Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 Sunroof...Write PCNA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 03:21 PM
hog
hog is infamous around these parts
For what it's worth; Porsche have agreed that the electric slide/tilt sunroof code #650 on 997 TT C16 - UK spec cars, will be a delete option. But will still charge £864-00 [$1700] for the priviledge of not having it fitted!

Old 08-24-2006, 04:24 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MetalSolid
It's all about principle; the principle of the GT3 is performance thru weight savings. To reduce the weight by adding $8k PCCB brakes, aluminum doors & hood and removing sound-deadening is ridiculous if you're gonna add it all back with a sunroof. If you want a sunroof on a 911, why the hell do you really want a GT3? If you can't notice the addition of 50lbs above your head, then you won't notice the weight savings that define the GT3, and maybe it's the wrong car for you!
right on Noellie.

RS has sunroof also, and for USA is a complete marketing gimmick.

screw them, i just bought another strad.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:25 PM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by watt
RS has sunroof also, and for USA is a complete marketing gimmick.

Way to go, Watt! The best way to show our disstatisfaction is not to buy their products. I also let my GT3 spot go...

Old 08-24-2006, 05:35 PM
stuka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deputydog95
it is a track oriented car, but let's be honest.. lots of people seem to use them more on the street more than they do on track...
I drive my GT2 on the street, but that is only because I am crazy.

The car is really stiff, radio might as well not be there since you can't hear anything until it's cranked way too loud.

Cellphone causes crazy interference with the stereo.

The non adjustable seats can be a pain.

So sunroof does exactly what in a car like this?

Old 08-24-2006, 05:51 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stuka

The car is really stiff, radio might as well not be there since you can't hear anything until it's cranked way too loud.

You are exactly like me, that's why im getting a GT car, without a damm sunroof so my plans on a 997gt3 are out!! I want the stiffest most uncomfortable car out there LOL, part of a cars satisfactiont o me, turbo is too damm soft, even now being rwd im use to it and sick of it, blah when does it end?

Old 08-24-2006, 08:57 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stuka

how does the GT2 compare to a GT3? never been in a GT2.

however, the GT3 is comfortable, rode pretty good, and wasn't all that loud. i could drive a GT3 to work every day.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:01 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
long live the 996 GT3...

Old 08-24-2006, 09:11 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Way to go, Watt! The best way to show our disstatisfaction is not to buy their products. I also let my GT3 spot go...
Yeah, you showed them. There were probably ten more people lined up to take it the minute you dropped it If I had the cash like Watt for a stradale, i'd buy one over the GT3 anyway... Sunroof or not, it's still a better car than the 996 GT3, as the 997 is a better car than the 996.

Well, have no fear my track superstar, anti-sunroof, miminialist, porsche purist friends, the latest of issue of Sports Car International (had a long flight and needed to kill some time ) says the North America GT3RS will probably not have a sunroof. You can now shave that .0001 seconds off at your next DE event

I'll take mine with a sunroof, A/C, 20's, and a whole row of super heavy 12" subs in the back

Old 08-24-2006, 09:49 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
how does the GT2 compare to a GT3? never been in a GT2.

however, the GT3 is comfortable, rode pretty good, and wasn't all that loud. i could drive a GT3 to work every day.
The actual ride is very similar. The GT2 feels bigger (Even though it really isn't). Compared to your car, my Gt3 sounds like a electric RC car.
FWIW, I would take the Stradale as well ($ no object) but the best bang for the buck goes to the GT3.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:47 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
The sunroof is for giving the bird to drivers who were blocking you. Saves from getting your hand caught up in the window net.

Btw, I agree w/everyone who thinks it should be an option (meaning, it can be ordered without)--especially on a track-oriented car such as the GT3. This stance is regardless of performance benefit or lack of. It's a track-car derived model, and luxury options should ALL be optional (including any power options, leather, etc). Conversely, on the TT which is more of a mass-market targeted car, I'd expect the sunroof and power options to be standard.

Last edited by Super D; 08-25-2006 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Roller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to behold
I find the fact that they did crash cars with a sunroof the right choise, they are the weaker ones, surely a car withour one will perfrom better.

Gotta hate rules

Old 08-25-2006, 01:24 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
i wrote my pal who's a senior PCNA guy and told him my view.

when 997 gt3's are heavily discounted mid-2007, maybe i'll check one out

Old 08-25-2006, 06:23 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I wrote 3 letters to PCNA (different folks) after I found out
around June I have recieved to date
ZERO replies. Even I can count that high.
Watt How are you doing? Long time no hear.

Old 08-25-2006, 06:50 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
i wouldn't want a sunroof on this car.........is there anything else we can do???

how bout we have a protest at Porsche hq

it would be worth it

Old 08-25-2006, 10:15 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by watt
Another Stradale, not a bad choice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Sunroof...Write PCNA