Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

VIDEO: enzo vs CGT vs SLR vs Murci

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 11:07 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
VIDEO: enzo vs CGT vs SLR vs Murci

... Conti GT and DB9 thrown in there as well.

Sorry if this is a repost. But the message is clear: you want to go around corners... take the Porsche

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...he+lamborghini

Old 08-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Banned
997Vancity is infamous around these parts
Carrera GT is a monster.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:29 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
nice find!

Old 08-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Banned
Suspence is a splendid one to beholdSuspence is a splendid one to beholdSuspence is a splendid one to beholdSuspence is a splendid one to beholdSuspence is a splendid one to beholdSuspence is a splendid one to beholdSuspence is a splendid one to behold
Awesome!!!

Old 08-13-2006, 11:50 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
As is expected.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:16 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Aweomse video man, thanks

Old 08-14-2006, 12:18 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Enzo is crazy fast from 0~300km than others. CGT is truly a winner in the handling course especially it still has a traditional 6 speed rather than F1 type of tranny.

thanks for sharing!

Old 08-14-2006, 03:08 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
awesome video

Old 08-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
Great vid, CGT pulls threw... no denying the enzo is a great car, but for the price, handling and availability.. I'll take the CGT any day.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:28 AM
MarsMan is infamous around these parts
I am not sure why the CGT was so slow to 300kph. It will do 200kph in 9.9 it seems strange that it would take over 24 more seconds to do the last 100kph. The SLR was faster in that test to 300kph which doesn't make much sense either as it is much heavier with similiar horsepower.

I can understand it being slower than the Enzo but it would seem it should be between the Enzo and the SLR to 300kph.

Has anyone else seen other tests of the CGT to 300kph?

Old 08-14-2006, 05:36 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by 20C4S
Enzo is crazy fast from 0~300km than others. CGT is truly a winner in the handling course especially it still has a traditional 6 speed rather than F1 type of tranny.

thanks for sharing!
Attachment 39417

I have driven all the cars in that test at high and low city speeds as well as on the track and I picked the obvious one for me! In my opinion the CGT is the best 'out of the box' supercar on the market...maybe the only exception would be the Zonda F clubsport...but then again I have not driven one...

Last edited by VRAlexander; 11-11-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:50 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Attachment 39417

I have driven all the cars in that test at high and low city speeds as well as on the track and I picked the obvious one for me! In my opinion the CGT is the best 'out of the box' supercar on the market...maybe the only exception would be the Zonda F clubsport...but then again I have not driven one...
VRA, how did the Enzo feel compared to the CGT? I've only ridden in a CGT, but never in an Enzo (there are none in the country where I live)

I recall last year during one of the Porsche events I attended, where I was blessed with the opportunity to have dinner with Walter Rohrl, I asked him his impressions of both cars. He said that the Enzo seemed engineered to feel like a racecar even at low speeds. He literally said that the CGT felt "trucklike" compared to the Enzo, when just driving around. But once you were really going for it, the CGT felt a lot more composed and sure-footed. I guess he's obviously biased, but it does seem that this independent test proves that the CGT delivers the goods where it counts (i.e., laptimes).

He DID mention though that the power of the Enzo was amazing compared with the CGT.

Old 08-14-2006, 06:21 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by hesperus
VRA, how did the Enzo feel compared to the CGT? I've only ridden in a CGT, but never in an Enzo (there are none in the country where I live)

I recall last year during one of the Porsche events I attended, where I was blessed with the opportunity to have dinner with Walter Rohrl, I asked him his impressions of both cars. He said that the Enzo seemed engineered to feel like a racecar even at low speeds. He literally said that the CGT felt "trucklike" compared to the Enzo, when just driving around. But once you were really going for it, the CGT felt a lot more composed and sure-footed. I guess he's obviously biased, but it does seem that this independent test proves that the CGT delivers the goods where it counts (i.e., laptimes).

He DID mention though that the power of the Enzo was amazing compared with the CGT.
The ENZO is a race car with lights and a license plate..it is faster and very docile...however it is NOT practical in a real world app. The CGT is a phenominal car that is both a racer and can double as an everyday driver...they both share one issue.....NO STORAGE space for anything!....The big plus in my book on the CGT is that the top comes off and the open road feel is second to none! I have a 'mutual understanding' with the CGT..the car does like to get tail happy...however the driver input is so phenominal and I can anticipate an oversteer situation before it happens and make the proper adjustments..the car fits like a glove! I feel like I am 'one' with the car....in other words...I am driving the car....it is not driving me....One of my first experiences was at Willow Springs when the rear end of the car got out from under me at about 130MPH....my response was quick and the result was one of my best drifts around turn one that I have ever had!! I also like a 6-speed manual gear box over the F1 shifter...hope this helps answer your question..

Old 08-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Ill take the Murci!

Old 08-14-2006, 02:31 PM
kennasbimmer is infamous around these parts
sweet vid. thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VIDEO: enzo vs CGT vs SLR vs Murci