Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Video: CGT on skid pad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:12 AM
icon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fayence
If that was me at the track, here's is what I'd say...

"I'll be the first to admit that I've got a long way to go. For me, going to the track as often as possible is the only way I'll learn these things. I'm pretty committed NOT to trying this stuff on public roads, so given that I can only try out drifting and those kinds of techniques every month or so, it will take me some time to master it -- especially in a GT. Nevertheless, learning is most of the fun!"
you are obviously taking the smart approach!
keep having fun with the learning process!

Old 04-19-2006, 12:09 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
Hey Fayence, if that was you, hypothetically, and you want to learn how to drift, it might be easier to get some cheap RWD car to master the basics. Also cheaper on the tires. See if you can pick up an AE86 corolla, or an old nissan 180 or 240sx. If you break something, it'll be cheaper to fix. Also, I have the drift bible on my computer at home, I can send it to you. It really helps getting the footwork down when you can see someone else do it.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:28 AM
CarreraGtRacer is infamous around these parts
faye...urgh...whoever that CGT driver was kickass! Good work fay...urgh CGT driver guy whoever u are.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
You know if it wasn't for the fact that you're 19, I would just tell you that you're a tool and be done with it. But having been 19 once myself I will tell you this. In 10 years, if you were able to look back at this comment......you would shake your head and wonder what you were thinking.......

I mean, come on. If I take this comment literally then professional race car drivers are the ONLY people that should be allowed to own fast cars...........sounds pretty stupid, huh?

Chris

Originally Posted by E36M
I just feel that cars such as the CGT should be in the hands of people that can drive them to their full potential.

I mean... you don't buy a CGT to learn how to drive.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:30 PM
ExtinctM3 has a spectacular aura aboutExtinctM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Turbochris
You know if it wasn't for the fact that you're 19,
I wouldn't give him so much credit..Even 12 or 13 year olds can get on the forums.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:13 AM
CarreraGtRacer is infamous around these parts
You know if it wasn't for the fact that you're 19, I would just tell you that you're a tool and be done with it. But having been 19 once myself I will tell you this. In 10 years, if you were able to look back at this comment......you would shake your head and wonder what you were thinking.......

I mean, come on. If I take this comment literally then professional race car drivers are the ONLY people that should be allowed to own fast cars...........sounds pretty stupid, huh?

Chris
Not all 18/19 year olds are immature

Old 04-21-2006, 12:25 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
yeah a fwe years ago when I was that age, I was instructing for the PCA....but for the most part 18 and 19 year olds still have a lot of growing up to do!

Old 04-22-2006, 05:44 PM
DancingBenzos is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ExtinctM3
I wouldn't give him so much credit..Even 12 or 13 year olds can get on the forums.
this coming from some one whos sig suggest everyone just get wasted??? yeah we are real mature arent we.

Old 04-22-2006, 05:49 PM
E36M is infamous around these parts

Chris
I didn't say a professional race car driver. It dosn't take a professional race car driver to control one of those cars. Maybe if only good drivers owned them I wouldn't look in the off topic every week to see "CGT Crash".

Last edited by E36M; 04-22-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
this coming from some one whos sig suggest everyone just get wasted??? yeah we are real mature arent we.
Sorry your so offended easily? Maybe once you have your first beer, you'd realize that it's all a joke...

Anyways, lots of cars crash daily...But when a supercar crashes it will make the news. That's the difference.

Old 04-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Sorry your so offended easily? Maybe once you have your first beer, you'd realize that it's all a joke...

Anyways, lots of cars crash daily...But when a supercar crashes it will make the news. That's the difference.
Look here rookie you dont want to go down that road of challenging me. Ive put many a rookie such as yourself to shame.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:36 PM
OK. I accept your challenge.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:46 PM
OK. I accept your challenge.
So its on then.

We going beer or liquor?

Old 04-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Why not both? Remember this is only a calm argument not a pissing contest.

Last edited by ExtinctM3; 04-23-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:03 PM
JasonJ is infamous around these parts
it's always fun taking a car into an open space to see what you feel comfortable doing.