Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Superstreet Time Attack Qualify Rnd @ Sears GMG/Rennworx/Dymag 1st and new record....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Superstreet Time Attack Qualify Rnd @ Sears GMG/Rennworx/Dymag 1st and new record....

Last weekend we went up to Infineon Sears Pt to qualify for the Superstreet Time Attack finale that will be held @ Buttonwillow the week after SEMA.

We ran the cup car in the unlimited class - Shod with the Rennworx/Dymag Carbon wheels - We were able to post the fastest time of the day and set a new track record......

This was pretty cool event- running on Toyo Ra-1 tires and with 60+ cars on track it made it very interesting getting through traffic to set the flier lap.. We could have gone faster reported James ... But this would be enough..

I am pleased to report that the Carbon Dymag wheels performed flawlessly and James reported an improvement in the feel and performance of the car..

At one point James used the curbing to get around the track- What would have most likely bent a normal 3 piece wheel- the Dymag showed no signs of any damage or fatigue....What so ever..

Attached are a few pictures of the wheels.

Enjoy!

See ya at Laguna Seca next weekend............. Speed GT race is Sunday..

Attached Images      
Old 10-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
another shot of the car...

Attached Images  
Old 10-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Former Vendor
Old 10-16-2006, 09:45 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Did you guys catch the shout out the announcers gave you at Mosport? They said something to the effect that GMG was either fast becoming or the largest Porsche tuner on the west coast.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:31 AM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats...car looks mean

BTW, what happened on Speed World GT at Road Atlanta, I watched the replay yesterday and SpeedTV didn't tell why James fell back from 4th position I think to 15th+ position on the last lap....

Old 10-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor
Yes I heard the annoucement from Mosport

The Road Atlanta race was well------------- Frustrating James had an awesome race as the lead group the top 4 cars broke away from the field..

With 2 laps to go we had a trivial part fail- The pin which replaces the ball joint sheered off and the rear wheel started flopping around.........
We dont use stock lower control arms on our car we run the Fabcar arms and they have a custom pin that holds the monoball to the upright.

James then fell back- It was our biggest dissapoint of the year...

Luckily it was in a relatively slow part of the track turn 5 only about 100 mph and james was able to drive off safely- Had this failure happened on one of the straights it could have been a disaster especially when the cars are seeing 165 + MPH..

Laguna Seca is next weekend........ The part design has been changed and the new parts are much beefier.. Its the last race of the year... Rest assured
we are coming to Laguna Guns a Blazing.,.,

Hope you all can make it out...............

Old 10-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Thanks for the report Fabryce.

You guys should open up a East coast branch. GMG East sounds great. Preferably in NY.

Regards.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor
Phoenix

We are actually working with Tekmark our partner in BMW racing for many years and are planning on opening a division of GMG in Ohio later next year..
The shop will offer all our tuning and race prep service's for all the midwest guys ...
The east coast NY/NJ are definetly on the map as both James and I are from NY and NJ respectively... We would love to have a place back home

Stay tuned

Old 10-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Fabryce,

That's great!

The Northeast area needs badly a well equipped and able shop like GMG. Don't forget about us when the time comes to make decisions.

Regards.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:34 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Fabryce, congrats, sounds like the car's running great and any looming questions about the dymags seem to be answered. Good luck at Laguna! Also, I have an idea that may be a wave of the future, or possibly a stillborn idea of no merit whatsoever, but if you're interested, PM me and no I'm not charging anything, just an aerodynamics idea that I have that I've never seen used on a car and has been proven in other realms.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Former Vendor
Scott

Just shoot me over an email - fabryce@gmgracing.com

Old 10-19-2006, 11:27 PM
TTM0TION is infamous around these parts
Car looks sooo mean with those wheels in it. Cannot wait to watch the Laguna race, best of luck to you guys.

P.S. if you open a NY/NJ branch I'll have my app. for janitor or anything on your desk ASAP!!