Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

McLaren F1 for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 05:18 PM
ExtinctM3 has a spectacular aura aboutExtinctM3 has a spectacular aura about
Excuse me Mr. Peloton but why do you know all this? You know every owner and every chasis ever built... Seems like a lot of time spent researching this stuff. I'm just curious not try to be rude.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Peloton25,

1) Does the factory in Woking have a private collection of all the F1 variations they made? Or no?

2) So Lauren has the only LM in the US?

3) Any idea what the Okamoto collection in Japan has in regard to F1's?

Thank you. I've read your posts on the other board and you my friend are insane. I mean that in a good way.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Peloton25 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ExtinctM3
Excuse me Mr. Peloton but why do you know all this? You know every owner and every chasis ever built... Seems like a lot of time spent researching this stuff. I'm just curious not try to be rude.
No problem - it's just a labor of love. Or you could call it wasting time, per your signature.

Originally Posted by Phoenix
Peloton25,

1) Does the factory in Woking have a private collection of all the F1 variations they made? Or no?
They used to have a sampling on display at the new McLaren Technology Center, and there were plans for a public museum at that site featuring all the cars. Unfortunately in the past two years some of the cars that seemed to be headed for that museum have vanished from the MTC and have possibly been sold. They still have XP5 (the 240mph record setting F1 road car) and XP1 LM (the LM prototype) but missing is the LeMans winning GTR #01R and the F1 GT prototype (56XPGT) which were there when the location opened. From time to time there has been a longtail Gulf GTR on display at the MTC as well, but that may belong to someone like Ron Dennis or have been on loan or in long term storage from a customer.

2) So Lauren has the only LM in the US?
Yes, as far as I know. It is chassis LM3 and was formerly owned by Frank Selldorff of Massachusetts. Prior to Selldorff, the car was in the UK and was owned by David Morrison. I'm fairly certain that's the only LM to have changed hands since new with 3 of them (LM1, LM4 & LM5) still locked up in Brunei.

3) Any idea what the Okamoto collection in Japan has in regard to F1's?
I believe the only F1 in Shin Okamoto's collection is a white road car that is strongly believed to be chassis #031.

There is another collector in Japan you may be thinking of who has had at least 5 McLarens of varying types at different points in time which he keeps in a somewhat private museum, but much like the McLaren factory some of his cars have been disappearing lately too.

There was a spread in the Japanese Rosso magazine showcasing his F1s when he had #053 (the other white road car), LM2 (an orange LM), 58F1GT (the burgundy F1 GT longtail road car) the #60 LARK F1 GTR (chassis #13R). GTR #13R was sold to Maranello Motorsport in Australia over a year ago who turned it around rather quickly and sold the car to someone in Europe. The white F1 road car was offered for sale at $1.7M, but in recent photos has still been in the museum along with LM2. The F1 GT has disappeared as well, with no word on where it may have ended up. I believe he was also the original owner of chassis #018 through the mid-'90s, which at the time was blue, but has seen a major refit at the hands of a later owner. The museum is called the ZAZ Museum for ZENT Amusement Zone, and the owner's last name is supposed to be Tsuzuki, however I haven't been able to solidly confirm that.

Thank you. I've read your posts on the other board and you my friend are insane. I mean that in a good way.
I'll take that as a compliment - thanks.

>8^)
ER

Old 05-24-2006, 06:01 PM
icon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ExtinctM3
first time you have seen this?
check out f-chat!
some of those guys know every vin for every enzo (among other models) and the owner!
i would think he does it because he enjoys the research and possibly to maintain a register of f1 cars and owners?
edit: well he answered for himself!

