Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carrera GT vs. Saleen S7 Experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 05:32 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
I never said his businesses practices were great. It is apparent that he is a very unethical guy who obviously can tune cars but cannot follow standard business procedures and practices. Sounds like talent wasted by unsavory customer service. I havnt been on this forum so long so I have not heard the stories from those who have dealt with this man and his products. As far as products go though, he has built some great cars, mainly vipers.

AlexWS6, are you also VRAlexander?
How do you know he can "obviously tune cars"? Theres alot more to these stories than just ethics. Check out viperclub.org, viperalley.com, corvetteforum.com as long as the threads havent been deleted/pruned.

and no. I dont have an electronic-alter ego.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:35 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
I was dead set on a used E46, G35, or STi, ended up w/ a GTO
STi's are beasts. Love the car before its 2005? remake, just dont like the new grill. The thing is I want a RWD and that wouldnt work for me int erms of that. What made you choose the GTO over the others? I am leaning toward a G35 coupe myself.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:34 AM
magwheel is infamous around these parts
Kids! Kids! Kids!

Therein lies the problem..... You three that are arguing over the Enzo v.s. CGT v.s. TT S7 are seemingly only worried about drag times.... I think. I could have possibly bought a S7 but was concerned over lack of Manufacturer size and especially when a Porsche dealer said the industry refers to the S7 as a 'kit car'. That does seem a little brutal to say! Plus, the TT S7's price seems extremely high compared to the Enzo or CGT.

I don't think the purchaser of any of these cars is 'only' buying it because it's the fastest car on the street. We bought them because we wanted cars with the greatest technology available today, the 'sexiest' style, the (hopefully) finest craftsmanship, the safest car to drive at high speeds when chosen to and the best and most honorable Manufacturer to stand behind their vehicle when and if there is ever a problem!

I say the following in a friendly mannner.... You kids are 'still wet behind your ears'. When I was your age, yeah, all I was concerned about was the fastest car on the street and I too would 'hot rod' my cars up to get them that way. In the end, I usually regretted goofing the car up. I always wished I had left them in their stock condition.

As you grow older and mature, you will see that most of the points I made above are more important 'in all' than just having the fastest car around. Michael

Old 04-13-2006, 01:35 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by magwheel
Therein lies the problem..... You three that are arguing over the Enzo v.s. CGT v.s. TT S7 are seemingly only worried about drag times.... I think. I could have possibly bought a S7 but was concerned over lack of Manufacturer size and especially when a Porsche dealer said the industry refers to the S7 as a 'kit car'. That does seem a little brutal to say! Plus, the TT S7's price seems extremely high compared to the Enzo or CGT.

I don't think the purchaser of any of these cars is 'only' buying it because it's the fastest car on the street. We bought them because we wanted cars with the greatest technology available today, the 'sexiest' style, the (hopefully) finest craftsmanship, the safest car to drive at high speeds when chosen to and the best and most honorable Manufacturer to stand behind their vehicle when and if there is ever a problem!

I say the following in a friendly mannner.... You kids are 'still wet behind your ears'. When I was your age, yeah, all I was concerned about was the fastest car on the street and I too would 'hot rod' my cars up to get them that way. In the end, I usually regretted goofing the car up. I always wished I had left them in their stock condition.

As you grow older and mature, you will see that most of the points I made above are more important 'in all' than just having the fastest car around. Michael
good insight...and WOW what a collection of cars

Old 04-13-2006, 03:38 AM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
I hear what you're saying, but all of my cars would at least have an air intake, an exhaust and a tune...just so the sound is more pleasurable and the tune will yeild more power with a better tune than from the factory...although the carerra gt's exhaust would undoubtly be stock...that is the best sounding production car ever.

David
Originally Posted by magwheel

Old 04-13-2006, 10:49 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
STi's are beasts. Love the car before its 2005? remake, just dont like the new grill. The thing is I want a RWD and that wouldnt work for me int erms of that. What made you choose the GTO over the others? I am leaning toward a G35 coupe myself.
the G was a bore to drive, lacked power and grunt

Old 04-13-2006, 12:06 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
the G was a bore to drive, lacked power and grunt
Did u drive it with 280 hp or 298? I drove it with the 280 and it was quick, not too fast, but now with 298 I hear it really moves, my dad is taking me out to test drive one this friday, so ill have to see how it compares to last time. I like the m3 but a 2004 with 10k miles on it for 50 grand isnt too appealing when a g35 coupe fully loaded MSRP is about 41 grand and then slap a supercharger on for like 7k and it will run circles around the current m3 and likely keep pace with the new 400 hp v8 theyre coming out with. I am also going to test out a Cayman S i think, just for fun.