Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

F50 vs GT2 vs Murcie vs NSX-R etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 12:02 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
F50 vs GT2 vs Murcie vs NSX-R etc

another Best Motoring video. sorry if repost, but its a good one.

this one from '02. cars are:

F50
Murcie
996 GT2
NSX-R
Gemballa Turbo (550HP i think)
996 C4S

track is Sugo circuit, not the usual Tsukuba circuit. Best Motoring will usually book bigger tracks like Sugo, Fisco or Fuji when doing races with very high HP (i.e., non JDM) cars.

the race is quite entertaining and well worth watching.

i also think that this race is a good case for Best Motoring NOT rigging races against non Japanese cars. The F50, Murcielago and GT2 all really showed what they were capable of. As usual, the NSX-R acquitted itself very well against cars with much higher HP, but its incredible cornering abilites were nowhere near enough to overcome the huge grunt deficit.

the laptimes paint a very clear picture too (wait til the end of the race where they flash best times). F50 is on another planet. GT2 2nd fastest and well clear of 3rd place.

looks like the Gemballa had good power, but as an overall package, was not well sorted (maybe tires?).

and props to Motoharu "Gan-san" Kurosawa. old man drives *****-out every time out, and exhibited amazing car control in the NSX-R.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbL1mtXW4EI

Old 10-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
very cool...love watching good drivers drive, very facinating. thanks for sharing...

Old 10-24-2006, 12:29 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Dammm, thanks for sharing!

Old 10-24-2006, 12:29 AM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Good race, actually I have the dvd, got it from an ebay seller from Hong Kong (too bad it's not region 1)

Old 10-24-2006, 02:05 AM
motorsportnick is infamous around these parts
They never drive the exotics to 10/10 or even 9/10, but they always drive the nsx ***** to the wall. They are always kind of biased towards he Japanese cars, maybe its a pride thing.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:21 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by motorsportnick
They never drive the exotics to 10/10 or even 9/10, but they always drive the nsx ***** to the wall. They are always kind of biased towards he Japanese cars, maybe its a pride thing.
i'm sorry but i don't think that's completly fair to say "never". i have videos of keichi tsuchiya driving the F40 in a race (he was leading by a country mile) and getting the thing VERY sideways thru some of the fast corners. the recent togue test also (its available in english translation) of the F430 shows him going incredibly fast and riding the razor's edge. the translation clearly shows he was super impressed with the car ("this is too fast", "its very good" and ending with "i wish Honda would build a new NSX to match the ferrari").

moreover, the gallardo currently holds the production car lap record of tsukuba (beating out any JDM vehicle, even I think, the super limited edition Nismo R34 Skyline Z-Tune). they also tested the 997 GT3 cup, which did a hugely impressive lap time of 59 seconds. it takes 600HP in the monster skylines to match that time.

the race outcomes may need to be taken with a grain of salt (different driver skill, some more careful than others). but i think with single "time attack" lap times, they do go 10/10ths.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:10 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Just sweet...the NSX - R is very well competing with cars much more powerful! Great

Old 10-24-2006, 02:00 PM
shakazulu12 is infamous around these partsshakazulu12 is infamous around these parts
I have noticed varying degrees of pushing the cars in these videos. Its true that if there is a skyline/supra/NSX/WRX, it generally does a lot better than it should.

I saw a recent one where a WRX was running away from a new Z06 and a Murci. I can't understand the language, but even with some mods, that would likely not happen unless the WRX was on slicks/cheater tires.

However, as was mentioned above. I saw a copy of the Gallardo video and they thrashed the crap out of that one. Also the F40 video is another famous one.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
I watch best motoring for years now. To be honest there are times you know they just arent pushing the car that quick. I personally only watch it for time attack and touge events.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Hardly indicitive of the cars true performance. Several variables in this video:

1. Guy in the Murcielago explaind that he has never even sat in a Murcielago prior to the race, that the car was brand new and he was instructed to take it easy.

2. The F50 is modified, including engine mods, suspension mods, brake mods.

3. The Gt2 is modified in the same way, but also including light weight body mods.

The exotics are NEVER driven as hard as they can be, watch the lines taken in the Murcielago, then the lines taken by the NSXR.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:17 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shakazulu12
However, as was mentioned above. I saw a copy of the Gallardo video and they thrashed the crap out of that one. Also the F40 video is another famous one.
Which BM episode has this Gallardo test?

Old 10-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Originally Posted by acs-3
Which BM episode has this Gallardo test?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lbFwwM4qJds

i think this is a different one. but awesome nevertheless. so the NSX-R won... again. but the gallardo had to fight thru traffic, and its quickest laptime was almost 0.4 seconds faster than the NSX-R. that's quite a bit quicker.

i dunno... personally, i'd cut these BMI guys some slack, for the following reasons:

1) they indicate single lap attack times for the cars anyway (which can be very different than the results of a given race);

2) they provide us with SOME indication of how these cars compare on-track, in the hands of people who are probably better drivers than a good majority of the people on this board (flame suit on). on a trackday, not everyone is at the same skill level anyway right?

3) what other TV show puts the cars head-to-head on a track? the only one I can think of is "Fifth Gear", but Tiff/VBH/Jason don't always do head-to-heads. and even then, its usually just two cars at a time.

4) BMI is just really good petrolhead entertainment! (would you rather watch Motor Trend TV?!)

Old 10-25-2006, 07:43 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Originally Posted by hesperus
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lbFwwM4qJds

i think this is a different one. but awesome nevertheless. so the NSX-R won... again. but the gallardo had to fight thru traffic, and its quickest laptime was almost 0.4 seconds faster than the NSX-R. that's quite a bit quicker.

i dunno... personally, i'd cut these BMI guys some slack, for the following reasons:

1) they indicate single lap attack times for the cars anyway (which can be very different than the results of a given race);

2) they provide us with SOME indication of how these cars compare on-track, in the hands of people who are probably better drivers than a good majority of the people on this board (flame suit on). on a trackday, not everyone is at the same skill level anyway right?

3) what other TV show puts the cars head-to-head on a track? the only one I can think of is "Fifth Gear", but Tiff/VBH/Jason don't always do head-to-heads. and even then, its usually just two cars at a time.

4) BMI is just really good petrolhead entertainment! (would you rather watch Motor Trend TV?!)
That video does not explain how fast these cars are...expecially the Gallardo...come on...it's in the last position for a lap and 1/2!
Plus the track is extremely small.
I know these JDM are fast but how can you compare them with italians...

Old 10-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I think rather than using Tsukuba track most of the times, those guys should use longer track like the new Fuji Speedway that would give slightly advantage for higher hp cars

Old 10-25-2006, 01:04 PM
BeTurbo is infamous around these parts
Thanks for sharing

Last edited by BeTurbo; 10-25-2006 at 01:08 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F50 vs GT2 vs Murcie vs NSX-R etc