Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My problems with PCNA, my dealership etc over my 2004 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 05:31 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
My problems with PCNA, my dealership etc over my 2004 GT3

Well as some of you remember I posted a thread a couple weeks ago discussing the mechanical issues with my 2004 GT3. Here is a little background of what happened. I was leaving my parking garage in my 3 month old GT3(I bought it with 9300 miles on it) and rolling out of 1st gear I heard a sound and the car seized to move. A bolt on the axle or something of that sort broke and caused some damage. I had the car towed via Porsche Road Side Assistance to the nearest dealer(not my purchasing dealer which was much further) to get the repairs done. I received a call the following morning that Porsche will not cover the repairs because the car has had signs of track abuse and that my warranty from here on out should be void. Well this imho was complete **** because in my years of tracking I Have not burned a clutch or ever been known to be overly abusive, aside from that the car is only 3 mos old for me so it has seen very little track time in my hands. When I bought the car I had Joe rizza do a DME download where they said there was only ONE overrev for a very short time and that I should not worry about either certifying the car or about my warranty because the car had the balance of a factory warranty. I made it a point to bring up the warranty several times, each time being assured that there was the balance of the factory warranty left and that the car was always maintained properly...here is what has happened since then....

I *****ed and moaned and *****ed some more to both the servicing dealer(Loeber Motors in Lincolnwood, IL) and to my sales dealer(Joe Rizza in Orland Park, IL) and to PCNA. So Loeber had a regional service tech come out to look at my car. I got a call yesterday from the servicing dealer Loeber claiming that the porsche regional service tech denied my claim because the car has been tracked. On the phone the service manager at this dealership said that prior to me buying the car the car had beeen abused and that if a porsche customer takes their car to the track it must be brought into a PORSCHE authorized dealership both before and immedietely following the track event. If it is taken to an independent shop,porsche can void my warranty. This is exactly what I have been informed. They also indicated that a porsche dealership would have tightened those bolts keeping the car from having the axle failure. I indicated that I boughtt he car three months ago and that they should have then taken care of it under PPI at the dealer. He said that was between me and my sales dealership. Well my frustration has now hit an all time high. I bought the GT3 because porsche has marketed the car as their track car. Their ads show the car on the track and they always talk about it as being their street version of their race car(GT3 Cup). Why is it now that porsche refuses to cover any of my warranty because their dealers were both negligent in maintaining my car properly and that their sales dealer knew the car had no warranty but sold it to me under the pretence that it does. I feel as though I have been cheated by a company where my family has bought 6 cars from. It is ridiculous that I have been without my car for 3 weeks and still I have not been compensated in any way. A letter is being sent to my sales dealer and PCNA indicating that I was misinformed about my vehicle upon purchase. I have lost a lot of faith in porsche and Joe Rizza Porsche in Orland Park. I wanted to share my story with everyone on this board and will with eveyr other board I am a member of because I would hate to see any of you go through what I have gone through. Porsche will not stand by their warranties or their dealerships.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:16 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
story is totally sickening. i wish you all the luck in the world dealing with those a holes. should be some legal action vs p based on false marketing as track car. not just p either, many brands void warantee if supposed track car is actually used on track.

for future track events i would stay as anonymous as possible. say nothing to dealership about track. esp stay away from any p related track event that p could possibly verify. only track with independent groups open to all cars. nothing that could ever list tou or your car on web.

good luck and keep posted

Old 10-21-2006, 06:27 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
What's exactly wrong with the car? Does it need a new motor?

Old 10-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Banned
Tso GT3 is infamous around these parts
Well, I seem to recall even Ferrari would void warranty (F430 Challenge) and I suppose that's even more track ready then GT3. Please check picture number 03. Hope you will feel better after seeing the picture.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=60882

It is nice that you are sharing the information with us but no need to post all the forum you know as well as multiple section on 6speedonline. How do you even keep track of all the responses? Anyway, good luck with your GT3.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:39 PM
996turbo is infamous around these parts
best of luck to you....this is total BS!!

Old 10-21-2006, 06:57 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
I just wanted to post on two different forums because I know somepeople just check one and not the other. This is not only a rant thread, but one to be informative because I would hate to see anyone else go through this. If the moderators want they can merge them. I apologize for the double thread...just trying to make sure everyone knows what they do.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:59 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
And for Chicago/Il area folks to not do business with either Porsche dealer.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by fcar348

for future track events i would stay as anonymous as possible. say nothing to dealership about track. esp stay away from any p related track event that p could possibly verify. only track with independent groups open to all cars. nothing that could ever list tou or your car on web.

good luck and keep posted
See I did not even mention tracking, but my mods would lead them to assume I do. It was the DME download that they *****ed about. I am a PCA instructor as well as for several other clubs. I refuse to stop going to the events because Porsche has misrepresented me. The problem I have is mostly that I was lied to by my selling dealer and 2nd that porsche has marketed the GT3 on the track, showing track videos in their ads, track photos etc. This imho is false advertising, do not lead us to believe we can track the car and then just deny us when the car comes in with an issue. People pay up to 120k for these cars(I paid less than that cause it was used) and they expect a level of honesty and honor coming from the dealerships and company. I guess that is not the case in this day and age. I will keep you all posted as time goes on.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:02 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
what's wrong with the car ? This sucks....guess when you track it, drive like granny...

