Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Kreis-seig GT3 F1 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 08:25 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
V,

remember a GT2 will sound different due to the turbo's muffling the exhaust sound somewhat and the GT3 also has a higher redline producing that wicked sound up top in the revs

Old 07-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Banned
Tso GT3 is infamous around these parts
That's why some of the people go with the titanium exhaust which gives more high pitch sound and hardness also lighter.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:01 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Here's an email from Kreissieg:

Thank you for your interests in Kreissieg performance products.
The weight of complete header-back system:
the SUS unit including the catalytic converters is: 52LBS
the Ti unit including the catalytic converters is: 38LBS

the power gain on F-1 mode is approx. 25 - 30 for GT2 vehicles.
also You can purchase the unit directly from us - no problem.
If you have any further questions about our products, please feel free
to give us a call at any time. Thank you again for your interests in
Kreissieg products.

Kreissieg North America
www.kreissiegusa.com
Tel: 630.787.1600
Fax: 630.787.1603

Old 07-29-2006, 01:23 PM
NJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud of
The GT3 system saves close to 30 lbs for the stainless steel version. 30% over the 75 lbs from the stock system. You reuse the headers. The Titanium system could save another 12 lbs.

Titanium has no place on the exhaust system. The GT3 engines generate a lot of heat, so chances for cracks are pretty high.

I'm into getting my car light, but I'm going with the Stainless Steel version.

The Porsche OEM switch for the PSE can be connected to the Kreissieg system.

The group buy price is so good, that the Europipe seems expensive.

The system comes with 4 holes for the oxygen sensors on the U.S. GT3 cars.

The stock GT3 exhaust is a total waste. I have so many rattling noises coming from underneath of my car. I just expend 2 hours checking the noises, and here are the results:

- Driver's side muffler loose inside. To fix this I either replace the unit, or open and weld the loose elements.
- Flange supporting the mufflers (both sides), rusted and making noises due to the two supporting plates being loose. I need new flanges.
- Factory Tips loose. I put 65 lbs of torque on the 17mm bolt that holds the tip, but nothing clamps the tip to the exhaust pipe, so it resonates anyway. I need new tips.

In my opinion, the Europipe and the Kreissieg are the highest quality exhausts available for the GT3. Every piece of the hardware is top quality, so I won't need to keep hunting for unwanted noises coming from underneath of my car.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:31 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
So it's pretty straight forward installation of the valvetronic system?

Old 07-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NMEX
Actualy there is a guy on the Group that I race with that has midify his with some of does motor cycle moflers ( the ones that have rings and a end cap) and probmen solved.
Can you post some pics of this?

I've been thinking of doing the same for tracks with noise restrictions.

Thanks.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough
Just some things to consider...

The titanium likely will not hold up to the heat stress of a turbo car. This has been discussed several times here.

The piping, from what has been reported on the Kreis seig is smaller diameter than stock for the turbo/GT2.

Kreis seig has had issues on some of their exhausts with the valves failing.

The valves should not be opened unless the car is properly warmed up or it can set off a CEL.

Old 07-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Weazel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Josh
Just some things to consider...

The titanium likely will not hold up to the heat stress of a turbo car. This has been discussed several times here.

The piping, from what has been reported on the Kreis seig is smaller diameter than stock for the turbo/GT2.

Kreis seig has had issues on some of their exhausts with the valves failing.

The valves should not be opened unless the car is properly warmed up or it can set off a CEL.
I can testify to that as well. Make sure the $XX,XXX amount of money you spend is worth it. Sound is not a piece of mind replacement for CEL's and performance. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:17 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Im always on Kreisseig's site listening to all clip's.. The GT3 sounds absolutely AMAZING, so does the 360's and 355's.. The turbo/GT2 will sound almost identical, only thing that might sound different is deepness, not tone. Sorry to say, but the Kresseig with valve fully open just sounds like straight pipe's for the turbo's from FVD/Fabspeed, no melodic f1 type sound, its the turbo's! Only turbo car that can achieve that, is the F40

Old 07-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by iLLM3
The turbo/GT2 will sound almost identical, only thing that might sound different is deepness, not tone.
No they won't at all. The sound, tone and volume is very different due to the turbos on the TT/GT2 and the high revving nature of the GT3. They have very different sounds.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:51 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
No they won't at all. The sound, tone and volume is very different due to the turbos on the TT/GT2 and the high revving nature of the GT3. They have very different sounds.
I agree...

Old 07-29-2006, 10:11 PM
SkyclsGT3 is infamous around these parts
On both of my cars GT3 and F430, I have no issues with check engine light with kreissieg systems whatsoever for past 8 months. I am absolutely happy with kreissieg units.

Old 07-29-2006, 10:18 PM
SkyclsGT3 is infamous around these parts
Yes, you are correct about that, I had a chance to hear one on turbo S, and it was not as high pitched sound as my GT3. Prolly because of the turbo, which dilutes the exhaust noise level, maybe.., also prolly the rpm difference makes the sound difference as well.

Old 07-30-2006, 01:19 AM
NJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud of
I have 1 1/2 years running FabSpeed cat bypass pipes on my car. No CEL at all.

I like the sound from the stock exhaust and the FabSpeed cat bypass pipes. However, my current configuration is quite loud, I prefer it even louder for track days, but quiet on the stree, hence my need for a dual system.

Titanium has no place on a 996TT, 996 GT3 or 996 GT2 exhaust. It might be ok for a 997S, 996 Carrera, Boxster, Cayman, etc.

Old 07-30-2006, 01:36 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
is it possible for sound to be sexy???? well this would be an example

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kreis-seig GT3 F1 Exhaust