Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT2 OEM Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 01:59 PM
stuka is infamous around these parts
GT2 OEM Springs

Well, so I tried to get my car corner balanced, and it turned out that they couldn't do it.

Because the prevous owner had really short H&R slamming bling springs installed, they are yellow in color and doesn't allow the coilovers to go above half way, which means I only have less than 2cm of clearance during normal driving.

Does anyone know what color the OEM springs for the GT2 is? Just on the off chance that these springs, yellow in color with H&R stamps, are OEM. I am about ready to order a set of stock springs.

The balance as it stands is not too horrible, but I would like to make it better.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough
The stock springs are yellow and say H&R on them.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Josh
The stock springs are yellow and say H&R on them.
Hmm, the only thing is, when I called Sunset, the part numbers that they gave me were significantly longer than the part number stamped on the yellow H&R springs. I will look for it and post them...

Old 10-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough
Pictures of my car...

You can see the edge of the H&R logo

Old 10-03-2006, 02:59 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
I will post the part numbers for 2003 and/or 2004 tonight, as I have them at home. However as you can see from Josh's photos the springs are progressive.

I think GMG, Fabryce, would have a used pair of OEM GT2 springs in stock, as they have replaced a number of cars with Moton's and revised springs.

JCM

Old 10-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Looks like a stock spring to me-

You should have no problem corner balancing the car with the stock springs..

I dont know what the shop is telling you- but they should be able to do it.

The stock GT2 springs is yellow and supplied by H&R
It will have a porsche part on it 996.xxx.xxx.xx

Old 10-03-2006, 03:07 PM
NJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud of
The rear ones seem to be stock springs: 996.333.531.94 or 996.333.531.98 (04+ GT2)

The front ones you need to rotate with your hands to spot the part number: it should be 996.343.531.93 or 996.343.531.98 (04+ GT2)

Old 10-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by NJ-GT
The rear ones seem to be stock springs: 996.333.531.94 or 996.333.531.98 (04+ GT2)

The front ones you need to rotate with your hands to spot the part number: it should be 996.343.531.93 or 996.343.531.98 (04+ GT2)
I know mine are stock, the question is if stuka's are. Hopefully, he can post pictures/part#s of his car.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:52 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
those are stock springs if they are yellow and have H&R stamped. H&R aftermarket springs are generally red in color. No H&R aftermarket springs for GT2 come in yellow.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Well, apparently they are stock, judging form the pictures and the documentations that the shop gave me.

It just seemd odd that the part number that Sunset gave me wihch is, 99634353198504.

The shop documenation has 996343193.

I guess I should set aside some $$ and replace my lip spoiler every 6 month.

I also talked to the shop, and they told me that it can be adjusted, but the car will sit lower than it currently does, which is pretty damn low.

This all started when I took off the wheel after buying the car and found that the previous owner had the coilover turned to bump stop, so it bottoms out everywhere, not scraping, but bottoming out.

So I readjusted it to where it won't go any higher, and I guess that is the way it is...

Thank you all for the detective work, I really appreciate it.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:00 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
turned to bump stop? Fact GT2 settings are generally pretty low. spoilers are consummables buy them by the six-pack esp if you drive it as a daily.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by oak
turned to bump stop? Fact GT2 settings are generally pretty low. spoilers are consummables buy them by the six-pack esp if you drive it as a daily.
Yes, the coilover was locked at the lowest, so yo ucan barely get your finger in between the tire and the wheel well.

I am calling Sunset to stock up on 6 packs of spoilers, as you said.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:52 PM
NJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud of
the lowest concern to have with a lowered GT2 is the spoiler lip. The biggest one is the bump steer coming from the rear axle, that can be lethal at a racetrack.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by oak
turned to bump stop?
Just to clarify, see picture #3, the previous owner had the collar turned all the way to the top so the car has that bling bling ground hugging look that bottoms out on uneven LA freeways for no techincal reason.

I turned it down to around where picture #3 collar is. There still appear to be a lot of travel on the coilover that can be made if it wasn't for the length of the spring.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:58 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
NJ-GT - The biggest one is the bump steer coming from the rear axle, that can be lethal at a racetrack.

I can attest to this. The GT2 can be evil at the track! Took a guy for a ride last time at the track and when he got out one of the guys asked him how the ride was, he said said it scared the $#!^ out of him, said I was crazy. I told him no, that is just rear biased bump steer I haven't dialed out yet. If you can't feel it you can't fix it!

JCM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 OEM Springs