Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 04:06 PM
GT2Sweden is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gustav
What was your username?
I dont have a username

Old 11-22-2006, 08:24 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
I like the gt2 and its high on my list of cars I want to experience, but to all those in the thread who claimed they would rather have it than a 430, I have to be a bit incredulous.
If I were to hand you the keys to both cars and you had to choose, no money, no taxes, I doubt many would take the gt2. Faster or not.

And to the poster who mentioned the hurt egos on fchat, no matter 6sp, fchat, EC, whatever, if your ego is hurt because someone has a faster car you need to get out more! Its just a car and someone is always going to have a faster one. I say more power to them and enjoy the ride.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:08 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by riverflyer
I like the gt2 and its high on my list of cars I want to experience, but to all those in the thread who claimed they would rather have it than a 430, I have to be a bit incredulous.
If I were to hand you the keys to both cars and you had to choose, no money, no taxes, I doubt many would take the gt2. Faster or not.

And to the poster who mentioned the hurt egos on fchat, no matter 6sp, fchat, EC, whatever, if your ego is hurt because someone has a faster car you need to get out more! Its just a car and someone is always going to have a faster one. I say more power to them and enjoy the ride.
The F430 is a real attention getter; Which can be a double-edged sword. Sometimes a person (like me) just wants to drive a thrilling, rewarding, and fast auto without being stopped all the time, followed, gawked at. The GT2 is sort of a sleeper; There are those enthusiast who know what it is, but to most of the general public, it could be confused with a boxter (true story).........It is true that someone is always going to have a faster one, but it helps when you are in the top 2% of fast.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:05 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drjoe
The F430 is a real attention getter; Which can be a double-edged sword. Sometimes a person (like me) just wants to drive a thrilling, rewarding, and fast auto without being stopped all the time, followed, gawked at. The GT2 is sort of a sleeper; There are those enthusiast who know what it is, but to most of the general public, it could be confused with a boxter (true story).........It is true that someone is always going to have a faster one, but it helps when you are in the top 2% of fast.
Hey Doc, good point. It is for sure true that Ferraris get a lot more attention. Someone described owning exotics to me some years back as a "guilty pleasure". Sometimes seeing the thrill and pleasure on peoples faces is such a cool event, but yes, other times the attention can be a drag. Not that the gt2 is much of a wallflower, I know what you mean.
Speaking of boxster stories, I have a lightened, highly modded boxster that is so much fun to drive, like a spec miata on steroids. One day while driving down the coast a group of newer porshes out on a group drive drove past. I waved and flicked my lights and got 0 response, like I was invisible. Later that same day I happen to be out driving the Ferrari and went by the same group of cars. Heads turned, a flash here and a wave there and a complete turnaround of acknowledgement.
And yes, top 2% is all good.