Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

McLaren F1 for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 09:36 PM
TraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of light
i thought 1.6 is walking around money for you guys

Old 05-24-2006, 07:22 AM
Alexs '05 is infamous around these parts
Is this the same one?

Link

- edit -
nevermind...i guess the one for sale is in atlanta and the one above is in california

Old 05-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Peloton25 is infamous around these parts
That's chassis #028 - formerly owned by Cliff Meltzer in the bay area. It was sold through SVAG for just a hair over $1.8M to someone in the Orange County, CA area who to this point remains nameless. Nice to see that person is actually using the car though. Someone from Symbollic Motocars in LaJolla who delivered the car after some minor paintwork mentioned that the new owner of the car is rather private and it was unlikely that the car would be seen with the frequency it had been before.

>8^)
ER

Old 05-24-2006, 11:07 AM
supercup is infamous around these parts
I was in Atlata today and stopped by and saw the Orange F1. 25,000 miles per the saleman - $300K in recipts for service completed on the car over its life. Started new in Germany and came to US to current owner from there. Car was in nice shape, but showed the milage versus some other low milage examples I have seen.

The Enzo was immaculate, as new. Asking $1.3 million - seems like a nice example for someone looking for an Enzo.

JCM

Old 05-24-2006, 11:20 AM
CarreraGtRacer is infamous around these parts
Peloton25 is actually Gordon Murray for those of you that don't know...

Old 05-24-2006, 11:31 AM
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CarreraGtRacer
Are you serious?

Old 05-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bradb1us
Are you serious?
Yep. His McLaren is so fast, he drives it around the world to go back in time hence why he is still 30 years old.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:56 AM
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Life Dies
Yep. His McLaren is so fast, he drives it around the world to go back in time hence why he is still 30 years old.
lol

Silly me!

Old 05-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by CarreraGtRacer
Stop spreading rumors...

>8^)
ER

Old 05-24-2006, 01:11 PM
twintiger32 is infamous around these parts
there must be at least 4 mclaren f1's in the bay area. i recall seeing one near stanford mall (palo alto)...it was beigish/greyish a few years back.

There's also a blue one that i've seen pictures of.

Then the yellow one at SVAG.

Last one would be one discussed in this thread.

I wonder how many are in cali?

Old 05-24-2006, 01:19 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Peloton25
That's chassis #028 - formerly owned by Cliff Meltzer in the bay area. It was sold through SVAG for just a hair over $1.8M to someone in the Orange County, CA area who to this point remains nameless. Nice to see that person is actually using the car though. Someone from Symbollic Motocars in LaJolla who delivered the car after some minor paintwork mentioned that the new owner of the car is rather private and it was unlikely that the car would be seen with the frequency it had been before.

>8^)
ER
i can't tell in the pic if it's orange or not but if so i've seen the car a few times, he use to go down to Crystal Cove

Old 05-24-2006, 02:35 PM
SK90077 is infamous around these parts
I think is worth the money. how often do you get that oppertunity to buy such a car. ive been deprest since lastnight

Old 05-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by twintiger32
there must be at least 4 mclaren f1's in the bay area. i recall seeing one near stanford mall (palo alto)...it was beigish/greyish a few years back.
That was chassis #045 and was owned by Seth Neimann. This car was sold in 2004 and now belongs to Gary Schaevitz in New York.

There's also a blue one that i've seen pictures of.
That's XP4, the 4th road car prototoype, owned by Larry Blair who lives in the San Jose area.

Then the yellow one at SVAG.
This car originally belonged to the Sultan of Brunei. It came to the USA after a stop in the UK at McLaren for a mild refresh and was Gary Schaevitz' first F1. The car still has "issues" brought on by it's original owner that were not resolved during the refresh and it will likely never sell for the price that SVAG wants for it. It should be there a while unless they can find someone with deep pockets that loves the #014 (it's chassis number) or really likes the color yellow and has money to throw around. I haven't seen it in person yet but I hear the car needs some paint work, is missing some of the items that are normally included with the car, and has not received any of the updates other F1s have had that sell for the price SVAG is asking.

I wonder how many are in cali?
Larry Ellison's F1 is still here in CA, though it was sold to someone else this year. I have the new owner's name somewhere but can't remember it off the top of my head. It stayed local to the bay area when it was sold - Larry had it in a plane hangar in Atherton and claimed he hardly ever drove the car. Rumor has it that the car was traded during the purchase of an Enzo that was given to his son as a graduation present. (Must be nice ) It is chassis #062 and is silver/black.

Elon Musk owns chassis #067 and lives in Bel Air, CA. He commutes to his office in El Segundo in the F1 about once a week I am told. He was the former CEO of PayPal, but now runs a company called SpaceX. That car is also silver/black.

Jay Leno owns chassis #015 and keeps it in one of his garages in Burbank, CA near the airport. The car is black/black with a red stripe on the vent line of the door.

The last CA car I'm aware of in CA is #028 and as mentioned above, it's new owner remains a mystery. Should be in the Newport/LaJolla area.

Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
i can't tell in the pic if it's orange or not but if so i've seen the car a few times, he use to go down to Crystal Cove
The car in the Exotic Spotter photo is actually red, and to my knowledge has never been to Crystal Cove. It only moved that area late last year. It would be great if the new owner would show up there one weekend with the car.

>8^)
ER

Old 05-24-2006, 04:08 PM
SK90077 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Peloton25
That was chassis #045 and was owned by Seth Neimann. This car was sold in 2004 and now belongs to Gary Schaevitz in New York.

That's XP4, the 4th road car prototoype, owned by Larry Blair who lives in the San Jose area.

This car originally belonged to the Sultan of Brunei. It came to the USA after a stop in the UK at McLaren for a mild refresh and was Gary Schaevitz' first F1. The car still has "issues" brought on by it's original owner that were not resolved during the refresh and it will likely never sell for the price that SVAG wants for it. It should be there a while unless they can find someone with deep pockets that loves the #014 (it's chassis number) or really likes the color yellow and has money to throw around. I haven't seen it in person yet but I hear the car needs some paint work, is missing some of the items that are normally included with the car, and has not received any of the updates other F1s have had that sell for the price SVAG is asking.

Larry Ellison's F1 is still here in CA, though it was sold to someone else this year. I have the new owner's name somewhere but can't remember it off the top of my head. It stayed local to the bay area when it was sold - Larry had it in a plane hangar in Atherton and claimed he hardly ever drove the car. Rumor has it that the car was traded during the purchase of an Enzo that was given to his son as a graduation present. (Must be nice ) It is chassis #062 and is silver/black.

Elon Musk owns chassis #067 and lives in Bel Air, CA. He commutes to his office in El Segundo in the F1 about once a week I am told. He was the former CEO of PayPal, but now runs a company called SpaceX. That car is also silver/black.

Jay Leno owns chassis #015 and keeps it in one of his garages in Burbank, CA near the airport. The car is black/black with a red stripe on the vent line of the door.

The last CA car I'm aware of in CA is #028 and as mentioned above, it's new owner remains a mystery. Should be in the Newport/LaJolla area.

The car in the Exotic Spotter photo is actually red, and to my knowledge has never been to Crystal Cove. It only moved that area late last year. It would be great if the new owner would show up there one weekend with the car.

>8^)
ER
good info as always. so how many are in the us?

Old 05-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Somewhere between 20 and 30 now - it's actually hard to keep track. There are at least 4 F1 GTRs here and then the LM that now belongs to Ralph Lauren.

>8^)
ER

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: McLaren F1 for sale