Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Check out the C6 ZO6 w/removalable roof

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 03:51 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evsmotors
Holy crap you are right! I can't believe it uses leaf springs! LOL they use a fancy term to throw buyers off "Transverse Composite Springs"! haha

well it's not your typical leaf spring that we are use to on the old cars we've worked on. It's actually a pretty sound design.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:52 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dave@EFI
Funny how the people are so quick to dog the vette for using carry over parts from another GM car (albeit a lower model) when most manufacturers do the same including most of the euro high end manufacturers. Look how much Audi crap is carried over to lambo's cars including IT's flagship. Pot calling the kettle black.

hell Lambo uses the same ac vents that are in an acura RSX

Personally, after being behind the wheel of a Z06, I like the steering wheel, who cars if the malibu has the same one If that is what bothers you, then the Z is definatly not the car for you.

I also love how everyone is in such an uproar because a few roofs popped off, things will get fixed and chevy will handle it. Hmmmm, yet no one really throws a **** fit over Porsches RMS leaks and other problems. Reality is, no manufacturer has built a fail proof car, none ever will.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 04-21-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
I also love how everyone is in such an uproar because a few roofs popped off, things will get fixed and chevy will handle it. Hmmmm, yet no one really throws a **** fit over Porsches RMS leaks and other problems. Reality is, no manufacturer has built a fail proof car, none ever will.

Leaks are a little different than a car hurling its body panels into traffic. A leak could cause some inconvenience, while a roof flying off could cost someone their life.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Dave@EFI is infamous around these partsDave@EFI is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by evsmotors
Sure spending more money on the Boxster is justified. It is much better quality than any modern Corvette, you can compare them side by side. Even if its dog slow compared to the new Z06 I would pick the Boxster over the Vette any day. I rather have a quality built car and pay more for it or less in the case of Z06 versus Boxster. I will say the majority on this board understands what quality cars. I'm probably one of the most diverse guys on this board, just look at my cars and bikes. I've spent time in the seats of the C2's, C3's, C4's, C5's and C6 and know that they are not quality cars. If anything the C2 generation is my favorite. The C5 has POS leather, if you can even call it that. I don't even think its vinyl, probably just a thick layer of fake leather paint on top of a cloth seat.

Dave, I see that you ordered a 997 GT3, congrats on that! I promise you that the roof isn't glued on and won't fly off!

Thanks for the reinforcement on my GT3. I would like to point out that I am not arguing which car you would rather have/buy. Nor am I arguing which car is better built. I am simply pointing out the fact, that demeaning a car/manufacturer based on the fact that it uses carry over parts is laughable. You're stating your opinion while I am stating fact not sure if we'll be able to come to common ground.

Aloha, Dave

Old 04-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
That's BS. It does us a transverse composite leaf spring and it works great.

Wasn't P using torsion bars in the front until like ten years ago?

Old 04-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Josh
Leaks are a little different than a car hurling its body panels into traffic. A leak could cause some inconvenience, while a roof flying off could cost someone their life.
Reminds me of a member that decided to drop oil all over a freeway due to an RMS leak......sounds safe

Old 04-21-2006, 07:52 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Roof flyoff or any type of leakages can possibly lead to this..

Old 04-21-2006, 07:53 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
I can not believe people are defending GM and the new Z06 on this one. Yes it is fast, yes it performs well, but come on. What kind of ****ty carelessness is this? Apparently the C6 had the same issues and GM completely neglected the issue and put out a faster car that they damn well knew might have the same problem.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:28 PM
I defend any manufacturer that has problems but gets out and fixes them. If they don't fix them, then I have a problem. That's just me though

Old 04-21-2006, 10:56 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 9.grand
I tried to look past it but as I was looking a spinning piece of roof panel traveling 60mph cut my head off and killed me.
Touche.

Hopefully this is a freak thing and wont be an incurrence for any other C6s

Old 04-21-2006, 11:03 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9.grand
They use glue because you can't weld whatever material it's made of. There are cars with carbon fiber roofs that are fixed with adhesives, too. But I'd say more care went into making sure they don't fly off at 60mph.
Yea, but they also cna use rivets for the roof! Either way your right though, sucks this happened and like another member said, hope its a freak thing. This car is great IMO, sucks there are going to be some issues.

Anyone know if cooling problems have happened with the brakes yet? I knew they used what, the passenger side rotors for the drivers side also to cut costs, the veins point in the wrong direction, hmm.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
If you read the thread posted, this has happened on 40 different other C6 already. There is a recall for the C6 vette on the roof.

Originally Posted by alexWS6
Touche.

Hopefully this is a freak thing and wont be an incurrence for any other C6s

Old 04-22-2006, 01:28 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
EVS the way that pic was cropped i thought it was taken on highway six right at 59 across from the flour daniel building.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:08 PM
tweek is infamous around these parts
You dont see any other manufacturers suffering in sales because of this ****. GM needs to turn it around or I'll never buy one of their vehicles.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:14 PM
O4 GT3
Vader13 has a spectacular aura aboutVader13 has a spectacular aura about
Seats in C6 ZO6

zipper seat covers.

Carpet

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Check out the C6 ZO6 w/removalable roof