Old 05-24-2006, 06:07 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
The dealership has also listed the car on Ebay in case anyone has a few million hiding in their PayPal account that they don't know what to do with:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4642981736

>8^)
ER

Any info on this yellow beauty

Old 05-24-2006, 06:09 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by vincentdds

Wow, Thats one of the hottest colour for the F1 Mclaren

Old 05-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds

That's chassis #014 that was mentioned on the previous page:

Originally Posted by Peloton25
This car originally belonged to the Sultan of Brunei. It came to the USA after a stop in the UK at McLaren for a mild refresh and was Gary Schaevitz' first F1. The car still has "issues" brought on by it's original owner that were not resolved during the refresh and it will likely never sell for the price that SVAG wants for it. It should be there a while unless they can find someone with deep pockets that loves the #014 (it's chassis number) or really likes the color yellow and has money to throw around. I haven't seen it in person yet but I hear the car needs some paint work, is missing some of the items that are normally included with the car, and has not received any of the updates other F1s have had that sell for the price SVAG is asking.
Last I heard SVAG's asking price is still in the $1.8M range on that car. Just before they purchased this yellow F1 from Mr Schaevitz they had bought the red F1 #028 from Cliff Meltzer. They were able to sell that red car in about 2 weeks for a reported $1.825M. Comparitively, chassis #028 was in almost perfect shape, had many of the updates that McLaren has developed for the F1 and was also a 50-state legal car. I think the quick turnaround of that F1 for such a high price gave them a false sense of the market on F1s.

Chassis #014 is at a much different end of the spectrum when it comes to F1s and should be priced accordingly - maybe in the $1.4M-$1.5M range at best, and even that could be too high. I think SVAG probably paid at least that much for the car if not more and now seem to be stuck with it. They've had it sitting there since November 2005, but maybe they aren't hurting to get rid of it. It was listed on Ebay once and received a bunch of bogus bids. I can't speak to whether they have had any serious customers on it, but the fact that it's still sitting there doesn't bode well.

>8^)
ER

Old 05-24-2006, 06:40 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like see a pic of the blue one own by Larry Blair .

Old 05-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Here's a few I had handy of it in the paddock and on track at Laguna Seca:

Name:  853882-img_2590_md.jpg
Views: 2424
Size:  85.1 KB

Name:  853883-img_2588_md.jpg
Views: 2334
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  853885-img_2586_md.jpg
Views: 2617
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  853888-img_8980_md.jpg
Views: 2512
Size:  55.8 KB

Name:  853890-img_9222_md.jpg
Views: 2660
Size:  49.5 KB

Here's a couple of beauty shots - clickable for hires. The second one was taken in front of Seneca Lake in NY:

>8^)
ER

Old 05-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Peloton25

Thanks for the great infos on these cars. What are the sizes of the wheels and tires. The rear looks skinny for a 600+hp car. BTW, what other cars do you have interests in besides the F1.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:49 PM
You're quite welcome.

The stock wheels and tires on an F1 are: F=235/45ZR17 & R=315/45ZR17

I am interested in lots of other cars (mostly exotics, but I do regular cars too), however none to the level of the F1. In fact the only other cars I really keep track of like this are the 3 F50 GTs, but that is obviously much easier since two are still with their original owners and the 3rd one has floated around rather publicly since it was built.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 05-24-2006 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Les Quam is infamous around these parts
Can someone please explain the different McClarens that were built? For example I have never heard of a LM McClaren what are the differences?

Old 05-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I have one for you taken 1 year ago in Boston. You should know this car VERY well!

Attached Images   

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 05-24-2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Peloton25,

Thanks for answering the questions I had.

I have a few more and would appreciate it if you would be able answer these as well.

1) Do you know if this Mr. Tsuzuki still has LM2?

2) How do you know that LM1, LM4 & LM5 are in the Sultan's collection? Were pictures of it ever released? I am positively sure the answer to that is a resounding no.

3) How many F1 GTR Longtail's were built? Any idea of their locations or owners?

4) Also any info on the F1 in the pic I attached below?

I got the pic from this thread.....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t=32723&page=3

User 03-turbo911 said as follows....

Here's another friend's McLaren F1 GTR. One of two F1's in Bahrain. The other is stock but this one's been a race car that was converted by McLaren to be, somewhat, street legal. This picture has been shot in the Bahrain International Curcuit as well during one of the events there.
Thank you very much!

Last edited by Phoenix; 04-07-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:20 PM
ExtinctM3 has a spectacular aura aboutExtinctM3 has a spectacular aura about
Figured I would throw some pics up. Don't know where I got them, prob. on here... I love this color too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: McLaren F1 for sale