Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

McLaren F1 for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 03:40 AM
Peloton25 is infamous around these parts
Sounds like Larry should have done his homework as there are some incredibly fast Supras in the world. The F1 is no track star when it comes to the 1/4 mile either. Even with a 315/45 tire in the rear, maintaining traction under heavy acceleration in the first two gears can be a tough thing to manage for even a good driver.

I'm kind of glad that Ellison sold his F1 as it's always been my impression that he owned the car as a symbol of his wealth and not because he was truly passionate about it.

I was told that the new owner of Ellison's F1 is a man named Joseph Lacob btw. I haven't been able to verify that yet, but it's probably factual based on the source.

>8^)
ER

Old 06-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Banned
lithium is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Sounds like Larry should have done his homework as there are some incredibly fast Supras in the world. The F1 is no track star when it comes to the 1/4 mile either. Even with a 315/45 tire in the rear, maintaining traction under heavy acceleration in the first two gears can be a tough thing to manage for even a good driver.

I'm kind of glad that Ellison sold his F1 as it's always been my impression that he owned the car as a symbol of his wealth and not because he was truly passionate about it.

I was told that the new owner of Ellison's F1 is a man named Joseph Lacob btw. I haven't been able to verify that yet, but it's probably factual based on the source.

>8^)
ER
Larrys ego is bigger than Texas, he talked smack for an hour before the race saying that nothing can beat his F1 because "its the fastest car in the world" and he paid over a million Cash for it, blah blah blah. He wanted to buy a MiG29 also and import it from Russia but customs would not allow it.

Old 06-18-2006, 05:28 PM
dr_sharp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lithium
Larrys ego is bigger than Texas, he talked smack for an hour before the race saying that nothing can beat his F1 because "its the fastest car in the world" and he paid over a million Cash for it, blah blah blah. He wanted to buy a MiG29 also and import it from Russia but customs would not allow it.
Lol.. I can't imagine how the supra owner felt at the time... that's probably the sort of thing that he lives for. People like the "larry" you have described are exactly the kind of people that need a good spanking every now and again

Old 06-20-2006, 03:03 PM
SK90077 is infamous around these parts
Its a modded car. totally different animal

Elison is one of my heroes. His ego is part of his success

Old 06-24-2006, 11:26 PM
Japanese Exotic ;)
Curtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to behold
was it this supra?

its the only supra in the bay area that i believe could easily walk an f1.

pm me the answer if you dont mind.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:00 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
That's a beautiful car. But I can think of several Supras in Arkansas that could walk an F1 all day long in the 1/4. I assume the Bay Area has more than its share.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:23 AM
supercup is infamous around these parts
This has been interesting reading. I just pulled out some old photos from the FIA Race at Laguna Seca and there was a whole host of F1's racing, unfortunatley by then the Mercedes had taken over the top spots. 1998 or 1999 I believe.

JCM

Old 06-25-2006, 01:12 AM
Japanese Exotic ;)
Curtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
That's a beautiful car. But I can think of several Supras in Arkansas that could walk an F1 all day long in the 1/4. I assume the Bay Area has more than its share.
honestly you'd think that, but for some reason there's not a lot of monster supras in the bay as you'd think, the ones that race or would actually race for that kind of money are usually the svb guys , there's another guy by the name of silvino that puts some solid numbers down too but he's slower than the aforementioned supra. who knows, their could be some low key guys but generally speaking not a lot of 700rwhp+ supras in the bay

Old 06-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Curtis@MD
was it this supra?

pm me the answer if you dont mind.
Very good. The madman supra former T88 now owned by Alex on this forum and MUCH MUCH faster. The race was several years ago now there are a lot faster cars, but back then this SVB car was the ****. Any well tuned single-turbo supra should beat an f1 in a straight line.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Peloton25 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by supercup
This has been interesting reading. I just pulled out some old photos from the FIA Race at Laguna Seca and there was a whole host of F1's racing, unfortunatley by then the Mercedes had taken over the top spots. 1998 or 1999 I believe.

JCM
1997 was the year and there were 6 F1s there competing that weekend. I was there as well with a group of friends and the race was definitely worth the trip from LA.

JJ Lehto and Steve Soper in the #8 FINA car were actually neck and neck in the points for the overall championship with Bernd Schneider and Klaus Ludwig who were driving one of the CLK-GTRs going into the last race of the season at Laguna. They could have tied up the championship at the previous race at Sebring, but after qualifying 1st they finished way down in 12th place spending about 40 minutes in the garage with a problem and Schneider/Ludwig took the top step of the podium. In the final race of the season Lehto's F1 GTR had problems again - completing only 12 laps before retiring from the race, giving the championship to Schneider and Ludwig who again drove a perfect race and took 1st place.

The 1998 FIA GT season was when the CLK-GTRs really took over. Porsche had also managed to get their 911 GT1 program on track for success by that point leaving single F1 GTR that soldiered on to achieve no better than 5th place at any of the races it competed in.

>8^)
ER

Old 06-25-2006, 06:00 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Peloton 25

That was the race! I have a bunch of photos of the cars. My wife and I were in the pits early on Saturday and by the Mercedes transport, but keeping a distance out out or respect for the guys thrashing on the cars, even though they did not have the ropes up yet. People kept walking in right next to the cars and the mechanics kept chasing them out. Then they brought out the ropes. One of the mechanics thanked us for respecting their space. A few minutes later he pointed to us and the team manager came over and asked us in and gave us a complete tour. They let my wife get in the car for a few photos and gave us hats and sent us on our way. We never mentioned we were routing for the Fina cars, but we appreciated the gesture.

JCM

Old 06-25-2006, 07:02 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by dr_sharp
Lol.. I can't imagine how the supra owner felt at the time... that's probably the sort of thing that he lives for. People like the "larry" you have described are exactly the kind of people that need a good spanking every now and again
Someone should ask him about the Black 993 turbo encounter on 92/East at 101/South ....he did not lift on the F1 up to Holly street/ San Carlos Airport (we where at 210MPH)....that was a fun run.....but somewhat embarrassing for a F1 owner!
Attachment 36030

Curtis@MD-
Nice Photo ...If everything goes as planned, she should be on the road within 45days!

Last edited by VRAlexander; 04-04-2007 at 04:15 AM.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Someone should ask him about the Black 993 turbo encounter on 92/East at 101/South ....he did not lift on the F1 up to Holly street/ San Carlos Airport (we where at 210MPH)....that was a fun run.....but somewhat embarrassing for a F1 owner!
Attachment 36030

Curtis@MD-
Nice Photo ...If everything goes as planned, she should be on the road within 45days!
lol alex you own 2 cars that spanked larry now

Old 06-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Japanese Exotic ;)
Very good. The madman supra former T88 now owned by Alex on this forum and MUCH MUCH faster. The race was several years ago now there are a lot faster cars, but back then this SVB car was the ****. Any well tuned single-turbo supra should beat an f1 in a straight line.
some people are f1 trivia nuts,

me, myself... i entertain myself w useless supra tidbits

alex, what new toys is the car debuting with now?

Old 06-27-2006, 01:00 PM
VRAlexander
lithium-
Thanks- Attachment 36140

Originally Posted by Curtis@MD
alex, what new toys is the car debuting with now?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=46670

Last edited by VRAlexander; 12-22-2006 at 10:47 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: McLaren F1 for sale