Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT2 bad limited slip (differential)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Got it--Thx

Old 06-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Steve B in SD is infamous around these parts
isn't lsd chatter normal in GT3's?

mine makes noise under acceleration & deceleration in corners, and has a slight noise/chatter when not backing straight. I had the dealer check it out just to be sure, he said it was characteristic and perfectly normal.
Was he b.s.ing me?

Old 06-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Steve-

I'd say that its not supposed to do that.

Old 06-21-2006, 04:06 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Steve-

I'd say that its not supposed to do that.
I second that

Old 06-21-2006, 04:07 PM
Steve B in SD is infamous around these parts
Is any noise normal, or, should the rear end be silent?
I bought the car with 5000 miles on it, had it checked out by the dealer and specifically asked if the differential noise was normal. They said the GT3 diff is inherently noisy due to the design, which I said is fine as long as it's normal. The point was I didn't want to ignore a noise that indicated a potential problem.

He also said my engine is quieter than most he's heard.... not sure what that means.

Old 06-21-2006, 04:12 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Steve,

Jack up the rear of your car and spin 1 tire...if the other side does not move and it feels like there is no resistance than there is a problem
Do you have a GT2 or 3?

Old 06-21-2006, 06:27 PM
john revis is infamous around these parts
I just checked mine, and when jacked there is no resistance and the opposite wheel doesn't turn. On backing up, however, there isn't the noise. Mine has 3900 on the clock, and it's still under warranty, but is the stock unit just as likely to fail? By the way, thanks for alerting us.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:55 PM
flynduc is infamous around these parts
bump steer

Is it caused by the suspension being set too stiff or is there any parts that can be installed to correct bumpsteer?

Originally Posted by vipertestarossa
bumpsteer is when the suspension is steering the car... not the driver, caused by a change in toe angle when the suspension moves up or down especially over bumps

Old 06-24-2006, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by flynduc
Is it caused by the suspension being set too stiff or is there any parts that can be installed to correct bumpsteer?
swapping steering knuckle uprights that lower the tie rod connecting points will reduce bumpsteer

Old 06-24-2006, 08:29 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
So it would be advisable to have Porsche check the LS on the GT2 that I am close to purchasing. Check that.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
So it would be advisable to have Porsche check the LS on the GT2 that I am close to purchasing. Check that.
Yes for sure...Porsche is aware of this problem

Old 06-25-2006, 12:31 AM
tme
tme is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vipertestarossa
swapping steering knuckle uprights that lower the tie rod connecting points will reduce bumpsteer
I thinx all them GT's got problems............... u shoulda stayed with that sexy TT u had or u would have been better off suffering with that Italian Biacht

Old 06-30-2006, 05:38 AM
john revis is infamous around these parts
Dealer states my LSD is fine. They even communicated with PNA and received a response as to what to check.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:17 AM
pulled my diff yesterday...on it's way to be overhauled and modified

Old 06-30-2006, 06:38 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
I had them check my '02 Gt2 4900 miles at the dealer before I made the deal. The other wheel spun. The tech said LSD was fine. Car will arrive around July 8th.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 bad limited slip (differential)