Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997GT3 vs 997TT vs Z06C6 vs M6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tiago
There are a few guys like me that put performance in first place. So when i'm searching for a car, my process is:
1. Make a list from the best to worst in performance,
2. Select the cars that i can afford,
3. And finally compare them.

The GT3 is what it suits me better of all P-cars, but what do i get in a GT3: a rought ride attached with the carbon backets (confort and daily driver is out), better status/unique car (once in europe the vettes are very rare, it has a better image here than in US), looking car, and some more tech (adjustable suspension). Hey, i'm a P-guy that like to destroy others cars but every time i saw a Z06 C6 i cross my eyes in the opposite direction!!! Seriously, i love the GT3 for is beauty and it must be a pleasure every time you start the ignition and take it for a ride, but the idea of buying such a expensive car and that there is out there another car that can give you better/silimar performance than a 997TT for less money of a GT3, it makes me thinking.
Actually the new 997 GT3 with the optional PASM will be an eminently more driveable car with "regular" and "sport" settings. As has already been reported in a few articles the ride on normal mode vs. the existing 996 GT3 is far better.

Out here in cali. I don't even look sideways at Vettes, Z06 or otherwise. Too many, too common.

It may not have the class or image of the Porsche, but it will eat both P cars for dinner on a hihgway roll.
Just curious on where you have seen this ? Despite the stated specs for the 997 TT, I have yet to see a head to head comparison of the two. And the one time they ran the 997 TT (with tiptronic) they ripped an astonoshing 3.2 sec. 11.4 1/4 mile, which puts it easily in the range, if not superior of the Z06. Of the new 997 GT3, that would be expected, given it's severe hp deficit, but the Turbo vs. the Z06 should be a very good match, especially given Porsche's usual "german" sized horses .