Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My problems with PCNA, my dealership etc over my 2004 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 12:37 AM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
BOYRACER,

IMO- Unless the written warranty has specific information on what will void it, they should stand by it. Be sure to look for language like "normal wear and tear" or "normal driving conditions". Any high speed event or activity that you admit to or they can prove may not be considered "normal". Almost all warranties will have clauses that limit the coverage to normal usage. It protects the manufacturers from hearing "don't know what happened-it just blew up"(at 7000 rpm down the back straight).
If the warranty does cover track activity, then it will state that as well and all the provisions required for compliance by the owner. Be prepared to pay dearly for pre and post track inspections. Especially if they happen to find something wrong during the post track inspection....and they will, you will have to have them fix it to continue the warranty.
Any reference they make regarding the previous owner, abuse or warranty is not a topic of discussion. When the dealer sold you the car they are basicly saying that the car is in sound working condition, any prior issues have been resolved and this warranty is offered to the buyer in case future problems arise.
Don't give up, take "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" mentality. Yes you may have to see a lawyer, but a couple of letters usually give them a different point of view. Its all going to come down to small print........so go over it carefully!
-z

Old 10-22-2006, 01:15 AM
yellowturbo is infamous around these parts
As I said in the previous thread, I had a PPI done at Loeber and they were quite the zealots when addressing any issues with their "DME Analysis". They did that on a car that was otherwise pristine (with some small rotor cracks), and essentially scared me away from the car since it had been over-revved, etc. In retrospect, I'm glad they did because I was still in the market when I ran into my current car, but I suspect that they are a dealer that has absolutely no support for track activities. Very sad especially for a GT3 - the new 997 GT3 video on their site shows the car on a closed-circuit road course.

Old 10-22-2006, 01:37 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
thanks for all the input guys...I will keep you all up to date on what happens with this issue.

Old 10-22-2006, 04:12 PM
DavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud of
So the dealer mislead you on the warranty when buying the car. How can a official Porsche dealer even think about doing that!
Did PCNA take any actions regarding this dealership for treating their "valued customers" this way?

Old 10-22-2006, 06:57 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
There has to be some attorneys here, they misrepresented the car to him. If his purchase decision relied on their assertions that the car was warrantied I would assume he would have some recourse.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/consumer/Publi...onUsedCars.pdf

Last edited by SD1; 10-22-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Dave I is infamous around these parts
I think the treatment you're getting from both PCNA and the selling dealer is hideous. You have every right to be pissed at all parties involved, especially since you and your family are such loyal p-car customers. To suggest you should take this lying down, is unvelievable, to put it very mildly. Keep spreading the word of all inidividuals who are giving you such horrible treatment, and hopefully it will spare someone else from having a similar experience down the road.

Good luck, hope you get a favorable result very soon.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:53 PM
O4 GT3
Vader13 has a spectacular aura aboutVader13 has a spectacular aura about
Sory man, what a nightmare...

Old 10-22-2006, 10:11 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
letter have been sent. I will be at the dealership early this week to take pictures of all the damage. I will post the pictures here for you guys to see as soon as I get a chance.