Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997GT3 vs 997TT vs Z06C6 vs M6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
997GT3 vs 997TT vs Z06C6 vs M6

................997GT3.vs.997TT.vs.Z06 C6.vs....M6

Power(PS):...415....vs....480..vs...512...vs....50 7
Weight(KG):.1395...vs...1600..vs..1450..vs...1760
0-100km/h:...4,3....vs....3,9...vs....3,9...vs....4,4
0-200km/h:..13,3....vs...12,5..vs...11,9..vs...12,8
Top speed:...310....vs....310..vs....320...vs...330

Can some one tell me the best and worst between them? It seems that the Z06 is best of all in performance. What do you don't get in the Z06 that the other cars offers?

Last edited by Tiago; 06-19-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:32 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tiago

Can some one tell me the best and worst between them? It seems that the Z06 is best of all in performance. What do you get in the Z06 that the other cars dont offer?
A bargain?

Seriously, it has a decent radio, NAV and has a pretty comfy ride for a supercar. Other than AWD and/or 30-50K premium its the real deal.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Rolo is infamous around these parts

Can some one tell me the best and worst between them? It seems that the Z06 is best of all in performance. What do you don't get in the Z06 that the other cars offers?

A sense of accomplishment. The comfort of knowing you don't own a Chevy, and your car will be running a long , long time.........and knowing you never have to wear a mullet

Old 06-19-2006, 09:01 PM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
What do you don't get in the Z06 that the other cars offers?
Objectively, not a lot. Performance-wise, nothing meaningful. Build-quality will favor the German cars. Resale will favor the German cars, but maybe not as much as it used to. Historically, a Corvette was a low-tech fast car. These days, there's some real tech in a C6 Z06.

Subjectively, though, it depends. Each of them will feel different going more or less the same speed. You'll feel something different with each of them every time you walk out to your garage. Essentially, with each car, you're paying a certain amount to get stereotyped a certain way. Buy whichever one makes you get goose-bumpy when you climb in it.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:03 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
serioulsy the C6Z06 is a hell of a car and it's built by Chevy's motorsport program not by the normal Chevy unmotivated line of assembly. As Pmac said, there's some serious tech going on in this car. Anyone that doesn't want to acknowledge the strengths of this car are doing the same thing that Porsche and Ferrari are doing, just keep ignorning and hope that it'll go away. In the mean time the Z06 has eclipsed performance of most cars in and above it's class. Honestly it shouldn't be compared to cars such as the GT3 or Turbo as they're both much more expensive, it should be compared with the regular Carrera as they're much more aligned in the prices, but that wouldn't be a fair comparison for Porsche now would it? I know some of you guys will want to say well atleast with the GT3 or TT atleast the top wont fly off, blah blah. That's a small incident that's isolated to a few vehicles and it's been addressed by the factory and really shouldn't be an issue. Me personally, I'd take a GT3 over one, but I do hope that their performance continues to improve because I never want Porsche to get tired of raising the bar. Complacency kills companies and I don't ever want Porsche to get complacent.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:00 AM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
I disagree. I think it's the exact opposite. You go in knowing that the price of a Porsche vs their eqaulvalent in the Chevy line will be roughly 2X the price. So the apt comparison is the 911 TT or GT3 vs. the Z06. You don't look at a Chrysler 300C, and compare it to a Mercedes C Class. You expect an E350 to be roughly 2X the price of a domestic car. Always has been, always will be (Porsche, MBZ, etc.)

Nobody is debating the technology/speed side of the equation. The Z06 is a hell of a car in all performance factors. In strictly performance numbers it is the best bang for the buck of the group. But a lot of times that is not the only thing people look at. The looks, the quality, the resale, the interior, the status are other factors that people look at. Interior on the Z06 is cheap, still, quality is still marginal. Porsche was recently rated #1 in quality by JD Powers, while GM was merely average. As usual it's seems that GM invested all their money on the outside (engine/chassis), and skimped on the interior.

