Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

VIDEO: enzo vs CGT vs SLR vs Murci

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 06:19 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
You may want to see the CGTvs.Mclaren SLR and Masserati MC12

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...he+lamborghini

Love the CGT, especially in the tunnel!!! Gave me goose-bumps.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:43 PM
drunkenoldman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SmoothCab
You may want to see the CGTvs.Mclaren SLR and Masserati MC12

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...he+lamborghini

Love the CGT, especially in the tunnel!!! Gave me goose-bumps.
Nice video.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:51 AM
GT3 Kid is infamous around these parts
In my opinion the Mercedes just looks silly trying to go fast. It looks like they tried to recreate the bat mobile.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:28 AM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Kid
In my opinion the Mercedes just looks silly trying to go fast. It looks like they tried to recreate the bat mobile.
And you are truly entitled to your opinion... Welcome to the 6speed family, enjoy our stay with us..

Old 08-16-2006, 11:18 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
The ENZO is a race car with lights and a license plate..it is faster and very docile...however it is NOT practical in a real world app. The CGT is a phenominal car that is both a racer and can double as an everyday driver...they both share one issue.....NO STORAGE space for anything!....The big plus in my book on the CGT is that the top comes off and the open road feel is second to none! I have a 'mutual understanding' with the CGT..the car does like to get tail happy...however the driver input is so phenominal and I can anticipate an oversteer situation before it happens and make the proper adjustments..the car fits like a glove! I feel like I am 'one' with the car....in other words...I am driving the car....it is not driving me....One of my first experiences was at Willow Springs when the rear end of the car got out from under me at about 130MPH....my response was quick and the result was one of my best drifts around turn one that I have ever had!! I also like a 6-speed manual gear box over the F1 shifter...hope this helps answer your question..
The Carrera GT was a second faster than the Enzo around the track! That pretty much sums it up for me. I definately will own a Carrera GT some day!

Old 08-16-2006, 12:02 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
The ENZO is a race car with lights and a license plate..it is faster and very docile...however it is NOT practical in a real world app. The CGT is a phenominal car that is both a racer and can double as an everyday driver...they both share one issue.....NO STORAGE space for anything!....The big plus in my book on the CGT is that the top comes off and the open road feel is second to none! I have a 'mutual understanding' with the CGT..the car does like to get tail happy...however the driver input is so phenominal and I can anticipate an oversteer situation before it happens and make the proper adjustments..the car fits like a glove! I feel like I am 'one' with the car....in other words...I am driving the car....it is not driving me....One of my first experiences was at Willow Springs when the rear end of the car got out from under me at about 130MPH....my response was quick and the result was one of my best drifts around turn one that I have ever had!! I also like a 6-speed manual gear box over the F1 shifter...hope this helps answer your question..
They let you on Willow in essentially a Cab.? Was having the hard top on enough to dispense with their requirement of roll bars?

Old 08-16-2006, 12:14 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by nberry
They let you on Willow in essentially a Cab.? Was having the hard top on enough to dispense with their requirement of roll bars?
When you rent the entire track for the day....you make the rules...

Old 08-16-2006, 04:20 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Awesome video!!

Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:42 PM
996Yayo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Ill take the Murci!
how did i know you were going to say that? i have to agree though. if i were basing it on looks only, i'd have to take the Murci. i must say its the most intimidating looking car in the pack.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
AWESOME VIDEO....

VRA....I am 100% with your point "CGT top comes off" ...I will take it hands down over the other cars.

Old 08-21-2006, 06:07 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
How can the SLR be faster than the carrera GT

.....................SLR........................ GT
0/100km .........3.8 ........................3.8
0/300km .........30.6...................... 34.2

Old 08-21-2006, 03:05 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
How can the SLR be faster than the carrera GT

.....................SLR........................ GT
0/100km .........3.8 ........................3.8
0/300km .........30.6...................... 34.2
Its not faster in my opinion.....consider the source of the above info...I have driven both cars at a very high rate of speed (on a closed circuit) and the CGT is without question the faster car....

Old 08-21-2006, 03:52 PM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
I have driven both cars at a very high rate of speed
Remember that game where you make everything sound dirty by adding 'in bed' to the end of every sentence. We need a VRAlex edition, where every post ends in the phrase "In Mexico. Allegedly."

Maybe just change your signature file. Save yourself the keystrokes.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:18 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Old vid but definetely the best to see the CGT performance...