curious as to what you drive, this is a car forum, correct? I am 22, how old are you? I am guessing probably around the same age since u said u were in college, as I am also. Where do you go?

Old 04-12-2006, 01:53 PM
I am in no way trying to "attack" your car or what you drive. Just curious as to what you drive, this is a car forum, correct? I am 22, how old are you? I am guessing probably around the same age since u said u were in college, as I am also. Where do you go?
My age should be pretty easy to find out as it's posted everytime I make a post. That said I drive a 2006 GTO, what do you drive?

Old 04-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by alexWS6
I'm sorry but that is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read here. Its fairly obvious that you are just regurgitating the falsities you have heard through the "grapevine". That does no good to anyone.

Before you make a post like that, just make sure you have your facts straight. Do a little research on Hennessey's background. There are at least 2 members on this board alone that can tell you some shocking stories. In my opinion, his past shady dealings superceed any advancements he might have made in the Viper world.
I never said his businesses practices were great. It is apparent that he is a very unethical guy who obviously can tune cars but cannot follow standard business procedures and practices. Sounds like talent wasted by unsavory customer service. I havnt been on this forum so long so I have not heard the stories from those who have dealt with this man and his products. As far as products go though, he has built some great cars, mainly vipers.

AlexWS6, are you also VRAlexander?

Old 04-12-2006, 02:02 PM
I never said his businesses practices were great. It is apparent that he is a very unethical guy who obviously can tune cars but cannot follow standard business procedures and practices. Sounds like talent wasted by unsavory customer service. I havnt been on this forum so long so I have not heard the stories from those who have dealt with this man and his products. As far as products go though, he has built some great cars, mainly vipers.

AlexWS6, are you also VRAlexander?
Still curious as to what you have heard he's done w/ porsches, considering you have obviously heard he does great things.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:09 PM
My age should be pretty easy to find out as it's posted everytime I make a post. That said I drive a 2006 GTO, what do you drive?
Well I drive one of two cars. Either a 2000 911 Carrera 4 Cabrio, or a 2002 Isuzu Axiom. I am currently looking to buy another car that will be a graduation present, since I am graduating in about a month. What do you think? Either a used E46 M3 (because I dont want a v8 and because 2006 is the last year they are making them) or a fully loaded 2006/2007 G35 Coupe that will ultimately get either a SC or TT kit. Can you think of anything else that would be similar to these? Those are the only two I really like without going in the the range of a Cayman S which I would really like to get.

Last edited by PorscheC4; 04-12-2006 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Still curious as to what you have heard he's done w/ porsches, considering you have obviously heard he does great things.
I have "heard", mark that word, heard, that the modifications on TT/GT2's yields good hp and substantial time gains. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:27 PM
Well I drive one of two cars. Either a 2000 911 Carrera 4 Cabrio, or a 2002 Isuzu Axiom. I am currently looking to buy another car that will be a graduation present, since I am graduating in about a month. What do you think? Either a used E46 M3 (because I dont want a v8 and because 2006 is the last year they are making them) or a fully loaded 2006/2007 G35 Coupe that will ultimately get either a SC or TT kit. Can you think of anything else that would be similar to these? Those are the only two I really like without going in the the range of a Cayman S which I would really like to get.

I was dead set on a used E46, G35, or STi, ended up w/ a GTO

Old 04-12-2006, 02:36 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Are you kidding me? Hennessey is one of the best and well known tuners in the world. Look what he has done to vipers. not to mention the work he has done with porsches. Do u even know anything about hennessey? Saying that about the work done by henneseey is just plain wrong and incorrect.
You obviously have never followed any of the past issues with hennessey. John is a crook. he stole people's money, messed up their cars, did not fix them for close to two years and made BS excuses. Since his original viper days, new tuners are putting out faster more reliable TT vipers and give you 100 times the service he does. If you would trust your porsche to Hennessey you should have your porsche taken away from you. He is one of those people who needs to have stuck to something outside of the car world. Sadly the man is still in business, he should have been boycotted completely by every car enthusiast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT vs. Saleen S7 Experience?