I agree I wish Porsche would stop raping us with these stupid "S" models, and give us their best technology on their cars. The Carrera if it would have had the 355 hp 3.8L, or the upcoming Turbo with 525-550 hp slated for it's upcoming S model would be much more compelling, instead of charging us an extra $15K-20K. They need to react to the market, not continue to be complacent and doing the regular Porsche "bump" every few years.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:29 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Fanman, I totally agree about what you said about the "S" models, About the GM being marginal in quality, I agree wholeheartedly with that, however this isn't an average GM Product it's the car they poured a lot of eggs into and is being manufactured by the motorsport division, so I'm sure the quality is very good. However, you're probably right about the good quality being in the engine/chassis. The interior probably isn't that nice since it's shared with the regular vette and probably is lacking in certain qualities, but I don't know cause I've never driven or owned one. Interesting theory you have with the multiplier of 2x's pricing, in that case you're absolutely correct about which cars it should be compared with, just a little wierd to me. But then again, because of this, the Z06 usually wins a lot of the magazine comparisons even though they like the Porsche better, they choose the Z06 because it's a better bang for the buck. Me personally, I'd take a GT3 or TT over a Z06 in a heartbeat (No pun intended). But I just wanted to point out the Z06 bashers are bashing on a car based on it's past and not the present. The C6 Z06 is a vastly different car than its predecessor which was little more than a much modded Vette.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:51 AM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
Yeah, The Z06 definitely has a world class engine & chassis. There was a post here a little while back that had pictures showing the interior of the Z06, not to mention I have seen it up close & personal. Needless to say it was not flattering. Fabric for the seat back. The steering wheel is the same as that used in the Saturn Sky, bad reviews on the seats, etc.

I guess it's just 2 ways of looking at comparisons. There will be those people that always look strictly at the $ signs & $ for $ the Z06 vs. a Carrera as they are similarly priced. Performance for the $ just looks so much more compelling for the GM. I see this comparison all the time on the Vette, Mustang, Japanese car boards. But for a lot of people they go in with the expectation of paying 2X the price for similar performance. When was the last time you saw somebody go into a Mercedes dealership and complain their E Class cost 2X more than a 300C ? Or the guy go into a Ferrari dealership & complain that a 911TT/GT3 basically outperforms their 360/430 and demand a discount. Same basic cars/performance. But there is more to a car than hp. Just wonder why people always do that with the Porsche/Vette, but never do this with other cars.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:03 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Fanman
When was the last time you saw somebody go into a Mercedes dealership and complain their E Class cost 2X more than a 300C ? Or the guy go into a Ferrari dealership & complain that a 911TT/GT3 basically outperforms their 360/430 and demand a discount. Same basic cars/performance. But there is more to a car than hp. Just wonder why people always do that with the Porsche/Vette, but never do this with other cars.
There are a few guys like me that put performance in first place. So when i'm searching for a car, my process is:
1. Make a list from the best to worst in performance,
2. Select the cars that i can afford,
3. And finally compare them.

The GT3 is what it suits me better of all P-cars, but what do i get in a GT3: a rought ride attached with the carbon backets (confort and daily driver is out), better status/unique car (once in europe the vettes are very rare, it has a better image here than in US), looking car, and some more tech (adjustable suspension). Hey, i'm a P-guy that like to destroy others cars but every time i saw a Z06 C6 i cross my eyes in the opposite direction!!! Seriously, i love the GT3 for is beauty and it must be a pleasure every time you start the ignition and take it for a ride, but the idea of buying such a expensive car and that there is out there another car that can give you better/silimar performance than a 997TT for less money of a GT3, it makes me thinking.

Last edited by Tiago; 06-20-2006 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:34 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Say what you want but I love the GT3...would be my winner everytime!
Too much style...

Old 06-20-2006, 07:19 AM
And what about stunning cruzing speeds. One concern of the germans cars is the safety while cruzing at very high speeds (100-150mph). Is the Z06 C6 made for it too?

Old 06-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
The C6 Z06 is a winner, period. I have owned several Corvettes, a ZR1, two older Z06s and a 2004 coupe, a restored 65 and others. All were winners IMHO. I have owned or currently own many Porsches. My current GT3 is an exceptional car, but at $123,000.00 (new) I feel it was overpriced. For the money spent the Corvette cannot be beat.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
You don't get quality in the Z06 for sure, you get zippered seat covers, the back of the seats are covered in cheap leather like the front. Rear seat carpets are laid down versus being molded. Literally you can lift the carpet up with your fingers. You get a car that has over 30k of them recalled for flying hardtops! It is fast thought if thats all you care about.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:44 PM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
The new Z06 is an amazing machine for sure. It may not have the class or image of the Porsche, but it will eat both P cars for dinner on a hihgway roll. And boy, does it sound amazing. The thing that gets me out of all this is the M6. The car has been a complete dissapointment to me. Engine is great when you are pounding on it, but it lacks the torque for a fast everday driver, has no room for rear passangers, and is too heavy to be a great handler. I do not see how BMW can expect it to compete in this class of car.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:54 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
The bad thing about the Z06 is that is not very good to drive around roads...while in the track is perfect

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997GT3 vs 997TT vs Z06C6 vs M6