Old 10-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
And for Chicago/Il area folks to not do business with either Porsche dealer.
exactly...My issue is more with Joe Rizza because they sold me the car. Loeber has sold my family cars and has been pretty good with them about everything. But the fact that they too just did not stand up for me in any way shape or form and threw me all this BS about coming in before track days and immedietely after made me very angry. My car does go in and out of the shop before and after every track day, but it goes to a shop that works on track porsches. Everything is kept up to date. I change the oil after every 2 track events, flush the fluids and everything. I am meticulous about taking care of my cars and it just makes me mad that porsche keeps pulling excuses out of their asses

Old 10-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Banned
Tso GT3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BOYRACER
exactly...My issue is more with Joe Rizza because they sold me the car. Loeber has sold my family cars and has been pretty good with them about everything. But the fact that they too just did not stand up for me in any way shape or form and threw me all this BS about coming in before track days and immedietely after made me very angry. My car does go in and out of the shop before and after every track day, but it goes to a shop that works on track porsches. Everything is kept up to date. I change the oil after every 2 track events, flush the fluids and everything. I am meticulous about taking care of my cars and it just makes me mad that porsche keeps pulling excuses out of their asses
Boyracer,

I understand your frustration but if you are so mad why getting another 997 GT3 if they buy back your GT3. BTW, how much did you pay for your GT3? I remember you pay a really cheap price for it so don't expect too much from a used car not to mention with an abused history. I am sure Joe would not appreciate when you mentioned his name in public. I think your problem is with Porsche NA not Joe so please keep it cool. After all, Joe didn't force you to get your GT3. And I remember you shared with us how happy you were when you got your GT3 so obviously you had a great time with it. Why don't you just find out how much it would cost and pay for it and move on?

Last edited by Tso GT3; 10-21-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tso GT3
Boyracer,

I understand your frustration but if you are so mad why getting another 997 GT3 if they buy back your GT3. BTW, how much did you pay for your GT3? I remember you pay a really cheap price for it so don't expect too much from a used car not to mention with an abused history. I am sure Joe would not appreciate when you mentioned his name in public. I think your problem is with Porsche NA not Joe so please keep it cool. After all, Joe didn't force you to get your GT3. And I remember you shared with us how happy you were when you got your GT3 so obviously you had a great time with it. Why don't you just find out how much it would cost and pay for it and move on?
I paid 80k for it which was market value, not cheap. Second why should I sit back and let them **** on me and move on? I should allow them to get the best of me and then move on and do that to someone else? Also If Joe Rizza Porsche is mad about me discussing my feelings then they should not lie to their customers. I have not won the lottery and worked really hard for this and refuse to sit back and allow someone to bend me over and give me a stiff one. I was promised the car was not abused(had the DME downloaded), I was told I had a warranty and now I find out otherwise. Why would I pay for it when I was misrepresnted. No offense, but if you are willing to let the dealerships take advatage of you that is your decision. I for one refuse and will fight it

Old 10-21-2006, 07:43 PM
kbliew is infamous around these parts
u know i think the only way is to sue them. This is just wrong. I remember back in the 80's ( it could be in the 90's, not really sure), a guy got drunk and crashed his 911 turbo. He sued porsche and said the car was hard to control/drive or something and he won. If u sue them, make sure you raise hell and get enough media coverage. I'm sure porsche will back off for he sake of keeping their image/reputation clean. Then u can use the extra settlement $$ to buy a CGT . Dont get me wrong, i LOVE my porsche but the fact that porsche doen;t even stand behind their own products kinda **** me off. On a different topic, remember the male enhancement ad with smiley Bob called Enzyte? They are in BIG trouble now, i think a lot of ppl, including FTC are suing them for false advertisement.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:33 PM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
BOYRACER,

What were the written not implied terms in the warranty regarding tracking the car? I would think that it would have to specific language on their definition of "track abuse". Are they saying that the "abuse" prior to you buying the vehicle voided the original warranty or are the saying that the current DME download reflects that you abused the car after the sale?

-z

Old 10-21-2006, 10:10 PM
they are saying that he car was abused prior to me purchasing it and a specific point where the abuse was drastic was at 140 or so hours(prior to me buying the car). I faught this point claiming I was sold the car with a warranty and then they jumped to the oh well the car needs to come in before and after EVERY track event to be checked by your porsche dealer or we can void your warranty. This is written NOWHERE in any document I have seen. I have been reading and reading and reading about porsche warranties, documents etc all day. So i think i amgoing to press hard this week and if not I have a decent case I suppose

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My problems with PCNA, my dealership etc over my 2004 GT3