Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

my GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:02 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
my GT2

I wanted to post a thread and just try to put into words what my car feels like after Todd and his skills have been tinkering with it.

I was very impressed with the way my stock (aside the exhaust) GT2 perfromed what with the raw and sometimes almost uncontrollable power and second gear rear end slide outs. Then I started talking to Markski and got bitten with the MORE POWER bug. Before I forget I have to publicly say THANK YOU to Mark for hooking me up with Todd at Protomotive, through him I learned the easy way and best possible way to get useable HP, I was lucky as he went down many roads trying this program doing this mod so yes I have had it pretty easy thanks to you Mark.
I took off my stock K24 turbos as well as my ECM and sent them to Todd in Arkansas, a week later the turbos and ECM along with a 5 Bar fuel pressure regulator a set of DV's, a Greddy boost controller along with custom made wastegate actuators arrived at my door. I will apologize for not taking any pictures as I was TOO eager to get the stuff back on the car and drive it.

Here is what Todd did to the snails, he stuffs some Mitsibushi 40lb 18G compressors which make them put out alot more air than stock K24's !
Along with the turbo work he installed some Actuators(dont know the name)and created a custom made bracket and operating rods to work with the K24 housing.
With that he created a ECM program specifically for that setup, not your run of the mill flash and badge deal, no sir.
I installed everything back together myself..... OK my brother who started working on Porsches back in 1977 helped out ALOT. The hardest thing is getting to the FP regulator as it is pretty hidden back there but when all obstacles are removed it was a snap, literally.
Running the wiring and hoses for the Boost controller was a bit fun to as I installed mine in the cubby underneath the CD storage as I like to have it handy and in view.
After we got the boost dialed in at 1.11 at pump fuel we did a few pulls from around 40 to 130mph (this was all done on a private road that I won in a little deserted village in Mexico).
Getting the rear end to slide around in second was no problem, but never expected it to slide around when I shiftted into third and nailed the gas again, MY GOD what a rush this car needs ALOT of room now as it just pulls and pulls and PULLS so strong it is borderline insane. I can imagine what you guys like VRALEXANDER, CRAIG, SHARKY feel like with your monster engines. I will get it dynoed as soon as Mark gets his beast back which should be an INSANE machine from what I have been told but will not disclose anything besides that.
I asked Todd what his estimates for Gross HP and he figured at around 600HP to the crank, I know alot of you are going to say PROVE IT and as wrote I WILL, dyno numbers dont mean that much to me I am not a race car driver nor tuner, seat of the pants tell me this thing is a MONSTER right now.
The Fabspeed exhaust system is going back on today as even though I love the straight pipe deal and sound I am swicthing back to the muffled system, solely for the fact that with the straight pipes this car gets TOO much attention from everyone on the road esp. Mr. Peace Officer.
Any way sorry for the long post just wanted to share my experience with my car and again want to thank Mark for the advice and help and also a BIG thank you to Todd at PROTOMOTIVE for his work, his customer relations sense and him answering all my questions even though some of them were real newbie, he also took the time to answer his email and phone whenever I needed him before the sale and after the sale. Todd, kudos to you and I will be contacting you soon as power is very intoxicating and you always want more. For right now I am real happy with what I got.

Bajo

Last edited by BBGT2; 04-19-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:31 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Erik@Cargraphic
Great post, sounds like your car is making some awesome power. looking forward to seeing the dyno numbers.
I want to here more about this:
(this was all done on a private road that I won in a little deserted village in Mexico).

how did you win it?

Oh its no biggie just lucky I guess.

Bajo

Old 04-19-2006, 11:42 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like a winner Bajo. Congratulations on getting the Protomotive treatment!

Old 04-19-2006, 11:56 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Congrats Bajo!

Old 04-19-2006, 12:41 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Bajo

Congrats. Protomotive GT2 sounds very imtimidating...
Keep it straight and don't lift.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:16 PM
VRAlexander

-Congrats

Old 04-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Bajo

Congrats. Protomotive GT2 sounds very imtimidating...
Keep it straight and don't lift.

Good one Thanks one and all !

Bajo

Old 04-19-2006, 09:20 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Wow Bajo, big congrats. Im jealous, you have the same exact setup i want to do to my turbo, a la Mark's input, he's the fuking man!!

Hmm i still wonder how your straight pipes sound ,and now upgraded jkjk

Be safe and enjoy that animal, take videos mannn!

Martin

Old 04-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Bajo,

You will def. have to be extra careful now with that beauty!

Be safe!

Oh yea, congrats!

Old 04-19-2006, 11:06 PM
scslite is infamous around these parts
Thanks for sharing your experience and congrats! Can't wait to see how it does on the dyno.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Thanks for all the wishes guys, seems the more I play with that Greddy the more fun this car gets.

Martin, honestly I dont miss the straights anymore, the fabspeed souns great at WOT. And yes sir Markski is Da Man, tremendous help he even offered to come and help me install everything but our schedules conflicted. I will probably see him next week so he can drive my car and give his impression of it and help me setup the Greddy as I think I am missing something.

Bajo

Old 04-20-2006, 12:11 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BBGT2
Thanks for all the wishes guys, seems the more I play with that Greddy the more fun this car gets.

Martin, honestly I dont miss the straights anymore, the fabspeed souns great at WOT. And yes sir Markski is Da Man, tremendous help he even offered to come and help me install everything but our schedules conflicted. I will probably see him next week so he can drive my car and give his impression of it and help me setup the Greddy as I think I am missing something.

Bajo
Oh shoot, why did you get rid of the straight's?? Yea Mark is truely the biggest help and a stand up guy, helped me alot and still continues to expand my knowledge

Old 04-20-2006, 12:38 AM
Martin, this is why the Fabspeed is back on,

Originally Posted by BBGT2
The Fabspeed exhaust system is going back on today as even though I love the straight pipe deal and sound I am swicthing back to the muffled system, solely for the fact that with the straight pipes this car gets TOO much attention from everyone on the road esp. Mr. Peace Officer.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Wanna sell the straight pipes? Yeah I TOTALLY know what you mean about mark.....I briefly discussed with him making my mods more efficient and came THIS close to actually calling him and getting exact details.......I had to stop and pull back as I am in the middle of a LARGE purchase for business (and in the middle of a VERY costly divorce) and need to wait a few months before spending more $$ on the Porsche........but his knowledge and willingness to help were awesome.....

but seriously........

wanna sell the straight pipes?

Chris

Old 04-20-2006, 10:32 AM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Congrats!! Mark is da man!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my GT2