GT2 bad limited slip (differential)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Which uprights did you go with?

Old 06-19-2006, 01:11 PM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
Just checked my 3200 mile 03... no problem here

Old 06-19-2006, 01:46 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Hamann7
Which uprights did you go with?
Porsche Motorsport to flatten out the lower controls arms and reduce bumpsteer

Old 06-19-2006, 03:15 PM
NMEX is infamous around these parts
well here is a fact for you guys. I don't have a gt2 but I have a gt3. last week my diff died on me at 10k 90% of these miles have been at the track. knowing that the dif is a problem on the gt3 I went and bought a diff ftom a friend that came out of a 993 RSR diff never used and built by motorsport ( or at list oem) well guess what the diff on my 05 gt3 and the RSR are excatly the same. n0diference at all so what ever you do my sugestion is have yours rebuilt with motorspot parts about 600 and they can pull it without droping the trany. took my mechanic 30 min to pull it out and about 3 hrs to put it all back together (is a B #$$%^) to put all back in or at list that is what he told me. I am sending my bad LSD to gard to getrebuilt and set 40/60 . lets see how lond these LSD lasts. Also make sure they top your trani with mobil shc oil.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Porsche Fiend
Originally Posted by vipertestarossa
Porsche Motorsport to flatten out the lower controls arms and reduce bumpsteer
Sorry, I wasn't specific: Cup, RS, RSR?

Old 06-20-2006, 11:07 AM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Hamann7
Sorry, I wasn't specific: Cup, RS, RSR?
RS........

Old 06-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Porsche Fiend
Nice... I'd love to hear your feedback on the handling since you now have improved geometry amongst other things. Are these the hollow magnesium ones used on the RS street car or the aluminium ones on the GT3-RS race car?

Either way, your car is gonna kick some serious ***.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Tyson...

They are the alum. pieces
With the diff being faulty at the moment the handling is gretly compromised so I will provide some feedback after I rectify that situation
It is a shame that Porsche sets up the GT2 with inherent bumpsteer!!!!

Old 06-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Porsche Fiend
Yes, but the suspension changes you have made which revise the geometry specifically for the lowered ride height in combination with Cary's monoball links should eliminate the bumpsteer?

As for the diff being faulty, like I said, most of the GT3 guys have either gone with a rebuilt one with Guard internals, a full Guard diff, or the GT3 Cup one. Think of it this way, it's just another great excuse to upgrade the car anyway, and any of those units will be far superior to the POS stock one anyway!

Old 06-20-2006, 08:39 PM
[quote=Hamann7]Yes, but the suspension changes you have made which revise the geometry specifically for the lowered ride height in combination with Cary's monoball links should eliminate the bumpsteer?

Yes that was always my main concern...the bumpsteer issue, it will be eliminated

Old 06-20-2006, 08:44 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Excuse my ignorance. But what's bumpsteering?

Old 06-20-2006, 08:53 PM
bumpsteer is when the suspension is steering the car... not the driver, caused by a change in toe angle when the suspension moves up or down especially over bumps

Old 06-20-2006, 08:56 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Got it guru.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
The LSD failure on GT2's is very common- 7 cars in the last year..
1 at the dealer now still under warranty ....

Most cars are falling out of warranty so its the dealers discreation to repair or not-...
We do offer an update with revised clutch packs to fix the problem and add a some more lock- while still maintaing street driveability.

Most of our GT2 customers are having the gearsets revised 3-4 5th to make the car a little faster out of the corners

For more info please email me directly- you can ship us the gearbox if needed and we can do the bench work.

Easy way to tell without jacking the car up and spinning the wheel-
Put the car in reverse turn steering wheel 1/4 turn, start to back up on a smooth surface about 5 mph - If you here chatter or snap crackle pop - Its time for a new diff..........

Old 06-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Fabryce,

You have e mail...I sent it to sales@gmg

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 bad limited slip (differential)