Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2 Silver GT3's spotted in Chicago

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Range Rover of Knoxville was the same way, service is a joke here to, offered my dad a brand new Range Rover SC. My dad told him straight up that he wanted a Cayenne or Infiniti but as all of them are pos, they imo are one of the best looking suv's on the road..
The RR is the best looking SUV but its a total piece of crap. Their repeat business must be nil. The Audi Q7 is funky looking but it drives nice and I've had good experience with Audi's, gotta get what the wife wants on this one so we'll see but no more Rovers. Reliability is a priority.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:49 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bruce
The RR is the best looking SUV but its a total piece of crap. Their repeat business must be nil. The Audi Q7 is funky looking but it drives nice and I've had good experience with Audi's, gotta get what the wife wants on this one so we'll see but no more Rovers. Reliability is a priority.
Does your dealer give u a LR3 as a loaner car? They gave my mom one and we went from knoxville to hilton head twice because the car was in the shop for 1 1/2 month and we put about 2500k miles on it

Old 11-02-2006, 08:35 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk is infamous around these partsKraftwerk is infamous around these parts
The intent of my thread was to see if these 2 Chicago area GT3 owners were 6speed members. But nobody has piped up so we'll forget about the original intent.

While we are avoiding the topic I guess I can add to the discussion. I reccomend the Q7. I test drove a fully loaded 4.2 V8 and it drove extremely well not to mention all the gadgets were sick.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Does your dealer give u a LR3 as a loaner car? They gave my mom one and we went from knoxville to hilton head twice because the car was in the shop for 1 1/2 month and we put about 2500k miles on it
Unfortunately we are very familiar with the LR3 because like you that is the loaner model they gave us. Our longest stretch with a LR3 has been 2 weeks, not real impressed with it.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:03 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Unfortunately we are very familiar with the LR3 because like you that is the loaner model they gave us. Our longest stretch with a LR3 has been 2 weeks, not real impressed with it.
and they make sure to give us the most base model u can get

Old 11-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk
The intent of my thread was to see if these 2 Chicago area GT3 owners were 6speed members. But nobody has piped up so we'll forget about the original intent.

While we are avoiding the topic I guess I can add to the discussion. I reccomend the Q7. I test drove a fully loaded 4.2 V8 and it drove extremely well not to mention all the gadgets were sick.

Yeah we drove the Q7 4.2 premium, it's real comfortable, a nice interior and pretty quick for it's size and weight and as you said lots of gadgets.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:16 AM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Mini D was off on his facts. Our 2003 Range Rover had the transmission replaced. It stayed in the shop for six weeks as they had issues getting the replacement (maybe a bad sign of an overall issue w/03 transmissions??).The car had periodic smaller issues but I still loved it. I considered keeping it as a daily driver instead of my M5. I would probably by another one down the road (when we can get Mini D into college and need less room).

On the QX56 side of the coin, it was a good decision. Plenty of hp; torque and room. As a family we all agree the RR was prettier but the QX is more functional (sounds like comparing a Ferrari vs. Porsche in an SUV kinda way).

Old 11-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by DHinkle
Mini D was off on his facts. Our 2003 Range Rover had the transmission replaced. It stayed in the shop for six weeks as they had issues getting the replacement (maybe a bad sign of an overall issue w/03 transmissions??).The car had periodic smaller issues but I still loved it. I considered keeping it as a daily driver instead of my M5. I would probably by another one down the road (when we can get Mini D into college and need less room).

On the QX56 side of the coin, it was a good decision. Plenty of hp; torque and room. As a family we all agree the RR was prettier but the QX is more functional (sounds like comparing a Ferrari vs. Porsche in an SUV kinda way).

We've had many issues with the RR and every time we bring it in there's always people there with the same complaints most with recurring problems. We had a Lexus LX470 that was flawless so this experience is totally rediculous. On the positive side it's a great looking SUV and drives well especially for a vehicle so heavy. Every day we wonder what warning light will greet us when we start the car. Every day we wonder will the sunroof open and if it does will it close. The car has had a shimmy at 60 mph since new that they can't get rid of. I could go on and on but you get the idea. The only time the Lexus was in for service was for scheduled maintenance plus once for a brake change and they picked up the truck at my office.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:12 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
Yeah we drove the Q7 4.2 premium, it's real comfortable, a nice interior and pretty quick for it's size and weight and as you said lots of gadgets.
if you could wait for the TDI Q7 that would be amazing. it wont be out for awhile though so that sucks. but it truely will be an amazing car

Old 11-03-2006, 01:23 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
We had the LX470 prior to our RR and at 86k, brakes were the biggest expense. I went back to the Japanese engineers for the daily family transport needs with the QX. Test drove the Escalade, nice interior and engine but to much bling. I like the Denali/Tahoe option but felt as though the Infiniti was best option. Lexus is to update the LX470 next year and at 65k for a new one, overpriced if you're not going to keep it 10 years (I don't believe any 6speeder thinks in those terms; more like 10 months).

Old 11-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by DHinkle
We had the LX470 prior to our RR and at 86k, brakes were the biggest expense. I went back to the Japanese engineers for the daily family transport needs with the QX. Test drove the Escalade, nice interior and engine but to much bling. I like the Denali/Tahoe option but felt as though the Infiniti was best option. Lexus is to update the LX470 next year and at 65k for a new one, overpriced if you're not going to keep it 10 years (I don't believe any 6speeder thinks in those terms; more like 10 months).
I want to see the new X5 but at the moment it looks like the Audi, unfortunately we can't wait for the new LX470 or Audi's TDI.

Old 11-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
go with the Toureg TDI

and i saw The Prestige... good movie, but slow