Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Aaargh! I'm loosing my mind - Gallardo or 996GT3RS?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
i don't understand why you are making yourself harder.
gt3rs all the way~
you will not regret it!

Old 11-05-2006, 09:46 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Slowpoke
I fully agree! The 360 Modena is a POS car and I can't imagine Ferrari made the F430 much better, definately not 50K more then the G or the GT3RS better!

Allan, any point of view on the G vs the RS?
agree, but i wouldnt say its a pos, just not reliable

Old 11-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Slowpoke is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SMR
One thing Jiray

If i rember right you are not a race guy, so i think a 996gt3 is to much race for you, wouldn´t a gallardo be a better car with some rims and a nice exhoust
Rickard,

You are semi-correct, I have grown to be more of a racecar guy after owning two Porsches now, I've even tracked one of them

But what I'm trying to find out is, is if the G is as lame as it was when I drove it in pouring rain and now I don't have another chance since snow is here

I drove the Mathey GT3RS this last Friday and it was SICK, but it was more comfortable than my existing Porsche so the race-feeling is no problem..

What do you think? Have you driven the Gallardo?

Can you mount an exhaust to the G?

Old 11-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
agree, but i wouldnt say its a pos, just not reliable
Trust me, my C4 with some suspension mods and a simple PSE destroys that car in every way!

Old 11-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Cognac
i don't understand why you are making yourself harder.
gt3rs all the way~
you will not regret it!
I know..

But I've always had a Lambo as a dream car Damn decisisons

Old 11-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by monsoonmadness
If you want to race around and do those country roads, get the GT3rs. If you want your girlfriend to get crazy, get the Gallardo.. Two different cars. One is a track rat. And the other is a supermodel..
Actually, *both* of the above is exactly what I'm looking for..

Now, how the hell do I solve this with only money for one of theese cars

Are there any G owners on this board? Damn Lambo-Forums is shut down and I don''t find s**t somewhere else on the web Where are all the Lambo-owners chitchating??

Old 11-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Banned
FD3SDriver is infamous around these parts
I'd go with the Lambo, but wouldn't the GT3RS be rarer? in which case i'd take the Porsche.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by FD3SDriver
I'd go with the Lambo, but wouldn't the GT3RS be rarer? in which case i'd take the Porsche.
The GT3RS more rare than a Lambo? Yes! The 996 body moore rarer than a G? Hell no!

Old 11-06-2006, 02:08 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
I know..

But I've always had a Lambo as a dream car Damn decisisons
Then get a Gallardo, get straight pipes and RWD convert it!

Old 11-06-2006, 02:10 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Rickard,

You are semi-correct, I have grown to be more of a racecar guy after owning two Porsches now, I've even tracked one of them

But what I'm trying to find out is, is if the G is as lame as it was when I drove it in pouring rain and now I don't have another chance since snow is here

I drove the Mathey GT3RS this last Friday and it was SICK, but it was more comfortable than my existing Porsche so the race-feeling is no problem..

What do you think? Have you driven the Gallardo?

Can you mount an exhaust to the G?
I can only give you my thoight but i i think a Gt3 Rs is a race car that will do on the street yes, but it´s home is the track, if you own a GT3RS 1 track day a year is not enuff, people tha own them track there cars alot..and do nut just have them as a summer car...This is just what i think..

A Gallardo is more a Haircutter car, a car you drive that says LOOK AT ME..Not a race car that want to be tracked...

I feel you are a Gallardo guy

Old 11-06-2006, 02:26 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Actually, *both* of the above is exactly what I'm looking for..

Now, how the hell do I solve this with only money for one of theese cars

Are there any G owners on this board? Damn Lambo-Forums is shut down and I don''t find s**t somewhere else on the web Where are all the Lambo-owners chitchating??
www.lamopower.com ....... There are TONS of Lambo owners lurking here and the owner of lambo power (AllanLambo) is on here also

Old 11-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
www.lamopower.com ....... There are TONS of Lambo owners lurking here and the owner of lambo power (AllanLambo) is on here also
www.lambopower.com doesn't work, it's down Anything more?

Old 11-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by SMR
I can only give you my thoight but i i think a Gt3 Rs is a race car that will do on the street yes, but it´s home is the track, if you own a GT3RS 1 track day a year is not enuff, people tha own them track there cars alot..and do nut just have them as a summer car...This is just what i think..

A Gallardo is more a Haircutter car, a car you drive that says LOOK AT ME..Not a race car that want to be tracked...

feel you are a Gallardo guy
Sure, I like the attention of riding in a nice car, don't we all? But not as much as I used to..

Then I wouldn't have a sealgrey car with black rims.....

We'll see, both cars are beautiful, I don't think I can go wrong with one of theese cars...?

Thanks!

Old 11-06-2006, 07:11 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Sure, I like the attention of riding in a nice car, don't we all? But not as much as I used to..

Then I wouldn't have a sealgrey car with black rims.....

We'll see, both cars are beautiful, I don't think I can go wrong with one of theese cars...?

Thanks!
Maybe you have change then..the supra you did build did scream look at me so i did take that in to account when i did get my advice...

I think a gt3 or gt2 not CS maybe the porsche answear then or the gallardo if you want to be nice in Norrköping

Old 11-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by SMR
Maybe you have change then..the supra you did build did scream look at me so i did take that in to account when i did get my advice...

I think a gt3 or gt2 not CS maybe the porsche answear then or the gallardo if you want to be nice in Norrköping
Bor på Sveavägen nu..

We'll see how it goes, thanks for the help!