Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2 Silver GT3's spotted in Chicago

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 06:19 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk is infamous around these partsKraftwerk is infamous around these parts
2 Silver GT3's spotted in Chicago

My brother lives in Chicago and called me today on his way to school said a silver GT3 with rollcage blew past him on the 355 freeway northbound? caught up to him at excess speed and noticed they were rolling up on another silver GT3 with a CF (i'm guessing RS) wing that had a bunch of digital equipment inside. He drives a black B6 A4 1.8T and said one of you waved back.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk
My brother lives in Chicago and called me today on his way to school said a silver GT3 with rollcage blew past him on the 355 freeway northbound? caught up to him at excess speed and noticed they were rolling up on another silver GT3 with a CF (i'm guessing RS) wing that had a bunch of digital equipment inside. He drives a black B6 A4 1.8T and said one of you waved back.
I don't think there are any GT3's in the US yet. There are a number of Carrera's with the aerokits that looks like the GT3. There are also aerokit cars out there with GT3 emblems on them so if you don't look close it looks like a real GT3. I think the first GT3's are coming in Nov.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:49 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bruce
I don't think there are any GT3's in the US yet. There are a number of Carrera's with the aerokits that looks like the GT3. There are also aerokit cars out there with GT3 emblems on them so if you don't look close it looks like a real GT3. I think the first GT3's are coming in Nov.

996 gt3's

Old 11-01-2006, 10:18 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk is infamous around these partsKraftwerk is infamous around these parts
Yeah 996, I never said 997.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Yeah 996, I never said 997.
There's so much talk about the new model I just assumed 997, my mistake.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:19 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
There's so much talk about the new model I just assumed 997, my mistake.

nice sig, love the "2004 Range Rover POS"-ours was a 2003 and had 1 blown engine, 2 transmissions, fuel pump, and a bunch of crap.

Now have a 2006 Infiniti qx56 Mom thought cayenne turbo was to much hp

Old 11-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle

nice sig, love the "2004 Range Rover POS"-ours was a 2003 and had 1 blown engine, 2 transmissions, fuel pump, and a bunch of crap.

Now have a 2006 Infiniti qx56 Mom thought cayenne turbo was to much hp

Our Range Rover is the worst car I've ever had. The list of problems is too long to list and the service dept. at the local dealer is a joke. We're looking at SUV's to replace it and the Infiniti is on the list as are the Q7, Touareg and MB. The RR dealer actually called me to see if I was interested in a new one, I started laughing so hard I couldn't stop.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:02 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Do yourself a favor and avoid the 04 and 05 Touaregs. My 04 V8 brought me to the brink of insanity.

Old 11-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by eclou
Do yourself a favor and avoid the 04 and 05 Touaregs. My 04 V8 brought me to the brink of insanity.
My brother in law has an 06 Touareg that he likes but gas mileage is horrible actually less than 10 mpg but he has a heavy foot. The Audi Q7 is leading the pack at the moment. I wish Lexus had the replacement for the LX available but that won't be until late 07, we had an LX 470 and it was flawless.

Old 11-02-2006, 03:19 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
GX 470 here, love it. 17mpg on average which I cant complain about. Will replace with another Lexus.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:16 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
That's cool guys, hijackings are fun too.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:27 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
yall seen any good movies lately?

Old 11-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by alexWS6
yall seen any good movies lately?

Saw "The Departed", it was very good. We are off topic aren't we.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:34 PM
That's cool guys, hijackings are fun too.
we've made the point of that the cars you saw were 996's. what else is there to talk about

Old 11-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Our Range Rover is the worst car I've ever had. The list of problems is too long to list and the service dept. at the local dealer is a joke. We're looking at SUV's to replace it and the Infiniti is on the list as are the Q7, Touareg and MB. The RR dealer actually called me to see if I was interested in a new one, I started laughing so hard I couldn't stop.
Range Rover of Knoxville was the same way, service is a joke here to, offered my dad a brand new Range Rover SC. My dad told him straight up that he wanted a Cayenne or Infiniti but as all of them are pos, they imo are one of the best looking suv's on the road..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 Silver GT3's spotted in Chicago